Timeshare in Seattle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timeshare in Seattle?

Is the Worldmark the only Timeshare in Seattle?

I imagine that it would be tough to sell Timeshares in Seattle because everyone would want the summer 2 months when the sun comes out. Who is going to buy the cold rainy season? I love it there as a place to live...but as a vacation spot, summer is really the only good time to go. If they sold Floaters.....what a risk it would be to get a summer week with 52 owners trying for the same 10 weeks.

The Worldmark Camlin is the only timeshare that I know of that is in Seattle itself.

There are some others in the general vicinity - on the west side of Puget Sound and near the US-Canada border.
    “Maybe you shouldn't dress like that.”

“This is a blouse and skirt. I don't know what you're talking about.”

“You shouldn't wear that body.”

Comment

Yup.. The Camlin is not to far from many downtown attractions but is up on the hill a bit. So walking away is easier than walking back. Parking is expencive. I think it was about $25 - $30 per day.

Comment

Originally posted by easyrider
        Yup.. The Camlin is not to far from many downtown attractions but is up on the hill a bit. So walking away is easier than walking back. Parking is expencive. I think it was about $25 - $30 per day.
        Camlin is in the Denny Regrade area, which is pretty flat. There aren't any significant hills between the Camlin and most of the downtown area. The Camlin is pretty close to the Convention Center bus tunnel station and is in teh downtown ride-free zone.

Areas near the waterfront and Lake Union are lower, and there can be a climb getting back up the general elevation of downtown. Also, the downtown area generally slopes downhill to the south and west, and there are some steeper hills in that area, particularly on the streets the run perpendicular to the waterfront.

Coming from Pike Place Market to Camlin, there's a small hill in the first block. But the grades are pretty small after you reach Second Ave.

Comment

Is the Camlin considered to be on the lower portion of Capitol Hill ?

Comment

Originally posted by easyrider View Post
            Is the Camlin considered to be on the lower portion of Capitol Hill ?
            No. It's in the Denny Regrade, where Denny Hill used to be 100 years ago. Capitol Hill is pretty much entirely east of I-5.

I've walked that area on various occasions when I've been at the convention center of had other business in the area. I can assure that there aren't any serious hills between the Camlin and downtown. The Pike Place Market is a straight shot down Pine Street, and that a pretty steady and gentle downhill slope until you reach 1st Ave. Here's a link to Google street view for Pine Avenue at Ninth, looking toward the Market.

Comment

Nice map. I remember walking from Kells over by Pikes Street Market to the Wild Ginger then back to the Camlin. I thought this was uphill but maybi not.

Comment

Nice map. I remember walking from Kells over by Pikes Street Market to the Wild Ginger then back to the Camlin. I thought this was uphill but maybi not.
                If you left the Market on Union then went up Union to 3rd, there would be a hill in that couple of blocks as you gain elevation back up to downtown. That route starts at the south end of the market, which is lower elevation than the Pike/Pine area of the market. Wild Ginget to the Camlin is pretty flat though.

Overall on Pine Street between the Camlin and First Avenue, there 's a change in elevation of about 40 feet over about one-half mile.

Comment

My friend now plays for the Seahawks, Is there a TS near the football stadium. I also have family living there that I have not seen in over 30 years, Seattle is on my bucket list besides I want to buy Steve a drink and smoke a Cigar with him.
                  Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

The Worldmark Camlin is about it.
                    https://www.worldmarktheclub.com/resorts/st/

One of the hotels we really like is the Inn at the Market. Its across the street from Pike Street Market and close to my favorite Irish Bar called Kells.

Downtown Seattle Hotels - Luxury Downtown Seattle Hotel - Inn At The Market Hotel

Kells Irish Restaurant & Pub - Portland, Seattle & San Francisco

Kells has a fancy bottle of Holy Water on the top shelf. I asked what the heck kind of drink uses Holy Water. None. The Holy Water is used to keep the ghosts out or at bay. The old building that Kells is located in was used to store dead bodies back in the old Seattle days. Kells often has live music.

Comment

The Worldmark Camlin is about it.
                      https://www.worldmarktheclub.com/resorts/st/

One of the hotels we really like is the Inn at the Market. Its across the street from Pike Street Market and close to my favorite Irish Bar called Kells.

Downtown Seattle Hotels - Luxury Downtown Seattle Hotel - Inn At The Market Hotel

Kells Irish Restaurant & Pub - Portland, Seattle & San Francisco

Kells has a fancy bottle of Holy Water on the top shelf. I asked what the heck kind of drink uses Holy Water. None. The Holy Water is used to keep the ghosts out or at bay. The old building that Kells is located in was used to store dead bodies back in the old Seattle days. Kells often has live music.
                      I just got back from a few days in Seattle. We stated at the Inn at Harbor Steps. Liked it very much. Much less expensive than the Inn at the Market and only about a block away from Pike Street Market.

Inn at Harbor Steps, Located in the Heart of Seattle Near Pike Place Market
                      Luanne

Comment

You know if there are only 1 TS there then that might be a hard trade so if you need to go to Seattle and can not get a TS use Priceline just check what winning bids and areas to bid on are on BiddingForTravel.com - The informed Priceline Travel Bidding Forum

Comment

Originally posted by bigfrank View Post
                          You know if there are only 1 TS there then that might be a hard trade so if you need to go to Seattle and can not get a TS use Priceline just check what winning bids and areas to bid on are on BiddingForTravel.com - The informed Priceline Travel Bidding Forum
                          I was thinking of using Priceline, but I was reading somewhere (and I don't remember where) that there were folks upset at how they'd drawn the lines and felt there were hotels being given out that weren't in the areas people wanted. It was suggested to use Hotwire instead.
                          Luanne

Comment

Originally posted by Luanne
                            I was thinking of using Priceline, but I was reading somewhere (and I don't remember where) that there were folks upset at how they'd drawn the lines and felt there were hotels being given out that weren't in the areas people wanted. It was suggested to use Hotwire instead.
                            If you do not know how to bid on the area you want then you can end up in the wrong area. Priceline will always get you a better price than Hotwire

Comment

Originally posted by bigfrank
                              If you do not know how to bid on the area you want then you can end up in the wrong area. Priceline will always get you a better price than Hotwire
                              Frank, what I'm referring to were comments made on the Priceline/Hotwire Hotel forum:

Just thought I'd post a warning to those thinking of bidding on a 4* for downtown Seattle.

One of the hotels, Sorrento, is located in an area that should not be considered downtown (Northeast of hwy 5). I believe it's been promoted to a 4* recently via Priceline and others have said they do not consider it's location "downtown". You will have to take a cab/bus to actually enjoy the downtown from this location. I've also noticed some members posting wins for the Westin and being placed in the non-renovated rooms. For me, this seals the deal to not use Priceline for our upcomming vacation plans in Seattle. I didn't want others to mistakenly think they were downtown when they actually are not when bidding on a 4-star. Good luck to those still looking for a 4-star in downtown Seattle!
                              ----

P.S. I do know how to bid on the areas I want. I didn't use Priceline, or Hotwire on this last trip because I needed something I could cancel the last minute if need be.
                              Luanne

Comment

Working...
                              X