Vacation Village at Parkway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vacation Village at Parkway

We are in the process of acquiring a week at a beach resort from a couple who can't travel any more. They also have a week a Vacation Village at Parkway, and I told them I would see if anyone might want it.

They are mailing me the details.
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Toured there once in the late 90's. Looked like a decent resort right off the Irlo Bronson highway. Never seemed to get much respect in resale pricing for some unknown reason.

Comment

Yeah, it's one of the usual suspects I'm acquainted with.

The couple I'm working with bought a couple of timeshares for trading, and they can't do that any more.

I'll pass along the specifics when I get them, but I'm working with folks that are not into the electronic age, but are very helpful. She said she would mail me a copy of the deed for the one we are acquiring, and I said that would be fine. While we were talking, and found it online. I know being able to do that creeps some people out . . . they think you're snooping.

I'll see if I can do that for VV.
      RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

Pretty sure it's an RCI affiliate resort and part of the large VV (Berkely Group) group that includes the II affiliated Williamsburg Plantation as well as many other RCI resorts.

Comment

Week 23, 2 bedroom

Comment

Jim, I can't believe you are getting another timeshare.

Comment

Originally posted by rapmarks View Post
              Jim, I can't believe you are getting another timeshare.
              More like a free beach club.

We will be getting beach parking and access, beach furniture, a swimming pool, a hot tub, a chickee hut and BBQ grills 3 miles from home.

You've been there, in the icky, yucky unit.

Comment

Well - not exactly free.

Comment

Free enough.

Timeshares are great, just maybe not for timesharing.

Actually we have been considering this for five years, and this old-Florida resort is one where resales and rentals are tightly controlled by a local real estate firm. Then, suddenly, two weeks/two owners appear outside of that set-up.

Anyway, the Orlando week will be available, too.

Comment

There is one born every day (according to P. T. Barnum).
                    M. Henley

Comment

Originally posted by JLB View Post
                      More like a free beach club.

We will be getting beach parking and access, beach furniture, a swimming pool, a hot tub, a chickee hut and BBQ grills 3 miles from home.

You've been there, in the icky, yucky unit.
                      Yes, I remember it well, and not fondly. RCI moved us to Naples, and we ended up finding our house. I also remember a crowd coming for the sunset, owners on day passes.

Comment

Yes, I remember it well, and not fondly. RCI moved us to Naples, and we ended up finding our house. I also remember a crowd coming for the sunset, owners on day passes.
                        Well, there you go, making lemonade out of lemons.

Same with us>>>diminished availability through RCI led us to Sea Oats and Englewood, a mostly unspoiled area of SW Florida, which led us to our house (two of them now).

Related:

1. The reason for the heavy cigarette smoke odor in the unit you got passed away.
                        2. The parents of someone near and dear to some of us here, have offered their unit to us, one of two being offered. There's a good chance it is the unit you got.

Comment

I also remember a crowd coming for the sunset, owners on day passes.
                          I'm chuckling because that conjures up visions of our favorite swim-suit destroying resort on Siesta Key, and the crowd of locals snarfing down donuts at the Tuesday Welcome Breakfast, and our favorite Resident Manager hovering over the donut plate, making sure RCI guests don't take more than one. I still remember his name.

My how we digress. Fun isn't it

Comment

I don't know what was worse, the heavy smoke, the dirty dishes, one cup filled with cooking grease the dirty towels, the mold int he bathroom, the darkness of the unit, the fact that we could hear people on their balcony as if they were in the room (and very early at that), no it was the mirror behind the bed, and mirror on opposite wall, so when I sat up in bed I could see my mother's face in infinity, not that my mother looked that bad, she was just 26 years older than me.

Comment

Well, at least I don't see my mother's face when we're there. But I do see some old folks.

Remember your unit #? 105 or 205?

If you had not been relocated to Naples, you may be living in Englewood now.

Comment

Working...
                              X