Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What weeks would TPI like to receive?

Hi, Marcie

I have heard very good things about TPI from other members here, so I signed up. So far, I have been very impressed, both in terms of the inventory TPI offers online, and in terms of how helpful and friendly the reps have been. It's so different, after dealing with a certain large exchange company that shall remain nameless, but is often Really Complicated and Infuriating.

I own a lot of timeshare weeks, and since I've been happy with TPI, I'd like to give TPI weeks that you can really use. I also have some flexibility in which resorts I can reserve, since some of my timeshares are points systems that allow reservations at a number of different resorts.

Are there certain areas of the country where TPI would particularly like to receive inventory? I see that TPI has fabulous inventory in some regions (Hawaii, Park City), but not much inventory in some other regions. Do you like to receive deposits in areas where you are under-represented? For example, I have weeks at Island Park Village and Inn at Silver Creek, but I assume you would rather I give you something else (say, in Vail or the Smokey Mountains) because you already have a lot of Inn at Silver Creek and Island Park Village inventory. Is my assumption correct?

Hello.....thank you for the nice comments!

Yes, we always welcome resorts and areas that we don't have alot of, so anything over on the East coast would be great. Thank you so much for asking.
    Trading Places International
    http://www.tradingplaces.com

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply! I figured TPI probably would like more deposits from areas where they don't have as much inventory, but I wasn't sure.

I see that TPI has a list of resorts where they get a lot of availability: Trading Places International - Exchange Vacation Properties I'll plan on NOT giving TPI any resort that's already on that list, and trying to deposit weeks from areas that have no resort on that list.

Comment

Marcie, I'm following up on my previous post, where I asked what inventory TPI would like to receive.

I'm trying to figure out where to deposit my 2009 weeks (plus a couple of fall 2008 weeks.) I figure I'll give a few to TPI, and the rest to other exchange companies. Because I've been so happy with TPI, I'd like to give TPI first choice of the weeks that I'm considering depositing with various companies. Truth be told, many of these are off-season (although not necessarily way off-season). If an exchange company gets stuck with a week of mine that they can't use, I'd rather it be one of the big guys rather than a smaller (and very helpful!) company like TPI.

Would it work to email TPI a list of weeks I have, and let TPI pick which weeks they would like the most? If I did that, where would I send the list? I could also just phone you, if that would work better. Many of these weeks are booked off of a points account, so I have some flexibility in rebooking which resorts & dates I have.

Comment

Hello JudyS....
          At this point, it would probaly be easier if you contacted TPI directly. I would call Karen Donohue as she would know what week we could really use. Thank you so much for giving this option!!!
          Trading Places International
          http://www.tradingplaces.com

Comment

Originally posted by Vacation Rep View Post
            Hello JudyS....
            At this point, it would probaly be easier if you contacted TPI directly. I would call Karen Donohue as she would know what week we could really use. Thank you so much for giving this option!!!
            Thanks very much, Marcie! I will call Karen Donohue. Is there an extension/direct dial number I should use to reach her (you can email or PM me, if you don't want to post it here), or should I just call the main TPI exchange department number, and ask to speak to her?

Comment

Working...
            X