This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trading Places Chat Session, Wednesday February 28th 9:30 PM New York Time

EDIT - THERE IS A FULL TRANSCRIPT OF THE CHAT POSTED IN THE CHAT LIBRARY HERE:

http://www.timeshareforums.com/forum...ranscript.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is a scheduled chat session for Wednesday February 28th 9:30 PM New York Time. We will have a Trading Places representative that will be running the chat so please come learn what trading places is all about.

If anyone has specific topics or questions they would like answered, please post in this thread ahead of time so that the Trading Places Rep can have an opportunity to see the types of information that you might be interested in learning about.

You can log into the chat session at the following link:

http://www.timeshareforums.com/forums/chat.php?

Note - if anyone can not access the chat system, please enter a support ticket ASAP so we can try to fix these issues BEFORE Feb 28th to allow you to join the chat session!

[SIGN]See You Then![/SIGN]

Depositing from Other Systems

1) Can I deposit a Fairfield unit, if so how.

2) Can I deposit a MROP unit, if so how.
    Mark B.

Comment

Unfortunately, I'll be gone for the Chat.

#1. Can we request without a deposit?
      #2. Is there a trade value assigned to specific deposits?
      #3. Are upgrades in size generally available?
      #4 Related to #3 Do you get many 2 bedroom units for exchange?
      #5. Would a 2 bdrm have a better chance to get a 2 bedroom in exchange or is it first to request gets it?
      #6. Are there any units or seasons you will not accept?
      #7. What gets requested the most? Least?

Will the questions & answers be archived for later access?
      The legitimate object of Government is to do for a community of people whatever they need to have done but cannot do at all or cannot do so well for themselves”- Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by barndweller
        Will the questions & answers be archived for later access?
        Yes we will preserve this chat session in our archives for future reference. I will also do a Cliff Notes version and use it as a Sticky for the "Ask Trading Places" forum.
        Lawren
        ------------------------
        There are many wonderful places in the world, but one of my favourite places is on the back of my horse.
        - Rolf Kopfle

Comment

Thanks, Lawren. I'll be in Cancun. I know, toooo bad. Sure appreciate your work on this. I think TPI has already seen an upsurge in interest. I'm seeing some positive posting both here and OY. Hope to meet up with you at the wine & cheese party at DBR sometime.
          The legitimate object of Government is to do for a community of people whatever they need to have done but cannot do at all or cannot do so well for themselves”- Lincoln

Comment

Do they take South Africa deposits?
            "If a Nation expects to be ignorant and free in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.... If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."
            -- Thomas Jefferson to Col. Yancey, 1816

Comment

Just as a reminder. The chat session is a week from tomorrow. Please get your questions in queue so that the Representative can research her answers prior to the chat.

I would like to know what the "Hold" window is before you must confirm your exchange and what cancellation penalties exist, if you find you cannot use your exchange.

What type of fee applies to a seasonal upgrade? Who determines the season? Is there a grid available for us to predetermine where our weeks fall?
              Lawren
              ------------------------
              There are many wonderful places in the world, but one of my favourite places is on the back of my horse.
              - Rolf Kopfle

Comment

We are still looking for suggested topics!

I also need to have people confirm they can get into the chat server:

http://www.timeshareforums.com/forums/chat.php

Hope to see a lot of people there!

Comment

What is the deal with 'seasons'???? If I have a red week in the other exchange systems so would it exchange with other 'red' weeks?

How about if we are within the 45 day window...can I use a different season or unit size without the upgrade?

And do bonus weeks work within the 45 day window? Is the bonus week for anything without the season and size upgrades? Is the bonus week restricted in the size or season of your deposit?
                  "If a Nation expects to be ignorant and free in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be.... If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed."

Comment

? How come we don't always get a phone call when there is a match for our exchange request?

I started an ongoing search for Puerto & Nuevo Vallarta sometime last month for January, 2008. I called last week to see if anythng had matched and the gal said "Yes, we have a 2BR in Nuevo Vallarta at the Mayan Palace starting Jan. 4th (I think it was the 4th)." I asked why no one had called me and she said she didn't know. This has happened in years past also. Is there a big "lag time" before members are called?

Thanks,
                    I-DE-HO

Comment

My questions:
                      a) When is the exchange fee payable ? When request has been made ( like with II) or when the exchange has been confirmed ? What are your international exchange fees ?
                      b) Do I get enhanced exchange power (priory over others) if I agree to trade my two bdr. July week in Florida for a one bdr. unit in Aruba or St. Kitts in Febr-March ?

Swit

Comment

Originally posted by swit29
                        My questions:
                        a) When is the exchange fee payable ? When request has been made ( like with II) or when the exchange has been confirmed ? What are your international exchange fees ?
                        b) Do I get enhanced exchange power (priory over others) if I agree to trade my two bdr. July week in Florida for a one bdr. unit in Aruba or St. Kitts in Febr-March ?

Swit

Please post your questions in the Chat on Wednesday be sure you can access it now. If you are having trouble then please Download Java Software
                        Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

BF it was my understanding that we were to post our questions on the web site ahead of time if we could so TPI could prepare for it. Maybe I misunderstood.

Originally posted by bigfrank
                          Please post your questions in the Chat on Wednesday be sure you can access it now. If you are having trouble then please Download Java Software

Comment

I really really really wish I could make the chat, but I can't--and also, I wasn't able to download the necessary plug-ins even if I could be available.

Anyway, I have a couple of questions and hope they can be addressed during the chat:

My resort recently joined the Premier Access program and we can exchange within the PA resorts with no exchange fee. However, if I want to exchange into a resort outside the PA resorts, do I need to have a separate membership? (I believe my resort said my first year was covered--I own via Best Weeks in Argentina)

I also own Mayan Palace Vacation Club. I see Mayan Palace Riviera Maya is a PA resort. Does that mean all Mayan Palaces are PA resorts? If I want to deposit a Mayan Palace week, am I able to specify somehow through the vacation club that only a Riviera Maya week should be made available for TPI?

I am *very* interested in trading with my Fairfield Points. Can I just make a reservation with FF using my points for any FF resort, and then put TPI on as the guest who will be using the week, or how will TPI handle FF deposits?

FF related--since I am a Premier Access member, can I make a deposit of a non PA week (for example, FF Branson) into TPI, and then get a free exchange into a PA week?

I made my first deposit recently, and was told by my resort that I would receive a bonus week from TPI. However, the only thing that shows in my TPI account is the week I have deposited. I have no idea if I received the bonus week, or how to use it if I have it.

If I make a deposit today, is it good for two years from the date I make the deposit, or two years from the actual week; i.e., if I deposit a 2008 week, is it good until 2010 (two years after actual use date), or does it expire in 2009 (two years from today)

Is there a chart somewhere that shows the season of the various resorts? I mostly own red time but with FF, for example, might wish to deposit a blue time week when I'm searching for a blue time exchange. How can I get them to jive with TPI?

Darn, I wish I could attend the chat!

Comment

Originally posted by 4ARedOctober
                              BF it was my understanding that we were to post our questions on the web site ahead of time if we could so TPI could prepare for it. Maybe I misunderstood.

Maybe your right I was away as you know and may have forgoten what was going on or missed what we were supposed to do. As my son would say, My Bad
                              Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

Working...
                              X