RCI Extra Vacations and Last Calls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RCI Extra Vacations and Last Calls

I'm surprised there is not more interest in EVs and LCs. Most folks seem to be just concerned about what they own or what they exchange for with what they deposit.

Granted EVs and LCs are not available to every resort, but the selection is normally good.

I was talking online with a Branson owner at Stormy Point Village who was fed a line of BS about getting weeks other than what they own, or exchanging. With $1000 maintenance fee, plus an exchange company membership, plus an exchange fee, that makes a $269 Last Call, or even a $549 EV a bargain.

Last Calls are just for the next 60 days, so my window on them is full:

Browse 582 available RCI Affiliated Resorts. (5,125 Available Units)

Here's a sample:

The Villas at Summer Bay Orlando by Exploria Resorts (#5995) »
    Clermont, FL 34714, USA
    Check-In Date Range
    04-Sep-2016 - 25-Sep-2016
    4 check-in nights available
    Price USD 319.00
    2 Bedrooms 6 (4) Full Sun 04-Sep-2016 Sun 11-Sep-2016 USD 319.00

LCs have been $269 the past week, and sometimes are as low as $219.

You can use a Guest Certificate for them, too.

You don't have to own anything, any more, to continue using LCs and EVs.

If we could just take our dog and cats!!!!!
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Even some of the really, really nice resorts:

Bluegreen Wilderness Club at Big Cedar (#6311) »
    Ridgedale, MO 65739, USA
    Check-In Date Range
    23-Sep-2016
    1 check-in day available
    Price USD 269.00
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

I'm tied to the school calendar for the next 5 years, so I can't use most of these weeks. I have booked them in the past for long weekends. At that price, it's worth it even if you only stay 3 nights.
      Jacki

Comment

I have not deposited in years, but have snagged several great EV & LC vacations. We got a 2 bedroom Grand Mayan for Thanksgiving next year in Nuevo Vallarta for $500 - the MF for that are more than $1000. We got a week at the Buganvilias (2-bedroom) for $599 this year to add to our already scheduled fixed week - that is $100 less than a Bonus week at the resort was last year.

We have also snagged some great Get-A-Ways on Interval and do not even own an II resort any more! .
        Phyllis

Comment

Originally posted by pittle View Post
          I have not deposited in years, but have snagged several great EV & LC vacations. We got a 2 bedroom Grand Mayan for Thanksgiving next year in Nuevo Vallarta for $500 - the MF for that are more than $1000. We got a week at the Buganvilias (2-bedroom) for $599 this year to add to our already scheduled fixed week - that is $100 less than a Bonus week at the resort was last year.

We have also snagged some great Get-A-Ways on Interval and do not even own an II resort any more! .
          There you go!!!

So why don't more, and why is it not talked up more on Internet forums, do you think?

Like I said, the focus, and the talk, now, and always, has been on buying where you want to go, or how to get a great exchange, each option costing a maintenance fee.

The exchange companies have always had excess inventory, and deals for it.

Comment

They've stopped putting Atlantic Florida beach resorts in last call so I stopped using them. The extra vacations are too expensive. Cheaper to do an II exchange or even an Rci exchange for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Daytona Beach Shores [1]
              Deland [9]
              Lehigh Acres [6]
              Ormond Beach [3]
              Poinciana [21]
              Sebring [9]
              Titusville [13]
              Weston [58

Not being able to get what we want is the reason we stopped exchanging.

But, we can not get what we want for a lot less not using EVs and LCs.

But, if we decided to go where we really don't want to, LCs would be the ticket.

There are a lot of LCs to locations some people consider to be popular destinations . . . the normal suspects.

Clermont [6]
              Davenport [1]
              Kissimmee [254]
              Orlando [7]

If we did not have pets, we would be using LCs in the Winter.

Comment

Originally posted by JLB View Post
                Not being able to get what we want is the reason we stopped exchanging.

But, we can not get what we want for a lot less not using EVs and LCs.
                That's tongue-in-cheek humor, but to explain myself to those who have come along more recently, we traded into SW FL in January (Snowbird Season) for many years. I started searching while we were there each year, for two years later. I searched every day, and documented what I saw.

It just so happens that I was doing that during the timeframe that good stuff was disappearing from RCI, with much speculation on the part of those of us talking to each other on the Internet.

Here is an old post where I illustrated the decline:
                - - - - - -
                11-06-2005, 08:56 AM
                JLB
                --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of My Occassional Summaries

All figures for SW Florida:

January, 2004--Peak availability was 14 resorts, at 18 and 16 months out. At a year out there were 7-10 available.

January, 2005--Peak was 12 resorts, at 21 months out, and 13 resorts, at 17 and 18 months out. At one year out there were only 1 or 2 available.

January, 2006--Peak was 9 resorts, at 21 months out. At a year out there were 2-5 available.

January, 2007--Peak was 9 resorts, at 21, 20 and 16 months out.

The lesser resorts, what I refer to as the normal suspects, are the ones that continue to be available. The better resorts, the GCs and RIDs are the ones that have disappeared. For January, 2004, there were GCs and RIDs on the beach available 9 times. For subsequent years just once of twice. For January, 2007, only two have been available.
                - - - - - -
                Nowadays, there are never any resorts available in Snowbird Season that were in the SW FL subregion back then. To compensate, RCI now includes Lehigh Resort Club in that subregion, when it used to be in, and is in reality in "Inland."

Comment

Wyndham Cypress Palms (#3995) »
                  Kissimmee, FL 34746, USA
                  Check-In Date Range
                  09-Sep-2016 - 30-Sep-2016
                  3 check-in nights available
                  Price USD 294.00

Comment

Working...
                  X