Wastegate Branson Being Picketed!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wastegate Branson Being Picketed!!!!

A young man at work asked me what I know about Westgate, since I seem to know about stuff like that. He did not know what it is at all.

He said there have been people picketing, carrying anti-Westgate signs at Shepherd of the Hills Expressway, down from Westgate Branson Woods, formerly Grandvista Cedar Ridge.

That's about all I should say.
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Couldn't happen to a nicer developer.

Comment

Really

I would love to know what the deal is here. Do the Westgate Timeshares in Branson have a home owners association? Is there any way they could be of assistance? As an owner I find I really know nothing about the bit I own, nor do I know how to find out more.

Comment

Sure they have associations, since they have been around quite awhile, not that associations mean anything in the Wastegate world.
        RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Sounds like you know

Sounds like you know. Do you have neighbors or friends who "wasted" their money at Westgate? What do you mean besdies the high pressure pitch?

Do they even place people into their condo's? We have noticed so few cars there but they admit very few opennings. What is the grievance?

If Westgate lays everybody off and goes broke, what are our rights?

Comment

Branson is a small town with small town values. Westgate is a strong arm corporation that plays by it's own rules, attempting to crush anyone that gets in their way. You don't do business in Branson without playing ball with those in charge. Sounds like Westgate has stepped on some of the wrong sets of toes to me and the welcome mat has been removed.
            Our timeshare and other photo's at http://dougp26364.smugmug.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Justjean
              Sounds like you know. Do you have neighbors or friends who "wasted" their money at Westgate? What do you mean besdies the high pressure pitch?
              Sorry I missed this.

I assume you can google like anyone else? There is enough Wastegate stuff just here and OY to keep you busy for a few days.

You will see that it is not just one thing . . . it is all things . . . their way of doing business.

There are some other similarly abrasive property sales companies, not timeshare, here in the Branson area, and they are stuggling in these leans times, too.

You reap what you sow . . . Time is the best friend of the truth . . . etc.

Comment

Just heard a story this morning about a couple that is picketing a timeshare entity in Branson (unnamed). It's a husband and wife that was not happy about 'failed promises' on their purchase and called into the local talk radio station to discuss the story. They have been picketing every weekend. Evidently, they had a meeting this past week with a manager from Florida and still are not happy.

And then I remembered reading this story, and now I'm wondering if they are related. It will be interesting to know if they are successful, but doubt we'll ever find out.

Comment

Co-incidentally, I was watching an old movie called "Brute Force" starring Burt Lancaster earlier this week and it was set in a prison called "Westgate Penitentiary".

Comment

Ok, just listening to the local talk radio this morning and heard a lady call in and mention that they are still picketing in Branson. I have no idea if this is about Westgate or not. The radio station probably has a policy against mentioning the company name.

Anyway, they were picketing again this past week, and she mentioned that the saga is still ongoing and this time evidently someone rode up to them in a big black car and a man with cowboy hat talked to them a bit and told them that they sure are causing a lot of trouble and asked them to stop. The caller notified the police and later found out that the guy in the black are was from management in Florida and I think said his name was Rodriguez.

She said they would be back out there on Monday afternoon.

I still wonder if this is the same situation that JLB brought out in the original post. I am kind of interested to see if this tactic eventually works...

Comment

Mysterious stranger in a big black car . . . & people wonder why folks don't like Wastegate.

Like has been said . . . those are not Branson-friendly tactics.

Here you should employ a local toothless gentleman in a beatup pickup sans gunrack.

Comment

Branson must be a nice town because if this picketing was going on in my hometown of Miami there would be a riot. Then the black car would do a drive-by and it would be on the news.

Comment

Just heard a call to the Springfield radio station, and the caller has confirmed that she and her husband are picketing Westgate. So, it is Westgate for sure. She must call in every week. First time I've heard the company name, and she was reading a T-Shirt design they're wearing... something about Westgate and beware of false promises...

They're heading back out today and Monday again. She mentioned that they've talked to a lot of people and received several threats, but they're still going strong.

I have no idea where they are doing the picketing, Westgate Woods is a gated area. Can you imagine the corporate discussion about this group? They've got to be costing them.

Comment

DW says they are on Shepherd of the Hills.

Comment

It's funny how things play out.

nuff said

Comment

Working...
                              X