Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heading to Manhattan Club Penthouse Suites today. I found this website which seems like a good way to find restaurants in a specific area.

NYC Restaurants, NYC menus, ratings, reviews, New York City Restaurants Guide
    "A man that doesn't spend time with his family, can never be a real man" The Godfather

Comment

Originally posted by GrayFal View Post
      Better then what?
      Better than having links piecemiel all over the site. Shouldn't they all be in one place? The Links Directory is the logical place for that. This is such a good compilation, New York should be its own category.

Comment

Originally posted by Carolinian View Post
        Better than having links piecemiel all over the site. Shouldn't they all be in one place? The Links Directory is the logical place for that. This is such a good compilation, New York should be its own category.
        Steve IMO I think the small area links can stay where they are, most people will not know to look in the Dir for that, Big areas like NY, NOLA, Vegas and California can stay in there own forum.
        Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

New York City: A new way to catch a play for cheap - This Just In - Budget Travel

Cities on Sale: New York City
          - Budget Travel
          Pat
          *** My Website ***

Comment

Thanks for the links.. I'll be at Manhattan Club for the 4th of July week- so these are coming in pretty handy..
            my travel website: Vacation-Times.org.

"A vacation is what you take when you can no longer take what you’ve been taking."
            ~Earl Wilson

Comment

Originally posted by rikkis_playpen
              Thanks for the links.. I'll be at Manhattan Club for the 4th of July week- so these are coming in pretty handy..
              Great fireworks on the East River for the 4th! Here's an article from last year about various vantage points, of which I think the nicest might be the Brooklyn Heights promenade.... from which you get not only the fireworks, but a view of the city lit up at night.... it's all a mob scene, though

Finding perch to watch fireworks

Comment

Thanks For Your Help!

Thanks for your help.

I would like to thank Pat (GrayFa) for putting the Links pages together. It is Awesome!!!

The information posted on the links page has saved me a lot of time.

I really should have looked at the "Sticky" in this Forum first. I will make a point to go to the "Sticky" first for my vacations to a new place.

Walt

Comment

Have you gone to Lower Manhattan to see Federal Hall? That was the nations 1st Capitol where GW was sworn in. Trinity Church? In the graveyard you can visit Alexander Hamilton's Grave.

Take a look at this website for some real nyc forgotten facts and places Forgotten NY

Take the 7 train out to Queens. There is the Queens Museum. You will see a full scale model of the City. Originally it was part of the 64 Worlds fair. Has been updated over the years to reflect the changing landscape. http://www.queensmuseum.org/exhibitions/visitpanorama

Take the 7 train to Main St to see one of NYC's other Chinatown in Flushing.
                  Flying at MACH4 +

Comment

Theater tickets, info, reviews, (and discounts)

Playbill: Broadway, Off-Broadway, London News, Listings and Tickets

BroadwayBox.com: free Broadway shows Discount codes for broadway theater tickets

Announcing LunchTix.com
                    Sign up for their emails. Half price or more off for Broadway shows. Offers will be made public at 8am, and will only be available until 3pm that day (at the end of lunch).

Another great place to visit for jazz fans (not sure if you'd put this under museums or tours).
                    Louis Armstrong House Museum
                    My timeshare photos

Diamond Head from Mai Tai Bar at the Royal Hawaiian Hotel, Waikiki

Comment

http://www.timeshareforums.com/forum...itors-pls.html

Recent thread about restaurant/coffee house recommendations in NYC....
                      Pat
                      *** My Website ***

Comment

Ever want to visit where famous people lived in NYC

RIGHT HERE NYC

This is great. Who knew?
                        Flying at MACH4 +

Comment

NYC Bars on the Water

Happiness Ahoy: Top 10 Manhattan Bars on the Water - Shecky's Nightlife Hot Lists

The Frying Pan (Chelsea)
                          Traditional day drinking, ho! Buckets of beer, fried food and a gorgeous view of the Jersey skyline beckon seafaring souls to this party on the water, aboard an actual boat (salvaged from the deep-blue Hudson, at that!). This retired lightship has found new adventures docked on 26th St., where it’s now doused with spills and splashes from the Coronas of rowdy youngins’ instead of crashes from Atlantic waves. Either way, dress to get wet and relive some college debauchery aboard this rowdy two-tiered vessel.
                          Pier 66 (W. 26th St. & 12th Ave.) Chelsea, 212.989.6363

The West 79th St. Boat Basin Cafe (Upper West Side)
                          Booze? Check! Food? Check! Water? Check! Boat Basin Cafe has all three essentials for a great summer afternoon and the evening to follow. Choose from a selection of beers, mixed drinks, or, better yet, frozen delights like margaritas and daiquiris (which prove best for mitigating those awesomely unrelenting rays of sun). And when that sunshine gives way to moonlight, you’ll have perfect seats to settle in and watch that glorious sunset.
                          390 W. 79th St (@ The Hudson River) Upper West Side, 212.496.5542

Pier i Cafe (Upper West Side)
                          The sandy beaches of Southern Spain are within reach at Pier i, where you, too, can revel in fine white wine sangria and take in a shimmering waterside view. They’ve got American drinkers covered, too, with tons of refreshing beers and a hefty food selection that includes everything from a $3 hot dog to a $19 lobster roll. Though the gustatory delights may be classy, the scene here is anything but snobby—it gets crowded and rowdy, so let your finest duds stick to shore and dress to impress (and possibly get wet)!
                          Pier i (@ W. 70th St. & The Hudson River) Upper West Side, no phone

