Panama City Florida.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panama City Florida.

I think most of you know I am going to Maine in the fall, but 4/18 I'm going to PCB saying at a 3 BR at the Landmark.
    Boy do they have mixed review !! I hope I get a refurbished one. This will be my first time at a real beach since I've
    been sick so I am looking forward to some easy shelling. Any suggestions on attractions, restaurants and shelling will
    be much appreciated !! NOW GO !!!! shaggy

Sorry I can't help, only been there once. Have a great time.

Comment

I was there in December 1994, I as in the forties and windy, I am sure it has been refurbished since then

Comment

We spent Thanksgiving weekend there at the Calypso in 2015. Pier Park is 2 miles east of you. Its an outdoor mall-ish kind of place with multiple restaurants. We also liked Shuck’ums, a bit further in the same direction. Kind of a divey locals place but the food was good and reasonable, oyster are their specialty. Destin is an hour to the west. We took the drive and discovered we like Panama City a lot better. You may get some rain in April but it will be warm. The water in the Gulf is mostly clear. We saw some very large fish swimming by about 100 feet offshore from our 19th floor unit.

Comment

Thanks Phil. My first stop will be Ace Hardware in PCB to go thru the shell piles. I want a Junoia !! I plan on relaxing and eating good food ( at a reasonable price so I'll check out Shuc'ums . I love dives. My neighbor just came back from Destin and hated it. ??? She said it was noisey , crowded , and bumper to bumper traffic. Left after 2 days , they were at Destin State Park. How far is Navarre Beach. ??

Comment

There is a nice place to eat breakfast and lunch right across the street. Don't remember the name.
            M. Henley

Comment

A friend who's an annual snowbird down there recommends St. Andrews State Park for shelling and an all-around wonderful day. There's also a boat that shuttles visitors across the jetty to Shell Island.
              Jeanne

Comment

Are you still planning to go?

Comment

Absolutely!! Why??

Comment

How was PCB? I hope you had a great time. We're planning to go there Memorial Day weekend. Any recommendations and/or advice?
                    Jeanne

Comment

We had a great time. If you like to collect shells go to Ace Hardware. They have shell piles outback. $5 a gallon. I had to buy a extra duffel bag to get them home. Pier Park is a shopping mall that is pretty spread out but fun. If you like oysters go to Dusty's Ate there twice and went to Sharkey's for oysters once. Got a delicious cheeseburger at the Wicked Wheel.

Comment

Working...
                      X