My home resort is converting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My home resort is converting

My home resort is changing from RCI to II. Our week is points, can anyone tell me if they know how this exchanges in Interval International? We cannot seem to get any information on this. We need to decide if we stick with RCI or move. Thanks for any help.

What resort ?

Comment

Club Vacances Toutes Saison

Comment

Your best course of action is to contact your resort for details about how it will be done.

That being said, when point based systems connect with whole weeks exchange systems, the process typically work in one of the following ways.

1. The owner uses their points to reserve a week, then deposits the week with the exchange company. Since the exchange company generally deals in whole weeks, the owner needs to secure a full, 7-night reservation.

2. The owner lets the resort know that they want to make a deposit to the exchange company, the resort deposits a week with the exchange company, and the deposited week is credited to the owners account. The resort charges the owner the points required for the deposited week.

3. When the owner accesses their account at the exchange company, they have the option of using their points for an exchange. The number of points required for various exchanges will show when doing a search.
        “Maybe you shouldn't dress like that.”

“This is a blouse and skirt. I don't know what you're talking about.”

“You shouldn't wear that body.”

Comment

The resort may assign you a week for deposit with II. They may also try to sell you the relatively new II points system. I'm not that familiar with The II points system, but when I first encountered it at my home resort, it looked fairly good, but I'm not a fan of points and, of course, getting into it is not free.

Comment

Thank you T.R., this is helpful. At the moment we are told that we are not obligated to switch, but the time will come. I want to at least have some knowledge of II. It took me a few years before I figured out how to navigate RCI comfortably! I like the flexibility of points, but change is always scary. D.

Comment

Generally if you have a deeded ownership (not a membership), they can't make you change ever. If you have a membership type and they aren't making all members change immediately, it is likely they can't make you change although they can make it more difficult to stay with the non preferred exchange company. For example Wyndham owners who exchange through II have been strongly encouraged to change to RCI to the point where they have to periodically send something in writing to Wyndham not to be autochanged to RCI. True membership ownerships like DVC don't give owners any choice if the club changes all members immediately have to change all future deposits although they allowed members to use any deposits already made.

Interval has both a points and a weeks type membership. Some resorts that make the change elect to use interval points but they charge owners who want to change from RCI to Interval points a fairly large conversion fee. If a conversion fee is required they can't make you change in any case.

Comment

If you own your deed with RCI points you should be able to stay in RCI points.
                I own at a resort in RCI points and it's dual affiliated with RCI and II.
                Every year my points are deposited into my account by the resort.
                It's not been a problem so far.
                Not sure how it will play out in Canada though.
                Keep us posted on how it goes.

Comment

Thanks for the responses. I will have to look at our original documents to see if they are deeded, as we bought this from a friend many years ago. So far we have been told that we can stay for the time being with RCI, and nothing will change without our permission. I will keep you all posted!

Comment

I couldn't find your resort in the new II directory or their online directory, so it will be a while before it would be advisable to switch to II. Many resorts that do the switch remain dual affiliated, which makes it a bit easier for former owners that don't want to switch.

Comment

Hi Tony, They are still in the negotiating process.

Comment

A few years ago my home resort (II affiliated) wanted to dual affiliate with RCI. After some investigation and negotiations, they dropped the idea.

Comment

Working...
                        X