This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golden Gate Natl Parks, CA State Parks, Balboa Park in San Diego

Does anyone on this forum watch the Huell Howser series nightly? We do and enjoy them a lot. Tonight, Huell took us to Lassen Volcanic National Park which is a real gem. I took my nephew from Holland there a few years ago and we took some beautiful hikes. This park is not as crowded as the very well known ones in California but just as beautiful. It is a very active volcanic area and we may have an eruption again. They showed some black and white film of the last one in the beginning of the century.

What timeshare in California would be closest to Lassen and how far away is it?

If the program's title is "California Gold" we watch it too... but not on a regular basis.
    I rarely check the TV schedule so it's a hit-or-miss thing.

Okay... you've visited Lassen National Park...
    So what area (nearby towns/cities, etc.) is it located in CA ?

This would help us identify timeshare near it.

Comment

I googled "Lassen National Park" (couldn't sleep)

"Lassen Volcanic National Park is located about eight miles northeast of Mineral, CA, or fifty miles east of Red Bluff, CA on Highway 36 or 50 miles east of Redding, CA on Highway 44."

So... anyone know a timeshare reasonably close to it ?

Comment

There are condos in Lake Almanor, which is the closest likely place for a timeshare resort, but I don't believe there are any timeshares in the area...

The lava tubes at 44 and 89 are a pretty good outing as well.

I've spent a fair amount of time in this area, but mostly in a camper on NFS land. If one doesn't mind snow in winter, it's a lovely place to live, and still relatively affordable, especially as you move up 299 towards Alturas.

Pat

Comment

Originally posted by Doug.Kaya
          I googled "Lassen National Park" (couldn't sleep)

"Lassen Volcanic National Park is located about eight miles northeast of Mineral, CA, or fifty miles east of Red Bluff, CA on Highway 36 or 50 miles east of Redding, CA on Highway 44."

So... anyone know a timeshare reasonably close to it ?
          That's right as we have stayed a few times at Redding or Red Bluff in motels. I asked what timeshares were close in case some prefer to stay there over motels, especially with a family. Motels are fine for us as we are out most of the day.

Comment

Balboa Park in San Diego

Balboa Park, America's largest urban cultural park.

Over 85 Performing Arts and International Culture Organizations 15 MuseumsWorld-Famous San Diego ZooGardensHiking and Biking TrailsRecreational FacilitiesRestaurants

Balboa Park
            What I once considered boring, I now consider paradise.
            Faust

Comment

sounds great

Comment

Great Urban Park!

It's been a couple of years since I have been there(Balboa Park). There are numerous museums. There is usually one each day that has free admission. Last time we were there, it was the Aeronautics & Space museum that was free for the day. Also, there is a free walking tour each morning at about 9am that was fascinating. We learned alot about the park and all the buildings.
                The legitimate object of Government is to do for a community of people whatever they need to have done but cannot do at all or cannot do so well for themselves”- Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by barndweller
                  It's been a couple of years since I have been there. There are numerous museums. There is usually one each day that has free admission. Last time we were there, it was the Aeronautics & Space museum that was free for the day. Also, there is a free walking tour each morning at about 9am that was fascinating. We learned alot about the park and all the buildings.
                  Each Tuesday of the month is when the museums are free on a rotating basis. To check out the schedule go here.
                  http://www.balboapark.org/visitors.html

Scroll down the page.

Comment

We love Balboa Park and the San Diego Zoo!!!

Here is another site with great information, best bets, top picks for families, and maps of Balboa Park and the San Diego Zoo.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/cityse.../48/index.html
                    "If a Nation expects to be ignorant and free in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.... If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
                    -- Thomas Jefferson to Col. Yancey, 1816

Comment

I have caught this program several times and it has really opened my eyes to several gems in California.....great program. The last one I saw was on the Mojave Desert after it had all the rains and was flooded.

I long ago saw the program they did on the Crissy Field in San Francisco just before we went there a few years ago and it opened a whole new world for us to enjoy San Francisco....we loved that whole area and enjoyed the recreational opportunities....we played in the parks with the kids, the museums were great, the seaside and beach walks and nature trails were wonderful.

I highly recommend this program.
                      "If a Nation expects to be ignorant and free in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.... If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."

Comment

Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy & CA State Parks

Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy is the steward for several great parks in the Bay Area. We were members at one time and they send out an email newsletter regularly. If you are going to the Bay Area be sure to check out their web site, trail maps, and park info.

Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy

Alcatraz
                        Fort Point
                        Muir Woods
                        Presidio of San Francisco

Our Bay Area brethren are very blessed to have all of this beauty and recreation surrounding them.

Comment

Add Sausalito(SP hope I got the right area.) to your list the ferry ride is nice and the area is great,
                          Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

I live in San Diego and Balboa Park is a beautiful place to go to. There are events happening all of the time. I love it there.

Comment

Balboa Park

I am in charge of a Military reunion in San Diego next June. Balboa Park is one of the key items we want to see.

Comment

Working...
                              X