Hotel near Seattle Airport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotel near Seattle Airport

Any recommendations on where to stay for one night near the Seattle Airport. We are going in October and will get there late on Saturday, but the rest of our party will not get there till early on Sunday.

I would use Priceline, and don't bid on anything less than 3*. If you bid in the SeaTac airport area you should get a facility with an airport shuttle. Alternatively, use Hotwire, but be a bit careful with a Hotwire 3* rating, because Hotwire is a bit more liberal with it's ratings.

For this type of accommodation, if you know how to use the bidding system at Priceline you should be able to land a quality hotel (such as a Marriott or Doubletree) for about one-half to two-thirds of the lowest price you can find any place. That assumes that you are not unlucky enough to hit a particular day when the hotels expect to be fully booked, but that doesn't happen often.

Visit biddingfortravel.com and betterbidding.com to get more information on using PL and HW intelligently.
    “Maybe you shouldn't dress like that.”

“This is a blouse and skirt. I don't know what you're talking about.”

“You shouldn't wear that body.”

Comment

The Doubletree is one of the closest to the airport with shuttles and a restaurant. Across the street is the Broiler restaurant which is good but just north a block or two is the Thirteen Coins restaurant which is open 24/7 and is high quality and a little pricey.
      Eggs Benedict, Crab benedict, Steaks, pasta and if you sit in the high doubleback chairs at the counter you can watch the cooks at work.
      Piano Bar with all the right liquor.
      The Hampton Inn & La Quinta are ok in the lower priced range.
      Stay away from non brand names.

Comment

Originally posted by tabbyc View Post
        The Doubletree is one of the closest to the airport with shuttles and a restaurant. Across the street is the Broiler restaurant which is good but just north a block or two is the Thirteen Coins restaurant which is open 24/7 and is high quality and a little pricey.
        Eggs Benedict, Crab benedict, Steaks, pasta and if you sit in the high doubleback chairs at the counter you can watch the cooks at work.
        Piano Bar with all the right liquor.
        The Hampton Inn & La Quinta are ok in the lower priced range.
        Stay away from non brand names.
        Embassy Suites in Tukwila would also be a good choice. It's several miles from the airport, thus a bit separated from the airport type of environment. If you have kids there's also a "family entertainment center" a short distance from the Embassy - I'm sure the Embassy would shuttle you to it.

Comment

If you don't find anything through Priceline, the Best Western Airport Executel is not bad either. I stayed there for 1 night in June, the rooms are clean, an excellent continental breakfast is included in the price, plus they have free shuttle service.

Comment

Originally posted by Elli View Post
            If you don't find anything through Priceline, the Best Western Airport Executel is not bad either. I stayed there for 1 night in June, the rooms are clean, an excellent continental breakfast is included in the price, plus they have free shuttle service.
            Between the Best Western Executel and the Embassy Suites Tukwila I would take the Embassy Suites in less than one-half of a heartbeat. Much better overall facility, and a full breakfast included in the price. If there are several people traveling the value of a full breakfast will quickly overcome the differences in price, if any.

Comment

Working...
            X