Looking for some advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for some advice

I will be at a conference at Wild Dunes the last week of March. I have a place reserved at Wild Dunes 3/26-31. I arrive late afternoon on 3/24, so I need to find a place to stay for Friday and Saturday nights.

I have events scheduled on 3/26, including a historic Charleston tour. So I basically have Saturday as an open day. So I'm looking for some ideas on where to go after I arrive on Friday. I figure to spend Friday and Saturday nigts at the selected locale, spending Saturday at that location, then checking out Sunday morning and relocating to Wild Dunes for the rest of my stay.

I don't need something fancy and I don't want to spend a lot of money. If I weren't concerned about $$ I would have spend the two other nights at Wild Dunes. But I figure I have a chance to explore someplace else in the area. I've never spent any time in Charleston, so this is all new for me.

So looking for ideas for someplace to head to and pass a day before I check in at the conference.
    “Maybe you shouldn't dress like that.”

“This is a blouse and skirt. I don't know what you're talking about.”

“You shouldn't wear that body.”

If you've never been definitely Fort Sumter, and the Patriots Point Naval museum if you have time.
    Scott

Comment

Originally posted by scootr5 View Post
      If you've never been definitely Fort Sumter, and the Patriots Point Naval museum if you have time.
      Those are part of the historic Charleston tour that I'm doing on Sunday, so they're already covered.

Doesn't have to be in Charleston. I wouldn't mind driving a bit to some quaint coastal town where I could get an inexpensive room for a couple of nights.
      “Maybe you shouldn't dress like that.”

“This is a blouse and skirt. I don't know what you're talking about.”

“You shouldn't wear that body.”

Comment

Originally posted by T. R. Oglodyte View Post
        Those are part of the historic Charleston tour that I'm doing on Sunday, so they're already covered.

Doesn't have to be in Charleston. I wouldn't mind driving a bit to some quaint coastal town where I could get an inexpensive room for a couple of nights.

Ah. Then maybe go south a couple of hours to Savannah? Wilmington is a nice coastal town, but that would be about 3.5 hours north.
        Scott

Comment

I forget the name of the restaurant that we ate at, It is haunted
          Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

https://www.historicgeorgetownsc.com/

definitely "quaint"

might want to look into staying at Kiawah or on Pawleys island both are original shabby/chic southern and should be quiet, manageable and reasonable ( Kiawah is never cheap) at this time of year

http://www.pawleysisland.com/profile...green-gardens/

There's a Hampton Inn on Pawleys and a very close friend lives there if you want current recommendations
            lawren2
            Malibu Beach Barbie & A Super Moderator
            Last edited by lawren2; 03-03-2017, 09:53 PM.
            Lawren
            ------------------------
            There are many wonderful places in the world, but one of my favourite places is on the back of my horse.
            - Rolf Kopfle

Comment

Sullivan's' island is very close to Charleston and a cool place to hang out. Poe's is a great place to eat and has Edgar's quotes all around the bar. That whole Mt. Pleasant area is very nice and close to Charleston.

Comment

Working...
              X