Things to do in New Orleans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things to do in New Orleans

Any recommendations on things we should do in New Orleans? We will be going in a few weeks and staying at Quarter House

Eric look here first. If you need a Limo I can get you a great deal which includes RT airport. A few new hot restaurants, http://www.cochonrestaurant.com/ be sure to pick up some meat from the butcher shop next door if you go. The meats are smoked but Bring a cooler for the flight but it is not a needed. There Sausages and Hot dogs were great My son like the smoked Duck.

If the haunted house at the mortuary is still open go for it. The best I have ever seen.

BTW QH gives you free breakfast on the weekends and Monday
    Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

I do have Cochon listed in my list of things to do in NOLA. Have not updated it recently, because everything's still pretty much the same.

Comment

If you like live music, House of Blues is a great venue and usually has top talent.

Rock N Bowl is a New Orleans classic, moved to a new modern venue. You'll need to take a cab or drive but it's a NOLA unique experience, bowling with live music.

A tour of the Garden District is always lovely...

Beignets at Cafe Du Monde should be in order, too. I'm sure that's on Hoc's list.

If you aren't into college kids going wild (even for college kids), I would suggest staying off of Bourbon street.

Comment

We'll be there in about a month at Avenue Plaza Resort, so this is a timely post for me. Keep the ideas coming!

Comment

Breakfast at Daisy Dukes... and we always get a wings to take back to the room. If you watch football, head to Sneaky Pete's. Both are a few doors from The Quarter House. If you're up for a walk (about 15 min), Walk-Ons on Poydras is a great place for football. It gets crowded so get there early.
            Juanita

Comment

where is Daisy Dukes?

Comment

121 Chartres St.
                Juanita

Comment

Actually there are 2 locations in New Orleans. The one I've gone to is on Chartres... just down from The Quarter House.
                  Juanita

Comment

Thanks, Juanita...I'll actually be in the Garden District on Charles St.

Comment

we took a lot of greyline tours, we did the city tour, the boat tour, the garden district tour, and the cemetery tour, and also an all day plantations tour. we also visited the battlefields of the War of 1812. we walked all over the french quarter, and went to church at the cathedral, we went to the World War II museum, and rode the streetcars and trolleys too, and also took the boat to Algiers. Now I think back we must have been awfully tired.

Comment

Some obscure & weird things to see & do in NOLA.
                        http://www.atlasobscura.com/search?u...source=desktop
                        The legitimate object of Government is to do for a community of people whatever they need to have done but cannot do at all or cannot do so well for themselves”- Lincoln

Comment

Keep in mind that if you have a large party in fact. Even a not so large party. My Limo guy is cheaper than those tours. He can take you to many of the attractions like a Cementery, Swamp (You still need a Ticket but you get there in comfort), plantation tour, Lunch or dinner outside the Quarter.

Comment

I'm doing some field work near Monroe this spring. We finish up on Friday, too late for me to catch a flight out that night. Overall, it's a lot cheaper for me to fly in out of MSY and drive to the job site. And since I can fly direct from SEA to MSY, the travel time is pretty much the same. My flight out of MSY on Saturday doesn't leave until 6 pm, so I'm planning to spend Saturday night in New Orleans, and pass the time until mid-afternoon in the area.

I'm looking for some suggestions of what might be a good idea to in that brief amount of time. I've never spent any time in New Orleans, so everything is new for me.

I'm also interested in suggestions for a place to spend that Friday night, bearing in mind that I probably won't arrive until about 9 pm, that I will have a rental car and will be driving in unfamiliar territory, and after three long days of field work I likely will not be up for spending time out and about that night.
                            “Maybe you shouldn't dress like that.”

“This is a blouse and skirt. I don't know what you're talking about.”

“You shouldn't wear that body.”

Comment

Originally posted by T. R. Oglodyte View Post
                              I'm doing some field work near Monroe this spring. We finish up on Friday, too late for me to catch a flight out that night. Overall, it's a lot cheaper for me to fly in out of MSY and drive to the job site. And since I can fly direct from SEA to MSY, the travel time is pretty much the same. My flight out of MSY on Saturday doesn't leave until 6 pm, so I'm planning to spend Saturday night in New Orleans, and pass the time until mid-afternoon in the area.

I'm looking for some suggestions of what might be a good idea to in that brief amount of time. I've never spent any time in New Orleans, so everything is new for me.

I'm also interested in suggestions for a place to spend that Friday night, bearing in mind that I probably won't arrive until about 9 pm, that I will have a rental car and will be driving in unfamiliar territory, and after three long days of field work I likely will not be up for spending time out and about that night.
                              ?

Why are you renting a car there? Can you get away with Taxi or cable cars? You can book at the quarterhouse per night. I can try to get you a discount. The Monte Leon has internet deals from time to time at $99 a night not a standard room. You can try to bid at Priceline,

Comment

Working...
                              X