Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going to Massanuttun July 29th for a week.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to Massanuttun July 29th for a week.

OMG , what have I got myself into?? lol. I've never seen a place charge to blink. Geez , plus now starting July 29th they are charging a 10 fee for a 1 br & 20 for a 2br a day !! Now that being said may I have some suggestions of places to eat and things to do in the area. I will be on my mobility scooter.

If by chance you are there during this time and want to meet up, just let me know.

If I do the tour I bet they wished they never hounded me to go. LOL

Enjoy - please let us know all about it when you return. I was there many years ago (maybe 15). I don't remember where we ate but we did enjoy Luray Caverns. I'm not sure if you can go in with a scooter.
    Jacki

Comment

I think it's 10 for 2 bed and 20 for 4 bed. Please let us know. Think it is nasty of them charging this to people that already have reservations. When we lived in VA, that and Williamsburg was our go to place for a quick get away.

Comment

We are reconsidering our annual winter trip to Massanutten because of these fees. (15-20 units booked via RCI Extra Vacations.)

I haven't confirmed personally, but I've heard fees are as low as $54/week (I'm guessing for a 1bdrm.) So seems like the per night fee is actually lower on a full week stay. Please let us know how that turns out.
        Juanita

Comment

Originally posted by Nancy View Post
          I think it's 10 for 2 bed and 20 for 4 bed. Please let us know. Think it is nasty of them charging this to people that already have reservations. When we lived in VA, that and Williamsburg was our go to place for a quick get away.
          I think it is $10 for the lock off portion- be it 2 BR or 1 BR and $20 for the full unit be it 2, 3 or 4 bedrooms. The per day price only comes in if you are not staying the full week. You get a little discount for the full week. The lock off or partial unit would be $54 for a week and the entire unit (both sides of the lock off) would be $108 for the week.

Comment

I don't think Luray is handicapped accessible , That's what bugs me. I can't do what I use to do so easily. But, oh well I'll make the best of it.

Comment

When I called about the unexpected charge she asked if I'd like a call back from the manager. He said there was nothing he could do , not even giving me a discount on restaurants, anything. He would thou note my thoughts and will bring it up at the owners meeting. Asked if the owners have to pay it and he said it's in their mf's but next year they will have to pay it. I pity the fool who gets me in the ts sales pitch.

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy View Post
                I don't think Luray is handicapped accessible , That's what bugs me. I can't do what I use to do so easily. But, oh well I'll make the best of it.
                From what I remember, no, it would not be accessible. You might be able to get to the first "room," but then after that, it would be difficult. Here's a discussion of that: https://www.tripadvisor.com/FAQ_Answ...ccessible.html

Comment

All the Vacation Village resorts are charging this fee.
                  I guess they are trying to make up for the cheap RCI rentals.
                  These resorts go super cheap in RCI.
                  I own at a Vacation Village and they charge owners too.
                  Used to go to Weston cheap and it was only $15 for the week
                  but I wonder if it's gone up since I last stayed.
                  I'm sure it has.
                  Sucks that they are ruining TS exchanges with these BS fees.

Comment

If I do the tour I bet they wished they never hounded me to go. LOL
                    I pity the fool who gets me in the ts sales pitch.
                    Why do you even discuss this, the incentives cannot be worth the aggravation.
                    ... not enough time for all the timeshares ®

Comment

Originally posted by Spence View Post
                      Actually Vacation Village can pay up to $200 to do the tour.

Comment

Originally posted by Spence View Post
                        Because I want to aggravate the salesman. I would hate to be a ts salesman right now , with all the fees and the nickel and dining to death.

Comment

Because I want to aggravate the salesman. I would hate to be a ts salesman right now , with all the fees and the nickel and dining to death.
                          Actually gold card owners (retail owners) do not have to pay this new fee and have other discounts. Sales will spin this as a positive for owners. Sales really doesn't care that exchangers are being nickled and dimed.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyHoover View Post
                            Actually gold card owners (retail owners) do not have to pay this new fee and have other discounts. Sales will spin this as a positive for owners. Sales really doesn't care that exchangers are being nickled and dimed.
                            Sally , sorry to tell you this but they told me that owners will have to start paying it next year. Hope they told me wrong. Would you like me to check after I get there???

Comment

Sally , sorry to tell you this but they told me that owners will have to start paying it next year. Hope they told me wrong. Would you like me to check after I get there???
                              I have heard that. Hope it isn't true. I don't think it is in stone yet. If it were they would be announcing it in the newsletters. I am hoping they learned that springing those kind of fees without notice with all the complaints from the RCI exchangers this month.

Comment

Working...
                              X