Explosion Damages Eight Timeshare Units at the Villas at Tree Tops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Explosion Damages Eight Timeshare Units at the Villas at Tree Tops

Firefighters were called early Wednesday morning to a fire and explosion that affected eight timeshare units at The Villas at Tree Tops and Fairway in Bushkill. The cause of the fire is under investigation by a state police fire marshal. When Bushkill Fire Company arrived about 5 a.m., one villa was completely leveled and debris from that villa had been blown in every direction, Bushkill Fire Chief Alex DiPaolo said. The pattern of debris causes authorities to suspect an explosion.

The fire had spread to surrounding villas when firefighters arrived, and the strong wind added to the fire's intensity, DiPaolo said. Four units were destroyed and four were heavily damaged by water and smoke. The intense heat also caused siding to melt on some of the surrounding villas.

No one was staying in the villa that was leveled, and no one was injured in the fire, said Treetops spokeswoman Gina Bertucci. Any affected guests have been moved and the resort is fully operational. There are 650 units on the sprawling property. Because the damaged occurred at the rear of the property, it is not visible from the road.

my travel website: Vacation-Times.org.

"A vacation is what you take when you can no longer take what you’ve been taking."
    ~Earl Wilson

OMG. This sounds terrible. Thank goodness no one was hurt!

Comment

That is one way to get those units updated. fire sounds a bit fishy since there was no one there. I know some of those units needed a lot of help
      Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

We stayed there once, and I'd rate it the worse timeshare I've stayed at.

Nancy

Comment

Working...
        X