Exchange fee is more than the rental fee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange fee is more than the rental fee

I would like to exchange to a week with a check-in date 10 days away from today. The listed rental price for this week on the Platinum Interchange site is $199. The Platinum Interchange agent told me the total exchange fee will be $226 because I also need to pay the $97 upgrade fee for a 2-bedroom unit . Does my week worth something? Can the upgrade fee be wavied in this case?

Thanks!
    rentaweek
    Posting Member
    Last edited by rentaweek; 10-29-2012, 06:07 PM.

Originally posted by rentaweek View Post
    I would like to exchange to a week with a check-in date 10 days away from today. The listed rental price for this week on the Platinum Interchange site is $199. The Platinum Interchange agent told me the total exchange fee will be $226 since it is a 2-bedroom unit because I also need to pay the $97 upgrade fee. Does my week worth something? Can the upgrade fee be wavied in this case?

Thanks!

We recommend that you book it as a Rental for only $199.00 plus tax, since the exchange fee and any applicable upgrade fees are set fees. Please check the Exchange Info page on the Platinum Interchange website for more details.
    Please contact us as soon as possible to confirm it for you.
    Steve
    Platinum Interchange
    1.800.854.2324 ext 102

Comment

We do not want to book it as a rental. My week is going to expire soon, so I can only exchange to this 2-bedroom week if the upgrade fee will be waived. Since it is only 10 days from the check-in date, your week may not be rented by others either. When a week in your inventory goes unused, it loses income for Platinum Interchange too. We also think the upgrade fee rule does not make sense, when the exchange fee is more than the rental fee. Would you please reconsider my request and make it a win-win situation? Thanks.

Comment

Please call Sandra at 1-800-854-2324 ext 102, so we can review your account.

Thank you,
        Steve
        Platinum Interchange
        1.800.854.2324 ext 102

Comment

Working...
        X