This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Splitrock resort knowing what area you want

There are many parts of Splitrock. The newest and nicest units are Willow brook. The bathroom is huge and the units have a small porch. But you are away from the main resort and you need to drive to get back to the main resort.
    Westwood Villas are rustic and huge and are across the street and with in walking distance to the main building.
    You will see dear in either one of these area that you take.

The Galleria is the main building and is where I try to get when going for Cigar fest since every thing is there. The bad things about the units are that the water has a rust taste and the units are much smaller than the rest. The Furniture needs an up date. If you have kids take the Galleria just for the convince.

The main complex has every thing you can think of from a Bowling alley, game room, Movie theater, in door pool, work out room, Spa, Hair stylist , Dining room, Bar Lounge , Basket ball courts , Tennis Courts and much more.

new Youtube videos

Here is the Willowbrook 1 bedroom unit.

YouTube - Spliltrock Resort Willowbrook unit in the Poconos PA

here is the new water park

YouTube - Spliltrock resort Water park Construction in May 2008

Camel beach area

YouTube - Spliltrock resort Camel Beach area , Poconos PA in May 2008

Older videos

Bowling alley and game room
    YouTube - Splitrock resort Galleria Bowling alley and game room

Galleria 2 bedroom unit
    YouTube - Splitrock resort Galleria 2 bedroom lockout unit 2560/61
    Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Frank, does the resort have a shuttle to take you to the main building? Shawnee has one.

Comment

Originally posted by wackymother
      Frank, does the resort have a shuttle to take you to the main building? Shawnee has one.
      I don't know, I stayed in the Galleria. I did see some vans but am unsure if they bus you around.

Comment

Wacky Mother, This property isn't as big as shawnee. This is one of my favorite properties near the Poconos. Many folks with children prefer to be in themain building during the winter so the kids don't have tobeinside to enjoy the amenites.

The location is perfect.near stateparks good restaurants.

Comment

We stayed there years ago and from what I remember it was rather spread out. We had one of the units that was more like a townhouse. I still remember the sauna room and the HUGE whirlpool tub...it was almost big enough to swim in.

Funny, had never thought about going back, until now.

Joy
          “ Peace, if it ever exists, will not be based on the fear of war but on the love of peace. ”

— Herman Wouk

Comment

Originally posted by buff
            Wacky Mother, This property isn't as big as shawnee.
            I would not be so sure about which is bigger now, with all the add ons this resort is maybe even bigger than Shawnee and it is growing , There are 5 Willow brook buildings up and another 18 to go.

The new water park is huge and should be done by Sept of this year. I do not think they will make Sept but that is what I was told. They put it up next to the Galleria indoor pool. So you can go from one place to the other.

Comment

I was there years ago and even then I thought the townhouses were pretty darned far from the main building....

Comment

You guys are right I've been in Florida almost 4 yrs. The place must be huge. I still think its better than Shawnee

Comment

I still think its better than Shawnee
                  I don't know if it's better or not, I was just asking if they had a shuttle.

Comment

You guys are right I've been in Florida almost 4 yrs. The place must be huge. I still think its better than Shawnee
                    Originally posted by wackymother View Post
                    I don't know if it's better or not, I was just asking if they had a shuttle.

IMO Splitrock blew away Shawnee years ago, Now it is not even close Splitrock wins hands down. Not saying Shawnee is not nice but there are many old sections there and they do not have the Amenities that Splitrock has which in a few months will include a brand new indoor water park with huge slides. I will post some pics when I get a chance.
                    Some things people do not know is Knoebels Amusement Resort Which has to be one of the last of the great old amusement parks, You can still pay a dime for a ride. Also Jim Thorpe is another town close by that you can spend a full day. If you should go be sure to go to the old jail there where the hand print is still there.

Oh and BTW Splitrock now owns Mount Laural and from what I heard they closed down and it is fully revamped.

Comment

Really? The reviews of Mountain Laurel are still pretty bad. A friend went there last year and said it wasn't great.

