Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gatlinburg, Tennessee

Gatlinburg Tennessee

At the foot of the Great Smoky Mountains, charming Gatlinburg awaits you.
    The Smoky Mountains National Park offers numerous activities such as fishing,
    horseback riding, biking, picnicking or hiking throughout 800 miles of trails.

In town, Gatlinburg bustles with activities all its own. Take in the scenery
    from high above on a chair lift or take off on an adventure at one of the
    many theaters, museums, arcades or amusement parks.

To see and do:

Smoky Mountains National Park

Dollywood®

Gatlinburg Sky Lift Space Needle (360° view)

Ober Gatlinburg Amusement Park

Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies®

Ripley’s Believe It or Not!® Museum

Miniature Golf, Arcades and Games

Snow Skiing

Fly-fishing

Whitewater Rafting

Horseback Riding

Hiking and Biking

For additional area information:

www.gatlinburg.com

www.tnvacation.com

http://www.nps.gov/grsm/gsmsite/home/

Mountain Loft - Gatlinsburg Tennessee

Mountain Loft

110 Mountainloaf Drive
    Gatlinsburg Tennessee37738
    Phone: 865.436.4367

The Following is From the Blue Green Website:

As you drive beneath the canopy of oak and pine trees down the winding country road to MountainLoft, you feel as though you’re entering the nearby Smoky Mountains National Park. From an elevation of 2200 feet, the clubhouse and vacation homes afford sweeping views of the mountainside.

The rich, earthy colors and traditional American furnishings within each villa or chalet will make you feel right at home. Catch a glimpse of deer or a black bear from your balcony or patio. Warm up after a day on the slopes in front of the fireplace or in your whirlpool tub. If you prefer the crisp outdoor air, you can relax in any of four outdoor hot tubs, two heated pools or the sauna.

After a day of rafting or hiking or a workout in the fitness center, soothe your aching muscles with an on-site massage. You can host your own hoedown in the clubhouse or in one of two gazebos available for private parties. And don’t worry about the kids. With the kid’s club, activities and game room, they’ll stay busy no matter the season. Visit the concierge desk for reservations and tickets to all the local shows and attractions, then explore the area by trolley.

Photos - Maps - Floorplans

http://www.bluegreenonline.com/explo...spx?ResortID=6

Comment

I was in Gatlinburg a few years ago for baseball tournament my son was playing in. It was a very charming town that offered much more than I had imagined.

I just posted a sighting for Gatlinburg......
      Angela

If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

BTW, I'm still keeping track of how many times you annoy me.

Comment

Interesting you just posted about Gatlinsburg. I was jsut researching it yesterday! If my hubby and I were to go without childre, I was wondering if there was enough to do. We would not do amusment parks. I can not hike or do anything like rafting. What else would there be to do in July?
        Ann-Marie

Comment

Attractions and Dining

Ripley's Aquarium of the Smokies

http://www.ripleysaquariumofthesmokies.com/

Hollywood Star Cars Museum

http://www.starcarstn.com/

Dining

If you love good food, you're going to love Gatlinburg. Over 100 great
          restaurants offer everything from good old down-home Southern cookin'
          to Park Avenue gourmet. From authentic regional cuisine in rustic settings
          to popular theme restaurants, Gatlinburg has just what you crave.

http://www.gatlinburg-tennessee.com/todo/dining.html

Comment

Ann-Marie,

I have to agree with Marti, the restaurants are plentiful, and the food is very good. There are also plenty of shops if you like shopping, I do... and I found plenty to buy while I was in town.
            Angela

If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

BTW, I'm still keeping track of how many times you annoy me.

Comment

If you like crafts there is a 8 mile loop of nothing but crrafts. You can drive Roaring Fork trail and the GSMNP. Lots of good shows. When you go to Dollywood ( a must) be sure to go see James Rodgers. He is fabulous!!! shaggy

Comment

Ann-Marie, if you like scenic drives, visit Cades Cove and drive the loop, about 30-40 minutes away from Gatlinburg. It's a one-way drive through a plateau valley surrounded by mountains with stops along the way, where you can visit a few homestead houses and old churches with plaques telling the area's history.

Bring your camera since the wildlife is protected and you are sure to see plenty of deer and perhaps black bear. Go very early in the morning as it is crowded and slow-moving by late morning. Bring a picnic lunch, folding chairs or a blanket and your swimsuits and towels. Many people like to stop along the river you'll pass near the entrance to the park for a grassy picnic and to float/wade in the little river there. Near the park's entrance, there is a campground and you can get changed there (or get ice cream ).

There are also several lovely mountain drives in the Smoky Mountains National Park, at the edge of Gatlinburg with amazing mountain views and scenic outlooks. Don't miss it even if you come from other mountainous areas in the U.S. Being originally from the northeast, we are still amazed at how lushly green these mountains are. Unlike the mountains of the Northeast and some of the Rockies, the humid Smokies can have dense forest floor greenery and leafy vines that at times will blanket your whole view with a subtropical lushness not found in many other places in the U.S... so, so green.

There are many dinner shows and entertainment throughout Pigeon Forge, which you may find enjoyable. The variety is increasing so even if you don't care for country or gospel, you'll find plenty there to do without kids. Have fun!!!

Comment

Cades Cove

I agree that you have to visit Cades Cove. Be careful if you see a bear. don't feed them. If you take a right when exiting the vistor center, you might see a wild turkey.

Nancy

Comment

It has been 20 years since I was there. I am sure it has changed a lot.

Comment

Cades Cove is the most visited part of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park

Cades Cove Loop is open to auto, bicycle and foot traffic every
                      day of the year (from sunup to sundown with a few exceptions)

The Cove is best seen via Cades Cove Loop Road, which is a one way
                      paved lane that skirts the bottoms of the forested mountains which surrounds
                      the fields of the valley floor. The Loop Road takes Smokies vacationers on a
                      historical tour of early pioneer farms, fields, roads and trails, leaving the Smokie's
                      visitor with the feeling that they have witnessed something wonderful & wholesome.

http://www.cadescove.net/

Comment

Attractions

Black Bear Jamboree Dinner Show in Pigeon Forge, TN

http://www.blackbearjamboree.com/

Discount Show Tickets

http://www.discountshowtickets.com/buytwo.html

Comment

Fall visit?

How much does this area "close down" in the Sept./Oct. timeframe? I know lots of areas that are very busy in the summer become ghost towns in the fall.

Sue

Comment

October tends to be busier than the summer months - that is the month, along with the first half of November, that the fall leaves are colorful.

Comment

It really is a great place. However, it is one of the worst places for timeshare reps. bothering you every 200 yards baiting you to take a tour for free stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X