Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you enter Kells from the alley, turn around and spy the pink door on the opposite side. This is the Pink Door restaurant and has excellent Italian fare. The best cioppino and many say the same about the lasagna.

Also some interesting entertainment
    No one can be exactly like me. Even I have trouble doing it. - T. Bankhead

Comment

Originally posted by bigfrank View Post
      Bill I was finding the menu interesting until I came across the steak and kidney pie. I do not care for lamb and no way I am eating kidney
      Then don't order them.
      Luanne

Comment

Originally posted by bjones9942 View Post
        If you enter Kells from the alley, turn around and spy the pink door on the opposite side. This is the Pink Door restaurant and has excellent Italian fare. The best cioppino and many say the same about the lasagna.

I do not eat seafood but my son does
        Lasagna now are we talking with a bechamel sauce?
        Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

Originally posted by bjones9942 View Post

Tried the Pink Door when I was there visiting my daughter. I must have ordered the wrong thing as I was not terribly impressed. It was good, just not great, which for some reason was what I was expecting.
          Luanne

Comment

Originally posted by bigfrank View Post
            I do not eat seafood but my son does
            Lasagna now are we talking with a bechamel sauce?
            OK Frank. Here you go.

If you want fine Italian, I recommend Il Terrazo Carmine in Pioneer Square. It's been a few years since I've been there; the rest of my family isn't as interested in dining out as I am. But this is a great place. Check the menu on the wed site. This is in Pioneer Square on First Avenue. If you walk to Qwest field you will likely pass within one block of it, if not right past the entrance.

A second choice: Pasta Freska in west Lake Union. This is more Mediterranean than strictly Italian. It's an interesting place - there is no menu. Instead the chef comes out and talks to diners about what they like or don't like, also collecting information on food sensitivities or allergies. Then he goes back to the kitchen and starts preparing food based on what he picked up. Oftentimes the same dish will wind up with two or three different groups. The reviews of this place are generally either glowingly positive or really negative, depending on how people feel about the concept. Again, not something that my family cares for so I haven't been there in awhile. I've liked it a lot. In the past there have been restaurant.com coupons available.

Finally, on third Avenue in Pioneer Square is Salumi Artisan Cured Meats. They sell their own cured meats, and they also have a sandwich counter. Salumi is about three or four blocks from Qwest Field. When I worked in Pioneer Square, Salumi was a regular lunch spot for me.

If you want a steak place my son, who is a steak-aficionado, prefers El Gaucho (in Belltown, very close to your hotel). If you should happen to be interested in El Gaucho check with me. I might be able to find a way to get you a coupon for a free entree.

If you have a red-eye Monday morning at 1 am, it would be very easy to make reservations at Il Terrazo Carmine after the game, have a nice leisurely dinner, then catch the train to the airport about 9 to 10 pm.

BTW - if it's after dark I suggest that you avoid catching the train at the Pioneer Square station. If you're in that area, I suggest you go back toward Qwest Field, and take the stairway on the east side of the north parking lot to the overpass over the Burlington Northern tracks. At the other side of the overpass cross Fourth Avenue (there's a crosswalk there), and continue between the office buildings toward Fifth Avenue. Just past the buildings hang a right and you will be at the International District station.
            “Maybe you shouldn't dress like that.”

“This is a blouse and skirt. I don't know what you're talking about.”

“You shouldn't wear that body.”

Comment

Steve we had done the chef comes to the table once before, I think you know a chef named Mario Batali , He came out and asked what foods we did not like. He then gave us these tiny Cornish hens on grass it was the worst. The game is an afternoon game so I might be hanging out with Family or my friend who plays for Seattle or maybe you
              Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

Another thumbs up for Salumi. My brother in laws uncle is Armindino Batali and owns Salumi. His son is Mario and is my bil's first cousin.

Mario has a bunch of restaurants and is Iron Chef Batali. http://www.mariobatali.com/restaurants.cfm

So no Mario bashing.

Comment

Working...
                X