Anybody been to Oak % Spruce lately ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody been to Oak % Spruce lately ?

I'm looking for information on the resort for a possible exchange.

Seems to have halfway decent reviews on Trip Advisor. You can always ask on there as well.

Comment

I am very familiar.... what would you like to know?

Comment

Which are the newer units and what do they have for laundry facilities ?

Comment

There are some beautiful units across the highway which have washer dryer, but the majority of units do not and have a laundromat to lug clothes to

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

The 3 bedroom units I have stayed in have had washer/dryers. I have never stayed in a 2 bedroom that had them.

Comment

Thanks, Glitter.

Comment

we stayed in a two bedroom with washer and dryer and two king beds,

Comment

Originally posted by rapmarks View Post
                  we stayed in a two bedroom with washer and dryer and two king beds,
                  That must have been a "presidential" two bedroom. I have only heard fairy tales about those

Comment

Thanks Rapmarks, didn't even see your post yesterday. I'm a little confused about the "across the highway". I've driven by the resort entrance dozens of times and can't picture a highway there.

Comment

I've been in the Presidential units there. They're on the other side of the road, the big white buildings as opposed to the smaller rustic-style buildings on the same side of the road as the main check-in building.

Comment

Tony, I think Rapmarks means the main resort road that runs from Route 102 into the resort, the buildings across from the main rec building/checkin. There are white buildings behind the first row of buildings - the first row are the "Lodge" units, perfectly fine imo. Behind those are the Presidential units. Silverleaf used to reserve those primarily for owners, but there have been a few exchanges that we know of. I stayed in a two bedroom presidential unit once but I honestly don't remember if there was laundry in the unit. Not sure what Holiday Inn is doing with them now that ownership has changed. The least appealing units at the resort, to me, are the townhouse units. They are the oldest units but have been reasonably upgraded.

Comment

Originally posted by Glitter Brunello View Post
                          Tony, I think Rapmarks means the main resort road that runs from Route 102 into the resort, the buildings across from the main rec building/checkin. There are white buildings behind the first row of buildings - the first row are the "Lodge" units, perfectly fine imo. Behind those are the Presidential units. Silverleaf used to reserve those primarily for owners, but there have been a few exchanges that we know of. I stayed in a two bedroom presidential unit once but I honestly don't remember if there was laundry in the unit. Not sure what Holiday Inn is doing with them now that ownership has changed. The least appealing units at the resort, to me, are the townhouse units. They are the oldest units but have been reasonably upgraded.
                          those must be the ones I meant. we had basically two master bedrooms, but our bathroom was really nice with a whirlpoool tub and a walk in shower and a washer and dryer. we were way in the back on the other side of the major road.

Comment

Originally posted by rapmarks View Post
                            those must be the ones I meant. we had basically two master bedrooms, but our bathroom was really nice with a whirlpoool tub and a walk in shower and a washer and dryer. we were way in the back on the other side of the major road.
                            Yes that's a Presidential Unit.

Comment

The units across the street from check-in have washer/dryers in two bedroom units. Someone has the master plan on them, when they check-in. I know they are 6/6 and I want to say Sunday check-ins?

ETA: What Glitter said about who knows what Holiday Inn is doing. FWIW there are very few 2BDRM 6/6 units and extremely few of those with Sunday check-in (again I could be misremembering that)
                              lawren2
                              Malibu Beach Barbie & A Super Moderator
                              Last edited by lawren2; 12-21-2016, 05:02 PM.
                              Lawren
                              ------------------------
                              There are many wonderful places in the world, but one of my favourite places is on the back of my horse.
                              - Rolf Kopfle

Comment

Working...
                              X