Exchange Request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exchange Request

I placed my first exchange request with II tonight. I was asked if I wanted to purchase e-plus. However, don't I get the chance to reject the exchange if it doesn't suit me?
    I was not able to put in the exact dates I wanted due to the system default, and I had to extend the last checkin date. If I receive a match for that date I won't be able to accept it.
    It says I can be confirmed without contact.
    Will they email me a notice that I have matched, or do I just keep having to check my account?

thanks.
    Jacki

Originally posted by jackio View Post
    I placed my first exchange request with II tonight. I was asked if I wanted to purchase e-plus. However, don't I get the chance to reject the exchange if it doesn't suit me?
    I was not able to put in the exact dates I wanted due to the system default, and I had to extend the last checkin date. If I receive a match for that date I won't be able to accept it.
    It says I can be confirmed without contact.
    Will they email me a notice that I have matched, or do I just keep having to check my account?

thanks.
    Hi Jacki,

Not ask II person BUT

Don't buy EPlus until after you have your confirmation.....if you want to. It is not required and if you are happy with the exchange and unit size, you won't need it. On the other hand, you could think of it as insurance that if you can't go in the exchange, you could trade into something else for no additional fee up to three times.

II unlike RCI does not put units on hold, you are confirmed and then sent the confirmation email.
    You do have 24 hours to cancel and put your search back but you must do it by phone.

Now that your search is in place, call II and tell them exactly what dates will work...say the resort has Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday Monday checkin days. Only Friday Saturday Sunday would work for you. Call II and let them know you can ONLY take those three days not the 5 available. They will note it and most likely will not match you to the Monday checkin.

When you say that the exchange won't suit you, do you mean only the dates (as addressed above) or the resort as well.

If it is the resort, I ONLY put in a request for resorts I would take. I never put in a general search using an area .... Say "Aruba" -I would only out in the 5-7 resorts I would take.

Hope this helps.
    Pat
    *** My Website ***

Comment

Thanks Pat. I did only put in the resorts I wanted, I need to go on the school break week, but the program defaulted to dates that were too early. So then I had to change the dates to get a later check in date option, but that brought me in to the next week which is no good.
      I will call II today.
      Jacki

Comment

PS I don't think we have an ask II person from the company.
        Maybe the forum name can be changed to Ask about II?
        Jacki

Comment

I did call II today, and gave them the exact dates I was available. The rep said it was no problem. Thanks for the advice Pat.
          Now I hope it comes through for me. It is for Easter week.
          Still tied to that old school calendar!
          Jacki

Comment

Working...
          X