2019 March 5

2020 February 25

2021 February 16

2022 March 1

2023 Feb 21

2024 Feb 13
    Hoc
    Super Moderator
    Last edited by Hoc; 05-23-2014, 03:31 PM. Reason: Edited to add future dates and delete past dates.
    What I once considered boring, I now consider paradise.
    Faust

I am making this a sticky because I think that it can be useful for someone looking to trade into Mardi Gras. Be aware that the week before and week of Mardi Gras have the most parades and festivities. The celebration ends on Tuesday night.

Also, for those looking to trade into Jazz Fest, that is the last weekend in April and first weekend in May each year.

Comment

I understand that the weeks of Mardi Gras are sold as that and they occupy the week leading up to and the week including Fat Tuesday. As they shift over the calendar the other weeks are shifted as well.

Are those two weeks typically deeded as 8 and 9.? I suppose the question is, how would you verify you were purchasing a Mardi Gras week.

Also if weeks shift how does that affect Jazz Fest etc.
      Mark B.

Comment

Originally posted by basham
        I understand that the weeks of Mardi Gras are sold as that and they occupy the week leading up to and the week including Fat Tuesday. As they shift over the calendar the other weeks are shifted as well.

Are those two weeks typically deeded as 8 and 9.? I suppose the question is, how would you verify you were purchasing a Mardi Gras week.

Also if weeks shift how does that affect Jazz Fest etc.
        Mardi Gras week is typically deeded as week 7, and "Lundi Gras week" (the week before Mardi Gras) is typically deeded as week 6. If Mardi Gras in a particular year falls on (for example) week 5, then the week 5 owner gets week 7, and the Mardi Gras week owner gets week 5.

Jazz Fest weeks will never conflict with Mardi Gras. Jazz fest is always the last weekend in April and the first weekend in May. But Jazz Fest weeks are not deeded as such. So, owners who own during Jazz Fest occasionally (about once in 7 years) get a week that is the week before or the week after Jazz Fest.

The way to verify that a week you are purchasing is a Mardi Gras week is to contact the resort directly and get the representation from them (preferably in writing) that it is a Mardi Gras week.

Comment

Working...
        X