This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eal View Post
    My experience with bonus weeks has been that AFTER I confirm an exchange that I have requested, the VC asks if I want to use a bonus week or a banked week. Depending on what is expiring the earliest I will decide at that point in time.

So the question of what can a bonus week "pull" in Europe in the summer isn't really relevant - the only question is what can SFX deliver for summer Europe units, and Sue has told her story about Scotland in July (at a lovely resort I might add).
    So does that mean that I should put my request in with my regular week and then actually use my bonus week when the request comes through? I didn't think that I could do that.... Probably why my bonus week will soon disappear.

Comment

Originally posted by idahodude View Post
      So does that mean that I should put my request in with my regular week and then actually use my bonus week when the request comes through? I didn't think that I could do that.... Probably why my bonus week will soon disappear.
      Idahodude - Absolutely yes you can!! Keep in mind, your Bonus Week is only good for one year, your exchange week 2 years past the arrival date of your deposited week. Point being, your Bonus Week expires first, and should be used first.

Hope this helps...
      SFX Video

Comment

I see the dates have changed for the 2009 bonus offer on Nevada resorts that are considered Prime. Does the entire week need to be included in the dates listed for Prime weeks, or only the check-in date?
        Give me a place with 4 S's: Sun, sand, surf, & suds-Dale (from Illinois)

Comment

Originally posted by Kola View Post
          Mark,
          Your "answer" sounds like an Introduction to Elementary Timesharing 101.
          I regret to say that you have made every effort not to address any of my questions. Experienced politicians do this all the time. Maybe you should consider running for a political office ? Michael
          Originally posted by aliikai2 View Post
          Mark is one of the best timeshare reps in the business, and has helped quite a few on this board.
          Mark may be "one of the best timeshare reps in the business, but non-answers are non-answers. He has done a much better job of late with this exception. Maybe I'll give him a try again.
          ... not enough time for all the timeshares ®

Comment

Originally Posted by Kola
            Mark,
            Your "answer" sounds like an Introduction to Elementary Timesharing 101.
            I regret to say that you have made every effort not to address any of my questions. Experienced politicians do this all the time. Maybe you should consider running for a political office ? Michael

Originally posted by Spence
            Mark may be "one of the best timeshare reps in the business, but non-answers are non-answers. He has done a much better job of late with this exception. Maybe I'll give him a try again.
            As per Frank's earlier post, there may be a credibility issue with the original poster. "George and Kola" or "Kola and George" may be having an "Identity-Crisis"

There is another site that is well known for it's posters with phoney double ID's, and credibility issues. We are pleased to see that TSforums is very pro-active in preserving the sites integrity and credibility.

Great job Frank and Team !!

Thanks,
            SFX Video

Comment

Originally posted by Mark @SFX
              There have been comments from time to time that SFX does much better with fulfillment in the Western States /Hawaii /Mexico than it does for the East Coast. Well, lets keep this in context, and not the misleading way it may have been posted.

What do you think the reason might be? Well, the reason is; we receive more Member requests for the Western States, Hawaii and Mexico than Eastern regions for their vacations (Except for NY, Flordia and Hilton Head). Our highest demand in the East /S.E. is for NY, Florida and Hilton Head, and have strategic alliances in these areas. We still have access to many other quality resorts in other areas, but these are the most requested locations. SFX focuses only on the areas where their Members want to go, and where there is the highest demand.

With regards to the value and quality of our bonus weeks.... It is my understanding the bonus weeks from the "other" exchange companies range in price from about $300-$800. You cannot request what you want, and can only book what's available around 60 days or less. I believe these are the "left-overs" that possibly weren't the best units in their system. That doesn't mean they are not a good value.

Everyone's "opinion" of value is different. If someone is used to vacationing in a "Motel 6", then I can understand how $399 may be perceived to be a poor value. For those who live a little better, and understand decent quality brand hotel rooms start at $200 per night for 2 people, and that SFX bonus weeks are:

* Crown rated and 5 Star rated

* Can be requested up to "one-year in advance"

* And you can request what you want, (just like an exchange week)

which means the "value" of the week specifically requested up to a year in advance is much higher than left-overs that start 60 days or less. Most people have even figured that's about half the price of their maintenance fee !! A number of resorts we book Members into rent space for $300-$400 a night... plus.
              I think SFX Bonus Weeks are great value and Mark has explained it more fully in the post above than I ever could.
              ... not enough time for all the timeshares ®

Comment

SFX has always asked me if I wanted to use a bonus week when my request was confirmed. For the first 7 or 8 years, I always used my bonus weeks and let the banked weeks accumulate. I stopped using bonus weeks 3 years ago because I had so many banked use weeks so I wanted to bring that number down. Also bonus weeks were much cheaper a few years ago though they are still a very good value.
                John

Comment

Originally posted by bigfrank
                  Just so everyone here is aware. We have a tool here on Timeshare forums that shows us when a member is using 2 ids and is posting from the same computer or has the same ip. It Turns out that Kola And George 07 are posting from the same computer. I will be looking into this further and will ask Kola or George to explain this here why this occured. If there is no explantion we will be closing both accounts untill we find out why this happened.

Kola tripped AE detector

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kola seems to have multiple personalities using George07 and Kola sharing the same computer. No soup for you! and you! and you!
                  Just a reminder that these 2 posters above are one and have not come back to explain why they did it, I have PMed them and have not gotten a reply.
                  Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

Working...
                  X