Fire at Hanalei Bay Resort

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire at Hanalei Bay Resort

This afternoon I got a recorded message from a representative of Hanalie Bay letting me know there was a fire on July 1st at the resort that destroyed the restauarent. In the message it was also stated that activities at the resort will go uninterrupted.

Jim, you will have to let us know what shape the resort is in when you check-in on the 23rd.

Sorry to hear this. We will be there in December.

Comment

Story from the Garden Island News:

Fire erupts at Hanalei Bay Resort
      “Maybe you shouldn't dress like that.”

“This is a blouse and skirt. I don't know what you're talking about.”

“You shouldn't wear that body.”

Comment

Hanalei Bay --- if memory serves...

Originally posted by Thirsty
        ...there was a fire on July 1st at the resort that destroyed the restaurant.
        Please correct me if I'm mistaken in my recollection, but wasn't this particular facility formerly under the dubious wings of (...bankrupt in 2009) Celebrity Resorts, which has since then been "reinvented" as Legacy Vacation Club in their post-Chapter 11 iteration?

....And when Celebrity got the long overdue "boot" from managing this particular resort, (which occurred before the company's aforementioned Chapter 11 filing, if I recall), didn't Celebrity still manage to hold on to the restaurant?

My point is that I'd be curious to know just how well-insured the restaurant was --- and just who the insurance policy beneficiaries are. I'm guessing that insurance investigators (and maybe some arson investigators) will likely have a very similar (but much deeper) curiousity.

Just sayin'....

Comment

I don't know much about past management but Trading Places manages the resort now. If the restaurant is managed by Legacy Vacation Club/Celebrity Resorts there could be an investigation.

I had a 2 bdrm unit booked checking in July 23rd but do to a shaking job situation I wasn't able to use it.

Comment

Last Fall we were told Trading Places does not manage the restaurant. A local resident who has a restaurant in Hanalei already bought the place and has been renovating it. Marilyn

Comment

Originally posted by Theo
              I'm guessing that insurance investigators (and maybe some arson investigators) will likely have a very similar (but much deeper) curiousity.

Just sayin'....
              You put WAY too much faith in insurance Adjusters and/or independent investigators....none of them will look that deeply for a simple kitchen fire....

I work in Property insurance...

Comment

Not my words...

Originally posted by Ridewithme38 View Post
                You put WAY too much faith in insurance Adjusters and/or independent investigators....none of them will look that deeply for a simple kitchen fire....

I work in Property insurance...
                I don't actually put any faith in any "civilian investigators" of any kind. I work in criminal investigation.

My point, perhaps made too subtly, was simply that a fire in a (currently completely closed) restaurant, one which was very recently under the management of a recently bankrupted company of highly questionable morals, ethics and business practices is perhaps, let's just say ....."curious".

Comment

Originally posted by hope54 View Post
                  Last Fall we were told Trading Places does not manage the restaurant. A local resident who has a restaurant in Hanalei already bought the place and has been renovating it. Marilyn
                  Is this local resident jimit mehta?

Comment

Interesting timing

Originally posted by Theo View Post
                    I don't actually put any faith in any "civilian investigators" of any kind. I work in criminal investigation.

My point, perhaps made too subtly, was simply that a fire in a (currently completely closed) restaurant, one which was very recently under the management of a recently bankrupted company of highly questionable morals, ethics and business practices is perhaps, let's just say ....."curious".
                    Talk about interesting timing. Guess we won't be going there any time soon since this looks like it's going to be a long process before a fully funded restoration can even begin.

Comment

Originally posted by Theo View Post

I didn't know that Celebrity/Legacy had taken over, but having been to the resort several years ago, I did wonder about the fire restricted to the restaurant that never seemed busy enough to pay for itself.

Comment

Working...
                      X