No announcement yet.

How Big Is Yours?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most of the millions of timeshare owners would not do all the stuff we did . . . check availability several times a day, compare notes with others every day, etc.

They have a life.

They would give it a shot however they were told to . . . online, calling in, ongoing search, etc. . . . it would work for them or not work for them, and that would be that.
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

• This morning for S Gulf Coast

April 2010 [1]
      May 2010 [9]
      June 2010 [11]
      July 2010 [20]
      August 2010 [38]
      September 2010 [34]
      October 2010 [25]
      November 2010 [13]
      December 2010 [21]
      April 2011 [6]
      May 2011 [16]
      June 2011 [13]
      July 2011 [19
      Lawren
      ------------------------
      There are many wonderful places in the world, but one of my favourite places is on the back of my horse.
      - Rolf Kopfle

Comment

• 16 Resorts (265 available units)

April 2010 [1]
        May 2010 [4]
        June 2010 [6]
        July 2010 [17]
        August 2010 [35]
        September 2010 [34]
        October 2010 [24]
        November 2010 [11]
        December 2010 [14]
        April 2011 [4]
        May 2011 [16]
        June 2011 [13]
        July 2011 [19]
        August 2011 [20]
        September 2011 [17]
        October 2011 [17]
        November 2011 [8]
        December 2011 [5]

A far cry from the 600 pre-5/30.
        RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

• Not to worry they've been replaced by Hyatt hotel rooms.
          Lawren
          ------------------------
          There are many wonderful places in the world, but one of my favourite places is on the back of my horse.
          - Rolf Kopfle

Comment

• ?

I have been following this and similar threads for quite a while. I applaud the dedication of those that participate. It takes a lot of discipline to check availability every week let alone daily. But I am not sure I understand the exercise. Are these searches done with the same deposit every time? If not are they done with deposits of like quality. If not what do the results really tell us?
            Even if they are done with same unit if people decide to complete their trades earlier or later in a given year would that not skew the result one way or another? Usually I have a pretty good idea where I would like to go 2 years in advance but if a good airfare comes up I may add a week or two that year.
            If weeks are used to fill ongoing searches I assume they never show up on your search so how do you account for that inventory. If a unit is deposited as a point for deposit (I think I have the right terminology) I assume this will also not show. So even if the same # of units from a given resort are deposited how they are deposited will affect results.
            I appreciate all the data I am just not sure what to do with it as there seem to be to many variables to do much good.

For whatever it is worth

18 month search with Scottsdale Villa Mirage had 111 available

Weeks resorts searched with my points account have 262 available through 12/31/2010

Comment

• For many years I did identical daily searches of SW FL with identical top traders. Mostly it was the same deposit(s), the top traderness determined by comparison with others on the Internet.

This sorta stuff was first brought to my attention in 1999, in a trading power test. I believe I started my daily study in March,2002, for January, 2004 . . . the date's posted in my SF FL in January thread.

In my many years of documenting was always apples to apples.

Eventually it was a change in the search parameters by the exchange company that ended that study.

As you can see by numbers posted above, it is pretty easy to compare trading power.

Before the search engine provided numbers for everyone, we had numbers for ourselves.

Comment

• The only number(s) that really mean anything are for what you want.

When your desired area goes from 600 to 230 (which it did 5/30/09) and for your specific date(s) to 0, then it is meaningful.

When you have to wait until 14 days before your check-in date, instead of being able to see stuff 20 months out, then it is meaningful.

The other 143000 possible exchanges are meaningless.

Comment

• I notice that the OP does not say exactly why I started this thread.

I did because during the 5/30 website enhancement at RCI a significant number of exchanges disappeared. We had been discussing the website enhancement debacle in other threads, so I started this one to focus on the disappeared inventory.

That is mentioned, but not until Post 23, I believe.

Counsel for the plaintiff in the classaction lawsuit told me that RCI admitted the disappearance in Court, blamed it on a glitch, and said they were working on it.

Feedback initially told me they would work on it when the website calmed down. Subsequently they said that all exchanges were visibile, adding, why would they not be since that is that is how they make their money?

Now, searching with All Deposits, the same deposits as pre-5/30 Black Saturday, I am seeing 143000 exchanges for the next 24 months. Pre-5/30, it was 165000-170000.

Yes, my deposits have been devalued (after deposited, which is a first), but the best traders are not seeing the numbers of pre-5/30.

As to specific areas, SW FL, which I search every day, went from 630-ish to 230-ish, to, now 260-ish. What has disappeared is the Top 22 SW FL resorts, HGVCs and Sanibel/Captiva mostly. Those are only appearing in the 14-Day Window.

There are other threads discussing that, breaking down the specifics.

http://www.timeshareforums.com/forum...ilability.html

Comment

• [147,420]

As high as it's been since the 170000 prior to 5/30 Black Saturday.

Comment

• Originally posted by JLB View Post
                      [147,420]

As high as it's been since the 170000 prior to 5/30 Black Saturday.
                      People are paying their m/f's and depositing. That is why it is going up, as one would expect at this time of year.

Comment

• yup.

Comment

• Mine's getting bigger , up to 151,900.

But not what and where we want.

Comment

• must be all the extension supplements.

I'm not trusting the numbers too heavily there are quite a few phantoms this morning but I have been watching a pretty steady increase in the numbers fwiw. That and a dollar will get you a cup of coffee.
                            Lawren
                            ------------------------
                            - Rolf Kopfle

Comment

• Originally posted by lawren2 View Post
                              That and a dollar will get you a cup of coffee.
                              Already have one (cup of coffee).

Comment

• Originally posted by JLB View Post
                                Mine's getting bigger , up to 151,900.

But not what and where we want.
                                Me too

June 20, 2009: 01-Aug-2009 to 31-Aug-2012 [152,656]

Jan 26, 2010: 01-Aug-2009 to 31-Aug-2012 [158,655]

But seems to be much less of what I'd actually want.

Comment

Working...
                                X