ACs not pulling the same

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACs not pulling the same

I have 2 ACs in my account. Both are on the grid. One is 2BR expiring 12/31. The newer one is 3BR expiring in February.

I am looking for Williamsburg in November. They both pull a 3BR unit at Kings Creek, but the cost for the 2Br to exchange is higher. I am assuming it is for the new size upgrade fee.

The 2BR will pull a 4BR at Colonial Crossing, for a fee of $419.
    So I figured that the 3BR will pull it for $99 less. This AC will not see any of the 4BRs.

Perhaps II doesn't want to let the 4BRs go for a cheaper price?
    Jacki

There are many different types of AC's with different exchange strengths and with different fees associated. Generally the ones you get for depositing a specific unit during the season that they requested has higher fees but can pull more inventory and has less restrictions. For example with that one you can set up an ongoing search for locations on the grid and it has a period when the grid drops off. It is still not as powerful as most deposits in terms of its pull. One of the ones with the least pull is the one you get for making booking a getaway or making an exchange during a specific promotion. Sometimes they are priced the same regardless of size but they have a grid that either never drops off or only drops off during the last 7 days and has very little pull be it 59 days out (the furthest it goes) or the day before check in.

There is also the "just because AC's"-expires Feb. I currently have one of those. It looks like the grid does not drop off and the exchange fee is $274 regardless of size.

I think its just that different AC's have different rules and reduced pull compared to a deposit not that larger units aren't available with AC's since the fee for size upgrades.

Comment

Thanks for clarifying. I knew some ACs were on the grid, and some were not, but I thought that all grid-locked ACs were created equal.
      Jacki

Comment

Not sure, but size may also be a factor. When I first looked at the title I was thinking that you might want to change/clean your filters or check the refrigerant pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyg View Post
          Not sure, but size may also be a factor. When I first looked at the title I was thinking that you might want to change/clean your filters or check the refrigerant pressure.
          Jacki

Comment

I wondered about this too....I get a couple of them each year, don't know why. I currently have a 3br expires Feb. also....don't know if we'll use it

Comment

Working...
            X