Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Updated info regarding the automatic cancellation of late check ins..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updated info regarding the automatic cancellation of late check ins..

Updated info on late check ins: Previously I was told that in the event of a late check in- the reservation would be held for 48 hours before being canceled. That timeframe is no longer correct.. Reservations are canceled by the central system at 2am. This means for a reservation that checks in on Friday at 4pm, if the owner doesn't arrive by 2am Sunday morning (34 hours later) the reservation would be canceled and deleted. According to a front desk rep- there are no exceptions to this policy so phone calls and system notes no longer make any difference..
    my travel website: Vacation-Times.org.

"A vacation is what you take when you can no longer take what you’ve been taking."
    ~Earl Wilson

So, if someone has a problem that delays their arrival around 34 hours, their reservation will be cancelled even if they call to say they will be late ?

Comment

Can we doublecheck this? Just in Wyndham? That's crazy
      7 years of fulltime timesharing, only 6-7 months, now based in Puyallup, WA
      www.ronandjoanjourney@blogspot.com

Comment

It it is paid for then it should not be canceled, Are your funds returned and do you get your week back?
        Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Comment

For as long as I can remember they've had the policy set at 48 hours past check in. In the past, it didn't seem to be enforced although there were always a few stories from owners who would arrive late and find their reservation had been canceled. Those pretty much always ended the same with the front desk finding them something. The main problems were the fixed week/fixed unit owners who wanted their deeded units- and were upset to find other people occupying their deeded rooms. Now, since the inventory control system was updated and is primarily managed offsite- the ability for the resort front desk to manage these types of problems has been drastically diminished. When the central system updates- it deletes the reservations and I was told the front desk staff won't even see them.

The point I wanted people to be aware of is that evidently the 48 hour deadline isn't valid right now. The system updates at 2am, so that is effectively reducing that window to 34 hours. Hopefully, this is just a tech issue that was overlooked and will be corrected in time.
          my travel website: Vacation-Times.org.

"A vacation is what you take when you can no longer take what you’ve been taking."
          ~Earl Wilson

Comment

Working...
          X