Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommendations for II Big Island Timeshares?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommendations for II Big Island Timeshares?

DD and hubby would like me to trade into a timeshare on The Big Island for their 10th anniversary next August (2017).

I looked at II, but none jumped out as being better than the others.

Does anyone have a recommendation?

TIA,

Maria

Which resorts trade through II for the Big Island? I'm fairly familiar with the ones that trade with RCI.

I don't think Hilton trades with II, if they did I'd recommend that. I'm sending older dd and her husband to the Bay Club for two weeks in October. It's for their anniversary and his birthday.
    Luanne

Comment

Maria,

I did a search for Big Island resorts that trade through II. If what I found is correct, these are the resorts I'd consider:

Aston Shores at Waikoloa
      Aston Waikoloa Colony Villas
      Halii Kai at Waikoloa
      (with these three I know nothing about them, but the Waikoloa area is where the Hilton resorts are)

The Kona Coast Resort I and II and Shell Vacations Club at Kona Coast Resort I and II (we've stayed here, liked the units, it's at the south end of Kona)

Kona Reef (we rented a unit here which was not one of the timeshare units, it's in Kona, great for walking a lot of areas, resort is on the ocean, but I'm guessing not all units have an ocean view)

Shell Vacations Club at Holua Resort at Mauna Loa Village (no personal knowledge, another one that is at the south end of Kona, has had pretty good reviews)
      Luanne

Comment

If you are looking for something REALLY quiet, try Sea Mountain in Puunalu (not sure about the sp.). It is near the Volcanoes and the black sand/turtle beach. Also nearby is South Point. Very quiet and relaxed, however, not much for services nearby. Two small towns 10 miles either direction with small local grocery stores and small restaurants. Stop in Hilo at Costco on the way in and stock up on food and drinks because not much else. If you want to explore the Volcanoes, this is the place. It is a long drive to Kona for nightlife and nice restaurants. There is even a golf course surrounding the resort. Not sure if it is still going.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyboy View Post
          If you are looking for something REALLY quiet, try Sea Mountain in Puunalu (not sure about the sp.). It is near the Volcanoes and the black sand/turtle beach. Also nearby is South Point. Very quiet and relaxed, however, not much for services nearby. Two small towns 10 miles either direction with small local grocery stores and small restaurants. Stop in Hilo at Costco on the way in and stock up on food and drinks because not much else. If you want to explore the Volcanoes, this is the place. It is a long drive to Kona for nightlife and nice restaurants. There is even a golf course surrounding the resort. Not sure if it is still going.

Tom
          I would say absolute NO to this location. It is very remote. No stores or restaurants close by. If this is their first visit to the Big Island I wouldn' choose this one.
          Luanne

Comment

Thank you both!

I will show this thread to DD because she did say they want to explore the volcanoes. They are also looking to visit Maui on this trip, so a quiet resort split with a busy resort might work.

Maria

Comment

Maria,

We love to visit Volcano National Park as well. But Sea Mountain really isn't all that close. What we do is stay at a B&B in Volcano Village. That way you're just a few minutes from the entrance of the park. Our favorite, or really the only B&B we've stayed at is Kilauea Lodge. We stay in Tutu's Place which is a two bedroom cottage off-site. My dd and her hubby stayed in the Hideaway which is a one bedroom cottage over the garage that is onsite. They loved it. The restaurant there is one of the best on the island.

http://kilauealodge.com/lodging/
              Luanne

Comment

Another way to go is to rent from A Wyndham mega renter like Ron for 4-5 days and then Use the II exchange for Maui which has a lot more in II including Marriott/Westin and a few others.

https://www.clubwyndham.com/cw/resor...-hawaiian.page
                Pat
                *** My Website ***

Comment

Originally posted by GrayFal View Post
                  Another way to go is to rent from A Wyndham mega renter like Ron for 4-5 days and then Use the II exchange for Maui which has a lot more in II including Marriott/Westin and a few others.

https://www.clubwyndham.com/cw/resor...-hawaiian.page
                  We've stayed at the Wyndham Kona Resort, and I believe Glitter has as well. While not on the ocean (most of the Big Island resorts are not) it's a nice place located in Kona. It might depend on whether they want the funky Kona Town feel, or the higher end resort feel that would be found in the Waikoloa resort area.
                  Luanne

Comment

Lots of great ideas! Thank you!

They are into funky!

Maria

Comment

Originally posted by mpizza View Post
                      Lots of great ideas! Thank you!

They are into funky!

Maria
                      Then definitely Kona and Volcano Village.
                      Luanne

Comment

I just checked the distance from Sea Mountain to Volcano National Park after making the comment that it's not very close. It's about 19 minutes, so not hugely far, but again, there is nothing out there. I'd still base in Volcano Village for a night or two in order to spend time in the park. Park admission is good for up to 7 days so you can go in and out during the time you're in the area.
                        Luanne

Comment

Sorry, one more thing. If they are going in August and will be staying in Kona, be sure there is a/c in the unit. Summer in Kona can be quite warm and without a/c can be unpleasant. Wyndham Kona does have a/c. Not an issue for Volcano Village as it's higher and generally cooler there.
                          Luanne

Comment

Yes, I own at Wyndham Kona Hawaiian Resort. Great location near Kona-town and I love the Hawaiiana decor and big lanai. Views vary and are not fabulous, but the place has a wonderful feel. Not sure how much inventory II gets from there. I also really like the location of Kona Coast I and II, in fact booked into there for summer 2017 myself. An ongoing search is the best way to pick that up in II (which is what I did).

They can bike from Kona Hawaiian Resort into Kona town. From Kona Coast it's a drive, but not long.

I much prefer Kona to Waikoloa, jmo.

Comment

Originally posted by Glitter Brunello View Post
                              Yes, I own at Wyndham Kona Hawaiian Resort. Great location near Kona-town and I love the Hawaiiana decor and big lanai. Views vary and are not fabulous, but the place has a wonderful feel. Not sure how much inventory II gets from there. I also really like the location of Kona Coast I and II, in fact booked into there for summer 2017 myself. An ongoing search is the best way to pick that up in II (which is what I did).

They can bike from Kona Hawaiian Resort into Kona town. From Kona Coast it's a drive, but not long.

I much prefer Kona to Waikoloa, jmo.
                              I don't think Kona Hawaiian trades through II. Pat had suggested buying points from a Wyndham owner and using II for Maui.

I like both Kona and Waikoloa. Waikoloa is closer to the nicer beaches. My daughter and son in law spent some time in Kona at the Kona Coast in March (which is not really right in town) and said next time they wanted to be in Waikoloa. They'll be spending two weeks at the Bay Club next year.
                              Luanne

Comment

Working...
                              X