Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search RCI for good Palm Springs TS

Hello all
    I hope everyone has had a healthy 2009 thus far.
    I have occasionally read the board over past several months but havent posted much since being
    given a new job last winter that has me traveling around New England
    every week. Given what so many people have gone thru over last year, I guess I am lucky to still have a job....Anyways, DW and I hope to go back out to California again late Oct/early Nov to visit my son in LA and then drive out to Palm Springs for a little golf and R&R....I have had a search in with RCI for 6 months for a 2 bedroom
    at the Marriott Desert Villas and a few other RCI ts but once again RCI has come up with nada for me. Thank God this is the last week I have deposited
    with RCI...all future deposits will go to II or DAE...
    Can anyone suggest a RCI ts on the level of a Marriott in Palm Springs and also do a search to see if anything is available the last week of October or first 2 weeks of November??? My week is not letting me see much of anything. Interval has some last minute deals at the Marriotts but they are all studios and I need a 2br as my son wants to come out for a few days with his girlfriend from LA.
    I appreciate any help that you can give me.

Thanks,
    Paul

Originally posted by biskits
    Hello all
    Can anyone suggest a RCI ts on the level of a Marriott in Palm Springs and also do a search to see if anything is available the last week of October or first 2 weeks of November???
    I checked both II and RCI. All I could see were a couple of standard resorts (in each) in Indio, and the only RCI points resort I could find in inland southern CA was in Helendale (another standard).

So, there doesn't appear to be anything available to meet your needs.

Have you considered renting two studios? That may be your only option to get a good resort.

sc
    --
    "Because there is good, and there is evil, and evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I shall not compromise in this."
    -- Rorschach, Watchmen

Comment

Trading Places has a 2-bedroom unit at Desert Breezes

Exchange:
      Desert Vacation Villas - Palm Springs, CA, United States
      Dates: Nov 06, 2009 - Nov 13, 2009
      Size: 2 Bedroom
      Occupancy: 6

Rental:
      Desert Vacation Villas - Palm Springs, CA
      Dates: Nov 06, 2009 - Nov 13, 2009
      Size: 2 Bedroom Special: $595.00
      Occupancy: 6

Comment

Paul, VRI has a 2 bedroom Desert Vacation Villas available Oct 16, November 6 ,and November 16. I know you likely don't have anything deposited there, but it you think any of these would worl for you let me know. VRI has a relationship wit Trading Places, see the link below.

https://merchant.tradingplaces.com/B...=vri&rstno=307

Joy
        “ Peace, if it ever exists, will not be based on the fear of war but on the love of peace. ”

— Herman Wouk

Comment

Marriott Palm Desert in Getaway

There is a Marriott Palm Desert in Villas II that is a real bargin.
          It is for Nov 2 -Nov 9 ( Monday to Monday) It is a 2 bedroom , 2 bath, a really great unit and resort for $302 gold member or $327 regular member for the whole week ! Best resort in Palm Desert. Good luck...

Comment

RCI or II???

Timbuktu

I couldnt find any in RCI or II getaways. Do you still see it????

Thanks

ps Go Sox!!!

Comment

Desert Vacation Villas

Hi Joy

How are you??? I hope all is well with you and your family....

Did you and/or your husband get to Fenway this summer???

In regards to DVV, are you familiar with this resort???

Its only got a rating of 5.96 OY

Regards,

Paul

Comment

Marriotts in Palm Desert

I checked II getaways this morning and I do not see it.
                There are alot of studios which cost $175-$235 per week depending on which resort of the 4 Marriotts You could get two of those.
                There is a one bedroom at Shadow Ridge from Nov 7-14 , sleeps 4 and that is $257 for the week.
                I would call II and ask to speak to the Getaway dept. and have them check the 4 Marriotts. They are very helpful when you are buying.

I looked at DVV when I was in Palm Desert and didn't find it appealing, especially if you have stayed at the Marriotts.
                Good Luck ! Pat

Comment

Originally posted by biskits
                  Hi Joy

How are you??? I hope all is well with you and your family....

Did you and/or your husband get to Fenway this summer???

In regards to DVV, are you familiar with this resort???

Its only got a rating of 5.96 OY

Regards,

Paul

Hi Paul,

Things are going well; Greg retired from Chrysler this past November and has been busy doing all the things he didn't have time for. We didn't get to Fenway this season, but planning a trip to Baltimore for some Sox/Orioles games next season. My brother lives near there and we will "kill two birds with one stone" by doing the trip. Tickets are so much cheaper at Oriole Park at Camden Yards than at Fenway.

As for the resort I am not familiar, but I'd check trip adviser before making a decision. I have a banked RCI week (from a cancellation), and one in VRI (fresh deposit of my week 34 Cape Winds) that I may not use and also a replacement week in II if you can use any of them my friend they are yours.

Joy
                  “ Peace, if it ever exists, will not be based on the fear of war but on the love of peace. ”

— Herman Wouk

Comment

Generous offer

Hi Joy
                    My pm's are capacity so I just sent you an email.
                    Regards,
                    Paul

Comment

Thanks

Sill looking but wanted to thank to all who responded....your help is appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                      X