No announcement yet.

RCI Scheduled Closure On Friday August 9 at 8 p.m. ET until Monday August 12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RCI Scheduled Closure On Friday August 9 at 8 p.m. ET until Monday August 12

RCI Scheduled Closure

On Friday August 9 at 8 p.m. ET, RCI will be closed for scheduled system maintenance. During this time, the RCI contact center and online systems will be unavailable. We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your patience. RCI will reopen and resume normal business operations on Monday, August 12, 2013.
    Lawren
    ------------------------
    There are many wonderful places in the world, but one of my favourite places is on the back of my horse.
    - Rolf Kopfle

You always wonder what is up on these long closures at RCI. Sometimes it is nothing to worry about. Other times bad things happen for members. Those of you still dealing with RCI for exchanges had better keep your fingers crossed.

Comment

I think I will print out my confirmations just to be on the safe side ...

Comment

Carolinian, at least they didn't use the word "enhancements"!

Yikes! I'm editing after reading my e-mail from RCI. They are now promising "exciting new benefits". Hmmm.

Dori
        Dori
        Last edited by Dori; 08-07-2013, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dori View Post
          Carolinian, at least they didn't use the word "enhancements"!
          But they did say:

RCI will be temporarily closed for business over this coming weekend, as we launch exciting new benefits for our RCI® subscribing members.

In order for us to upgrade our systems, RCI.com and our call centers will be temporarily unavailable.

Comment

I just saw on RCI.com they are calling it enhancements now:

Due to new product and service enhancements being introduced, RCI.com will be unavailable during the following times:

Comment

Just kill us now.....

Joy
              “ Peace, if it ever exists, will not be based on the fear of war but on the love of peace. ”

— Herman Wouk

Comment

Ill Bet it is using your trade points plus cash to get a better trade
                like if you have 16 available and need 18 it is an extra $ 50
                This would be revenue enhancement for RCI and increase trades for those with lesser resorts

Comment

I have noticed recently that the number of exchanges available in Hawaii is less than half of normal, only 372 this morning. Perhaps these exchanges (and other prime exchanges) are being held back pending this "enhancement." ???

Comment

I thought it might just be the annual power down but it appears we are getting new products AND enhancements:

Due to new product and service enhancements being introduced, RCI.com will be unavailable during the following times: North America - Thursday, Aug 8th, 2013 at 11:30 PM EDT through Monday 12th Aug, 2013 at 12:01 PM EDT. Europe - Friday 9th Aug, 2013 at 4:30 BST through Monday 12th Aug, 2013 at 5:01 BST. South Africa - Friday Aug 9th, 2013 at 5:30 AM SAST through Monday Aug 12th, 2013 at 6:01 AM SAST. India - Friday Aug 9th, 2013 at 09:00 AM IST through Monday Aug 12th, 2013 at 9:31 AM IST. Asia - 11:30 AM SGT on Friday 9th, Aug through to 9:00 AM SGT Tuesday 13th Aug. Australia - 1:30 PM EST Friday 9th Aug through to 8:00 AM EST Tuesday 13th Aug.
                    Lawren
                    ------------------------
                    There are many wonderful places in the world, but one of my favourite places is on the back of my horse.
                    - Rolf Kopfle

Comment

BBQ on this forum as well eh.

Comment

I got this information about the RCI Registry Collection:

On Friday, August 9, 2013, through Sunday, August 11, 2013, The Registry Collection will be conducting system maintenance to our reservations systems.

During this time, our offices will be closed. We apologize for any inconvenience. Our Reservation Consultants will be available to assist you with your account activity on Monday, August 12th. Our hours of operation are M-F 8am - 9pm EDT, Sat 9:30am - 6pm EDT, closed on Sunday.
                        Phyllis

Comment

I guess we'll see what we get on Monday. Good luck everyone.
                          Lawren
                          ------------------------
                          - Rolf Kopfle

Comment

Originally posted by joycapecod View Post
                            Just kill us now.....

Joy
                            Yup
                            Pat
                            *** My Website ***

Comment

Sounds like a change in their point system, probably an increase in the number of points you need to make an exchange.

or RCI is having a BBQ and casual dress for their over work employees on Friday.

Comment

Working...
                              X