X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Know Your Florida Beaches

Florida Beaches - Florida beach photos - Beach reviews - Beach guide
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

JLB

Great. Thank you for the link.

Comment

Best comprehensive beach site I've found. Makes me wanna be there.
      RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

I think this warrants a sticky.
        Lawren
        ------------------------
        There are many wonderful places in the world, but one of my favourite places is on the back of my horse.
        - Rolf Kopfle

Comment

Nice but they left out Hollywood and Hallandale beach. Maybe they are not finished with the site yet.

Comment

Originally posted by chriskre
            Nice but they left out Hollywood and Hallandale beach. Maybe they are not finished with the site yet.
            I noticed that too...I love Hollywood beach.

Comment

Originally posted by grest
              I noticed that too...I love Hollywood beach.
              Me too. I also love Bonita beach and they did mention that one and it's a much less popular beach than Hollywood. Oh well I guess it's a good thing they skipped it so that I can have the beach all to myself. Certainly don't want alot of tourists messing with my sand.

Comment

I don't know Hollywood Beach but I do know Bonita Beach and I would never suggest it is not busy. It is one of the most popular destinations for much of the Ft. Myers area. It's hard to find a parking place on a nice day.

Because of ease of access it is usually as busy/busier than Sanibel or Captiva.

The pictures of Little Hickory Park is where we normally access in. Also, some of the upscale gated communities have build their beach clubs here and a little further north. One of them is right here at Little Hickory Park.

The large beach club for the Cocoanut Hyatt and the gated communities near it is at the next pass north, New Pass I believe. For it there are water taxis constantly running back and forth across Estero Bay. New Pass is one of favorite places to run the pontoon up on the beach and hang out. We are never alone. Lots of people, lots of dolphins and lots of dogs!!!

Dogs??? Yup, Dog Beach on Lovers Key is on the north side of that pass.

Now you got me started. beachin'

Comment

Bonita Beach is always busy, we have parkin' passes & its tough to find a place to park during prime time or season & sometimes during the summer, unless you get there early, I know, as we go fishin' a lot there & at New Pass under the bridge.

Barefoot Beach is the same way only it cost ya a little to get-in but you can always find a parkin' place & its just down the road from Bonita Beach & its in Collier County which just happens to be right next door to Bonita Beach. Its a very nice beach where all the up-scale riches go to all the time & where we go durin' the season cause of the parkin' at Bonita Beach!

Our Daughter takes her dog to Dog Beach all the time. sometimes its bad but most of the time its not to bad, just depends who's there durin' the week, not the weekend.
                  ~ Do What I Say, Not What I Do! ~

Comment

I don't want to step on toes, but when I look at the righthand beaches, say a popular one like Cocoa Beach, and compare it to any of the SW FL beaches, as high up as Anna Maria Island, there is no comparison.

The gulf beaches, maybe because the shallowness of the Gulf, just are sooooo much nicer.

JMHO

Comment

You guys go in the winter when all the snowbirds are there. In the summer Bonita is practically a ghost town. I have stayed several times in the Bonita resort and club across from the beach and the new beach club and there is hardly anyone there in the summer. The Hyatt beach club is really deserted in the summer. I used one of the free pontoons from the TS at Bonita resort and beached it on the Hyatt beach which really is a crappy shallow beach and even went to use the bathroom in their beach club. After 15 minutes of walking around finally a security guard told us to leave but they didn't kick us off the beach just out of the beach club. I was not impressed with the Hyatt beach.

You snowbirds really ought to visit in the summer. It's really the best time to go to the beach in Florida. Then you'll see what I mean.

Now Ft. Myers is just too crowded these days all year because of it's fame with the Miami crowd. I enjoyed my stay though because I got a nice exchange into Beach Club I, gonna try for Seawatch or Eagles nest next year when I close on my HGVC purchase.

JLB, don't knock Hollywood beach until you try it. You might not like my little beach pad Enchanted Isle because it's definetely not a persnicky resort but it's right on the sand and it doesn't get better than that. It's also a very swimmable beach and except for the weekends when the locals come calling it's all mine during the week. The MF's are real cheap at $450 for a 2 bedroom 2-1/2 bath and $350 for the 1 bedrooms. It's also cheaper to fly to Ft. Lauderdale.

Comment

We love BR&C and useta get the same Bayview/Passview unit every Week 2, until the owner sold it. We tried to buy it Jan 2 that year and were told we were too late.

Love those pontoon boats.

Got my little niche in SW FL and probably won't give it up after 30 years . . . Yes, I was 10 when I first went there.

Comment

I beat you. I was 6 when I started going there and it's been almost 40 years for me of vacations on the west coast. Of course we used to stay in the Mom and Pop motels til I discovered timeshares about 10 years ago when I tried to rent at LaHaina Inn and found out that it was a timeshare now.

Comment

I figured the problem out . . . John the Friendly Guide. I was doing the ongoing search online as I was talking to him and he said he would just do it for me. I said Englewood to Marco/Coastal, which is one of the selections and the one I had selected online, but he put it SW FL, which is another selection.

Another of my don'ts . . . don't let a Guide do something you can do yourself. They have a way of deciding what you really want for you.

Now I am even moire concerned about how he did the money, since I know he screwed some things up.

Comment

Originally posted by chriskre View Post
                              I beat you. I was 6 when I started going there and it's been almost 40 years for me of vacations on the west coast. Of course we used to stay in the Mom and Pop motels til I discovered timeshares about 10 years ago when I tried to rent at LaHaina Inn and found out that it was a timeshare now.
                              We have a lot in common. Lahaina Inn is one of the many motel conversions in SW FL, that a guy from Indiana came down and did in the late 70's. It was our first timeshare stay in SW FL about 20 years ago.

The Beach Club I mentioned on the beach across the road from BR&C was Mom and Pop stilt rentals until about five years ago. They got bulldozed while we were there and the next year the beach club was there.

We were going to buy a winter place in SW FL until 1997; that was the year to skyrocketing prices hit.

Comment

Working...
                              X