I would be happy to go to Split Rock over Shawnee, except the only Split Rock units I ever see in RCI are Galleria. Willowbrook is exclusively II and I think Westwood is mostly II if not only II.

Comment

Originally posted by bigfrank View Post
                        There are many parts of Splitrock. The newest and nicest units are Willow brook. The bathroom is huge and the units have a small porch. But you are away from the main resort and you need to drive to get back to the main resort.
                        Westwood Villas are rustic and huge and are across the street and with in walking distance to the main building.
                        You will see dear in either one of these area that you take.

The Galleria is the main building and is where I try to get when going for Cigar fest since every thing is there. The bad things about the units are that the water has a rust taste and the units are much smaller than the rest. The Furniture needs an up date. If you have kids take the Galleria just for the convince.

The main complex has every thing you can think of from a Bowling alley, game room, Movie theater, in door pool, work out room, Spa, Hair stylist , Dining room, Bar Lounge , Basket ball courts , Tennis Courts and much more.

Frank,

Thanks for the review. Just in time. I will be visiting Splitrock (Willowbrook) in early June. I did not realize this but the NASCAR Pocono 500 will be there the weekend of our stay. I am psyched! Never been to a NASCAR event, and from what I understand the track is not too far away.
                        Flying at MACH4 +

Comment

Originally posted by wackymother View Post
                          Really? The reviews of Mountain Laurel are still pretty bad. A friend went there last year and said it wasn't great.

I am going by what the MGR told me so do not hold me to it. I was told they closed down and redid the entire resort.

Originally posted by billymach4 View Post
                          Frank,

Thanks for the review. Just in time. I will be visiting Splitrock (Willowbrook) in early June. I did not realize this but the NASCAR Pocono 500 will be there the weekend of our stay. I am psyched! Never been to a NASCAR event, and from what I understand the track is not too far away.

I have a ton of Restaurant recommendations. First off do not eat at split rock even if the AI is only $50 PP per day.

I have been going there for years and My favs are.

Miss Piggy's every day for Breakfast. Hands down the Best French toast you ever had or I am paying the bill. YOU have to order the sampler with both the Glazed and the Crunchy Granola French toast. Tell them I sent you from the travel website she might treat you better and give you Mini Blueberry muffins.

If you want to change one day go across the street to Terra Cotta and try there Stuffed French toast with Blue berry or Strawberry cream cheese. There are 10% discounts in local papers or just ask the front desk for a 10% off card that they sign.

Diner

Louie's Steak house and order the aged 24 oz T bone for $37, YOU will not forget it. They have Chicken Ginger Dumplings in broth which were great but only came with 4 to an order.

Shenanigans for RIBS WOW These babies were great.

I went to Nicks lake house and had a great lake view. My Salad was good Bread was stale. I ordered a Ribs and Steak Combo with Sweet Potato's. The steak was real tender and fairly large for the $26 diner that came with the salad. The ribs were OK not half as good as Shenanigan's.

All these places are off the property and are by the lake. They are pretty much next to each other but Louie's is a block further,

BTW you will have to pay a $.25 cent toll to get back to Splitrock, Toll booth hours are till 12 on the weekends and 9pm Monday to Thursday,

Also the hostess that works in Louies is also a Bartender in Shenanigans. She is dieing for a Canoli form NY. Billy can you bring her one from Fortunatas. Right now Rachel works Louies on Sunday then Shenanigans on Monday and I think she said Wednesday as well.

Comment

Frank ,

Great review and info. Sitting down with family now and doing some last minute planning. Do you have any other tips, and tricks for the Poconos?
                            Flying at MACH4 +

Comment

Originally posted by billymach4
                              Frank ,

Great review and info. Sitting down with family now and doing some last minute planning. Do you have any other tips, and tricks for the Poconos?
                              You can call me next week if you like but I think I pretty much covered that area. Oh wait if you have kids go an hour away to Knoebels Amusement Resort best park ever get there early so you can do it all. I also enjoyed the town of Jim Thorpe with is about 45 min away, Do not miss the old jail there.

Comment

Working...
                              X