Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

does DAE respond to your complaints and inquiries?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does DAE respond to your complaints and inquiries?

I am having a problem with my upcoming exchange.

I emailed DAE about two weeks ago regarding reports on Tug that cockroaches had invaded their unit at Beso Del Sol, where I am expected to check in on Friday and got no response.

I called the resort and inquired about the one bedroom sleep 4, I was told it slept two but would get an air mattress or cot if we were expecting two more guests.

then I received a call from the resort asking how many were in our party. When i inquired I discovered that we were being moved to a studio for the weekend, one with no kitchen and a dorm sized refrigerator, and that we would be moved again on Sunday. I do not like this idea at all, and it is rather late to cancel our plans. I have a call and email into DAE and hope to hear from them

last year I exchanged into a lovely unit with a full kitchen elsewhere, and discovered upon arrival that the unit was not equipped with cookware and some basic dishware. I called on Saturday and did not hear from DAE til Wednesday afternoon, at which point the week was almost over.

What do you who are more experienced with DAE think I should do about this situation.

Originally posted by rapmarks View Post
    I am having a problem with my upcoming exchange.

I emailed DAE about two weeks ago regarding reports on Tug that cockroaches had invaded their unit at Beso Del Sol, where I am expected to check in on Friday and got no response.

I called the resort and inquired about the one bedroom sleep 4, I was told it slept two but would get an air mattress or cot if we were expecting two more guests.

then I received a call from the resort asking how many were in our party. When i inquired I discovered that we were being moved to a studio for the weekend, one with no kitchen and a dorm sized refrigerator, and that we would be moved again on Sunday. I do not like this idea at all, and it is rather late to cancel our plans. I have a call and email into DAE and hope to hear from them

last year I exchanged into a lovely unit with a full kitchen elsewhere, and discovered upon arrival that the unit was not equipped with cookware and some basic dishware. I called on Saturday and did not hear from DAE til Wednesday afternoon, at which point the week was almost over.

What do you who are more experienced with DAE think I should do about this situation.
    I've had not problems with DAE - I work with Elsa who has been very responsive.

Strange about Beso del Sol - we're going in December - seems odd behavior.
    They are closed on weekends, I think, so it's hard for them to answer then...

Keep us posted.
    JOAN
    7 years of fulltime timesharing, only 6-7 months, now based in Puyallup, WA
    www.ronandjoanjourney@blogspot.com

Comment

I would call DAE again and demand they at the very least make sure you get our 1 BR unit or even better, move you to a different resort.

Bug infestation can happen but downgrading your unit is not acceptable.
      Pat
      *** My Website ***

Comment

I have had several calls with both DAE and Beso del Sol, all I get is an apology, a studio with a dorm refrigerator for the weekend, and a promise to help us move .
        I just had two weeks of company, have so many leftovers, and also plan to close up Florida house less than two weeks after we get back, so wanted to get rid of food out of refrigerator and freezer. Pretty disappointed with DAE.

Comment

I have contacted both the resort and DAE, Dae doesn't think it is a problem to take a studio. I am disappointed, I traded a two bedroom, accepted a one bedroom, which is what I wanted.

Comment

I just got a call from Brandon at DAE and they are looking to find me other accommodations in the area.

Comment

That seems appropriate.

Comment

at Ruskin Florida, Resort at Little Harbor, nice place, but very little to do in area.

Comment

Originally posted by rapmarks View Post
                  at Ruskin Florida, Resort at Little Harbor, nice place, but very little to do in area.
                  What size unit? Is it comparable to what you had? Are they giving you your deposit back for the inconvenience?

Sorry you are not happy with the area but at least you are not crammed into a studio.
                  Pat
                  *** My Website ***

Comment

This is a lovely resort, we have a one bedroom with a partial kitchen instead of a full kitchen we originally had. It is a very quiet area, pretty removed from everything on a Harbor on Tampa Bay. we did not get a room with a view, but it has a huge verandah with comfortable seating area that allow great views of the harbor.
                    it has a beach on tampa bay, but storms are coming in very windy and thunderstorms predicted all week.
                    we are planning a trip to Sarasota Ringling Museum today, about one hour drive. we will have to do some driving if we plan to do anything, this area is out of the way..
                    If you want a weekend getaway or want to extend your trip in the area for a few days, this is a great place. If you have a boat, it would be great here.

Comment

our last day at Little Harbor, we have mostly chilled here, enjoying the free chairs and umbrella on the beach. WE have had a good stay here, so glad that DAE found us something.

Comment

Glad it worked out for you.

Comment

Working...
                        X