Fort Myers Beach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fort Myers Beach

We checked out Fort Myers Beach yesterday. Still a mell of a hess.

None of the many resorts we stayed at over the years is open or even there. It's hard to tell where some of them were.

Unfortunately, the only way it can be rebuilt is by Corporations . . . the Mom and Pop days are over.

On Bonita Beach, Bonita Resort and Club is still there, but not open.
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

If anyone here cares, or can post this Over Yonder, I've been doing some snooping. Sandpiper Resort, a motel conversion resort, was sold to a deep pockets investment company for $25M.

Lahaina Inn, which is now just 2.5 acres with no buildings, is listed for $30M. The 1887 owners have all been paid an equal share of insurance claims settlement, an unspecified amount. When the property sells, those who paid 2023 maintenance fees will get those paid back, and then an equal share of net proceeds. No delinquent accounts are being foreclosed and those who have previous foreclosure debts, some in the thousands, are being forgiven. The slate has to be clean to sell the property. I suspect some who have a foreclosure debt will hold out for a share of the proceeds, since I'm guessing it is going to be in the $10K range. Here's the Lahaina Inn ad: https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/5580...Moe2xmsAhOtyRA
    JLB
    Please excuse me, I'm a Dick. Not a moron just a Dick
    Last edited by JLB; 01-04-2024, 03:32 PM.
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

I still haven't heard anything new from an old friend Wonka, who lived near Sarasota. Did you visit that area at all ?

Comment

Sure, we get to Sarasota every now and then. Sarasota County starts just a mile north of us.

Our area, Englewood, and Ft. Myers/Naples/Etc. got hit by Idalia surge, too. The other day Cape Coral and Ft. Myers got hit with flooding from a 8" rainfall.

Comment

I have friends who live there and got lucky no damage
          Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

Originally posted by bigfrank View Post
            I have friends who live there and got lucky no damage
            Live there where?

Comment

Originally posted by jlb View Post

live there where?
              cape coral
              Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

Talking about timeshares (we were?) Englewood Beach and Yacht Club, on the bayside across Gulf Blvd from our Sea Oats Beach Club, is struggling. Phase 1 is unbuildable after Ian, and waiting for whatever it is waiting for, while Phase 2 and Phase 3 are open and operating. That has created a divide among owners. Like most things of that nature, even the owners are having a hard time figuring out what's going on.

When we boat, we boat by EB&YC, which is "sister" resort to us, in name only. No legal entanglements.

Comment

Working...
                X