You cannot search past the expiration of your membership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You cannot search past the expiration of your membership

Hi Mark. Am so happy SFX has online search - was a key reason I deposited with you again.

I am having a problem tho - I am getting the following error message You cannot search past the expiration of your membership (5/17/2011). Please select a valid date or extend your membership.

This is because I have a
    Membership Type: Platinum Trial Membership
    Account Number: xxxxxxx
    Expiration Date: 5/17/2011

While that is true, I also have a gold membership with bonus and exchange weeks way past that date. I was searching for things in 2012 if that makes a difference. I had successfully been able to search in Oct 11 without this problem. I hope you can pass on to your team to correct.

Thanks

Originally posted by aleksir
    Hi Mark. Am so happy SFX has online search - was a key reason I deposited with you again.

I am having a problem tho - I am getting the following error message You cannot search past the expiration of your membership (5/17/2011). Please select a valid date or extend your membership.

This is because I have a

While that is true, I also have a gold membership with bonus and exchange weeks way past that date. I was searching for things in 2012 if that makes a difference. I had successfully been able to search in Oct 11 without this problem. I hope you can pass on to your team to correct.

Thanks
    Aleksir - Thank you for your post. I will pass this on to management, and back to you on Monday.

Thanks,
    Mark @sfx
    Member Communications
    SFX Video

Comment

This is because I have a

Thanks
      Hi Aleksir - Would you be kind enough to Private Message me your name and account number please? Also, if you understand your message correctly, you have two memberships, Gold and Platinum?

If so, please provide both account numbers, and I can look into this for you.

Thanks,
      Mark @sfx
      Member Communications
      SFX Video

Comment

This is because I have a

Thanks
        Hi Aleksir - Thank you for your PM with more information. You only have a Trial Platinum membership with us, not a Gold Membership. The Trial Platinum should give you a search window of one year out effective of the day you signed up for it. So... if you signed up in February 2011, as of that day, you could have search out a 1 year window. The 1 year clock starts on your sign-up day.

Another example.... if you do a search in May (prior to May 17th, the expiration date of the Trial membership)... there will be approximately a 9 month outreach into the future for your search.

A full Platinum Membership allows you to search 18 months into the future from any point in time (providing your membership is paid and current through the search period).

Please try another search and let me know if you can search past the May 17, 2011 date.

Hope this helps...

Thanks,
        Mark @sfx
        Member Communications
        SFX Video

Comment

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the info but I'm still

I guess when I deposited my 2010 exchange I signed up for a free Platinum trial membership - but I have been a member of SFX for several years as a Gold (free) member. I have 2 bonus weeks that expire in 2012 and my 2010 deposit that expires in 2013. With my basic Gold membership I'm supposed to be able to exchange 1 year out. Today is 3/16/11 and I'm doing a search for 3/3/12 (+- 3 days) - within 1 year from today. I get the expiration error message.

Other things I've noticed. My bonus weeks are valid through 2/16/2012 but I am using my 10/2/2013 deposit as my search credit. I search for 2/4/2012 +/- 3 days and get results. Same for +/- 7 days. At +/- 14 days I get the expiration error - as if they system is using my bonus week expiration date instead of my selected deposit.

Comment

Originally posted by aleksir View Post
            Hi Mark,

Thanks for the info but I'm still

I guess when I deposited my 2010 exchange I signed up for a free Platinum trial membership - but I have been a member of SFX for several years as a Gold (free) member. I have 2 bonus weeks that expire in 2012 and my 2010 deposit that expires in 2013. With my basic Gold membership I'm supposed to be able to exchange 1 year out. Today is 3/16/11 and I'm doing a search for 3/3/12 (+- 3 days) - within 1 year from today. I get the expiration error message.

Other things I've noticed. My bonus weeks are valid through 2/16/2012 but I am using my 10/2/2013 deposit as my search credit. I search for 2/4/2012 +/- 3 days and get results. Same for +/- 7 days. At +/- 14 days I get the expiration error - as if they system is using my bonus week expiration date instead of my selected deposit.
            Hi Aleksir - I can see what the problem is. The Trial gives you a one year search window in which to search as of the day you signed up for it, not one year from today.

So, if you signed up in February of 2011 (which I believe you did), you can only search one year out up to February 2012. It's one year as of your sign up date, not today's date then one year out.

(Please try any search for January 2012 and let me know if you still get that expiration error).

I am trying to convince management to change this to be effective to search one year out as of the day you are searching, up to the expiration date of the trial membership. This will give you what you are trying to accomplish. (Will know by tomorrow).

Thanks,
            Mark @sfx
            Member Communications
            SFX Video

Comment

Working...
            X