• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bobo
    Me too

June 20, 2009: 01-Aug-2009 to 31-Aug-2012 [152,656]

Jan 26, 2010: 01-Aug-2009 to 31-Aug-2012 [158,655]

But seems to be much less of what I'd actually want.
    You know you aren't seeing to August, 2012, don't you?
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

• This morning with a trader that sees just about everything available I see only four HGVC's for SW Fl all in primetime hurricane season.

The numbers are up to about ~ 163k units available over the next 2 years but not a whole bunch of anything I'd want in a season I'd want to go.

I sure miss the bad old days when on occasion I could see HGVC South Beach or some caribbean that wasn't in summer. I always kept RCI because of the northeast, S Cal and caribbean selections but between 1 - in x and the very rare deposits it isn't proving worthwhile.
      Lawren
      ------------------------
      There are many wonderful places in the world, but one of my favourite places is on the back of my horse.
      - Rolf Kopfle

Comment

• Thanx for the update.

I am considering asking RCI some questions, hopefully on behalf of all members, and I need some assistance.

I need some current figures . . . total exchanges available for the next 24 months and total exchanges available in FL/Southern Gulf Coast for the next 24 months.

I need it from the best traders, so if someone could post this request OY, with a link to here, I will be forever indebted.

TIA
        RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

• Not easily done because one sees the 5 months the other does not. (there isn't any availablity until May of this year but one has to be concise and report what is or isn't there anyway) The 162k is a composite of 2 different deposits, same resort and same deposit month of course deposited at over a year out for each.

The numbers I'm reporting are for exchange only.

All Deposits [161,933]

01-Jul-2008 to 31-Jul-2011 [136,626]
          01-Jul-2009 to 31-Jul-2012 [158,724]

Florida [14204]
          Southern Gulf Coast [294]

May 2010 [6]
          June 2010 [4]
          July 2010 [19]
          August 2010 [32]
          September 2010 [30]
          October 2010 [21]
          November 2010 [15]
          December 2010 [19]
          January 2011 [1]
          April 2011 [4]
          May 2011 [19]
          June 2011 [10]
          July 2011 [24]
          August 2011 [28]
          September 2011 [21]
          October 2011 [19]
          November 2011 [9]
          December 2011 [12]

Of those only 4 are HGVC. Also note the glaring absence of ANYTHING prior to May of this year and the ONE unit available for Jan2011, which I wouldn't willingly stay at:

Marco Resort and Club (#1861) 1 available unit
          Marco Island
          FL, 34145
          USA

map resort Available Unit Size
          1 BR (4 max)

Check-In Date
          15-Jan-2011
          Lawren
          ------------------------
          There are many wonderful places in the world, but one of my favourite places is on the back of my horse.
          - Rolf Kopfle

Comment

• Originally Posted by Bobo
            Me too

Originally posted by JLB View Post
            You know you aren't seeing to August, 2012, don't you?
            I do think I know that.... the range of the weeks is what I've listed.

Hey - is it really true you are still using Windows 95?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobo
              Originally Posted by Bobo
              Me too

I do think I know that.... the range of the weeks is what I've listed.

Hey - is it really true you are still using Windows 95?
              Acutally 98.

Do you think I would find the missing SW FL stuff with a newer version?

Comment

• Originally posted by JLB
                Acutally 98.

Do you think I would find the missing SW FL stuff with a newer version?
                No, its going to take more than that to see those... I can't see anything decent in my pacific nw area other than winter. Used to see alot of units in may-early june and august-sept but very few pickings now. I do think the overall recession is adding to this; timeshare MFs would have to be at the low end of the pecking order if you are having money problems; so with RCI's "vision" and recession we get much less to choose from.

On the win98 OS, we have even banned windows 2000 from our organization as its just not safe and there are no more upgrades from MS for it. Its also very slow. I can't imagine the kind of slowness you're getting on even older ms win98 with some of these web pages, as they're all using java and flash which really needs the processing power to render fast and correctly. Here's a great deal from Dell on a new system. Not that Dell is any better than anyone else but they are big enough to probably be around for the next few years.

Comment

• Our last upgrade, DW's LT, is Dell. I'm on it now. Ooops, here she comes . . . .

Comment

• Back to the topic, our trading power must not be all that bad, or are these not that big a deal any more?

Holiday Inn Club Vacations at Orange Lake Resort - River Island (#8881) 2 BR 8 (6)

Holiday Inn Club Vacations at Orange Lake Resort - East Village (#8896) 3 BR 12 (8)

Comment

• well something has happened.....for the first time since the last enhancement I saw some very nice properties in the caribbean for exchange. Not peak season for the most part but really nice shoulder weeks.

ETA There has been no change in Europe, yet. Not a whole lot and not when the average person would want to go.
                      Lawren
                      ------------------------
                      - Rolf Kopfle

Comment

• Originally posted by lawren2
                        well something has happened.....for the first time since the last enhancement I saw some very nice properties in the caribbean for exchange. Not peak season for the most part but really nice shoulder weeks.

ETA There has been no change in Europe, yet. Not a whole lot and not when the average person would want to go.
                        You have to watch Europe very closely. I got lucky with a Venice week in shoulder season, and I have seen a handful of decent weeks here and there but there are not many of them and they do not last long. Much different from a few years ago. UK resorts with quite a range of dates during decent times of the year then, but now have none at all at those resorts.

I have had three good summer weeks offered to me in the last couple of months in the UK and two in France from DAE, but my summer planning has had to be put on hold until we see what happens with the elections here.
                        Thanks to an unexpected turn in politics here, I had to cancel my summer t/s weeks in Poland and Hungary last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carolinian
                          You have to watch Europe very closely.
                          Same as SW FL, then.

Comment

• Well today there was nothing to brag about in the carribean but I saw two nice shoulder weeks for Europe. Nice and 30km outside Rome. Edinburgh was there as well but in February...

I grabbed myself a July Nice week a while back (after the recent unpleasantness in May) for 2011. So they do still make it into the system albeit much more rarely than before.

Now if my friends at RCI would go back to regularly depositing things that have been available for years like Morritts Grand I'd be happier. The other irksome thing is I'm running out of places to stay in SCal between lack of deposits and 1-in-4 rules that cut a huge swath of resorts out of the exchange picture for 4 years.
                            Lawren
                            ------------------------
                            - Rolf Kopfle

Comment

• Originally posted by lawren2
                              Now if my friends at RCI would go back to regularly depositing things that have been available for years like Morritts Grand I'd be happier. The other irksome thing is I'm running out of places to stay in SCal between lack of deposits and 1-in-4 rules that cut a huge swath of resorts out of the exchange picture for 4 years.
                              Ah. The GP cartel.

No, there is no colusion among RCI and it's affilaites. They operate totally separate, as if the other does not exist.

Well, except for when they need the other to blame things on.

A very cozy and convenient relationship.

Whatever happened to the trustbusting days of yore?

Comment

• The numbers took a big hit today.

Yesterday (or earlier today), my big number was over 150K. Now it is [145,826].

FL is down from over 13K to under 12.5K.

SGC is at 253, down from 270.

But, SGC Jan 2012 is the highest it has been . . . 1.

Comment

Working...
                                X