Hudson River Cafe (Harlem)
                          This is one place worth a early-bird weekend wake-up...meaning before 2pm, of course! If you can roll your hungover self out of bed and get to Hudson River Cafe before then, you can snag a $21 brunch with unlimited mimosas (uh-oh!). Six or 12 of those bad boys should be able to banish your headache and prepare you for the stylings of the live jazz band that performs on weekend afternoons. Be careful getting too happy on the hair of the dog, though—unlike many of its on-the-water brothers, its decor and ambiance are elegant and classy, so avoid low-brow moves like spilling your drink to jump up and show off your lindy-hop.
                          297 W. 133rd St. (@ 12th Ave.) Harlem, 212.491.9111

The Water Club (Midtown East)
                          This refined waterfront bar features high-brow sights like casual cigars a-smokin’, spiked lemonades a-brewin’ and boats a-cruisin’ by. This place won’t get rowdy like your standard bar on the water, so bring your A-game and (for optimal soaking of summer sun) head to the Water Club’s outdoor bar, The Crow’s Nest. To avoid a monster bill from their $12-$14 cocktails, opt for a pitcher of sangria or a six-bottle bucket of beer ($35) and share with your friends. If the upscale eats and high-brow ambiance doesn’t keep you coming back, the unrivaled view of the Queensboro Bridge and the Empire State Building will probably do the trick.
                          500 E. 30th St. (29th and 32nd Sts, cannot be reached via 30th), Midtown East, 212.683.3333

Beekman Beer Garden Beach Club (South Street Seaport)
                          Formerly known as Water Taxi Beach, this new Seaport beer garden has opened just in time for prime sunbathing months. But there’s no laying around at this fun-filled bar—it’s fully equipped with all of your old-school table-game needs! Work up your thirst by playing ping-pong or foosball, then park on one of their plastic light-up couches to guzzle down some hydrating (read: de-hydrating) booze. Yes, Beekman Beach Club has revamped its look and added to Water Taxi’s menu, but unfortunately the drink prices (and the tourist crowd) have stayed the same. But hey—just bring a camera to document your party fouls and you’ll fit right in!
                          Pier 17 (North & Beekman Sts.) South Street Seaport, 212.896.4600

Chelsea Brewing Company (Chelsea)
                          On a brew-tiful afternoon when you’re craving nothing but barley-hops to accompany your waterside view, Chelsea Brewing Company has just what you’re looking for. Sure, they serve wine (and liquor...and food...), but the real draw is their seasonally rotating taps ($6) and elevated waterfront deck (yes, that’s the Hudson lapping beneath your feet!). Your afternoon here is sure to be leisurely (read: their staff is not known for their cheetah-like swiftness), but for a lazy day-beer with buddies, you can’t go wrong with a pitcher of Sunset Red Ale ($18) to complment (you guessed it!) the actual sunset.
                          59 Chelsea Piers (@ 18th St.) Chelsea, 212.336.6440

Riverpark (Midtown East)
                          After stumbling through a mess of hospitals and highways to find this place, you’ll be relieved to find that Riverpark couldn’t be more different than its surroundings. With stunning views of the East River and Tom Colicchio at your service, how could things go amiss? Down whatever booze you choose (cocktails, beer or wine, $5-$14) from their extensive drink menu to loosen up before you start chowing down (if you choose to eat at all—the drinks alone may more than satisfy you). On chillier evenings, you can booze indoors or grab a seat on the terrace where, even in the late-summer breeze, heat lamps will keep you nice and toasted (if the cocktails haven’t already, that is!).
                          450 E. 29th St (@ E. 26th St.) Midtown East, 212.729.9790

Battery Gardens (Battery Park)
                          Don’t let the pristine, all-white interior of this venue fool you—Battery Gardens knows how to get down! Their outdoor beer garden is particularly ripe for boozing—with $4 pints and $15 pitchers, you can actually afford to throw your head back and guzzle down bunches of brews. For eats, the outdoor bar menu has casual options ($3-$10) or (if you promise not to track in any dirt!) you can come inside for some more upscale fare ($9-$75), including just-for-summer $35 three-course prix fixe menu that will fill you up without breaking the bank.
                          17 State St. (in Battery Park) Battery Park, 212.809.5508

Cabana (South Street Seaport)
                          Care to add a little foreign flavor to your waterside rendez-vous? Enjoy the view from above at this Latin-themed resto, where the food leaves your tummy satisfied and the drinks ($5-$8) are served a-plenty. Feast on classic empanadas and guzzle down frozen daquiris and mojitos to your heart's (or liver's) content. Although this cozy spot may attract the tourists, it's the perfect time to act like one yourself and check out the other delights that the Seaport has to offer (after drinks, of course).
                          89 South St. (@ Fulton St.) South Street Seaport, 212.406.1155
                          -Amanda Mactas

Comment

NYC street fair calendar

http://socialeyesnyc.com/manhattan/

Comment

2012 - Hurricane Sandy - NYC

The Official New York City Web site

http://www.nyc.gov/html/index.html

Comment

https://www.goldstar.com/join?p=F752897RP

Goldstar - sign up for the New York City area to get great deals - I just purchased my Radio City Music Hall Christmas Show tickets and the Big Apple Circus.

http://www.911memorial.org

9/11 Memorial - no cost but must request tickets.
                                Pat
                                *** My Website ***

Comment

Working...
                                X