What's up with legacy at wyndham.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's up with legacy at wyndham.

Sounds to good to be true. No money down. Turn in unused points for rent. They get 60 we vet 40. Offset maintenance fees. Paid off fully in 10 yrs with no morefees. You can exit out where now there is no end insight. Cost around 100 month. Reply quickly please.

Originally posted by shaggy View Post
    Sounds to good to be true. No money down. Turn in unused points for rent. They get 60 we vet 40. Offset maintenance fees. Paid off fully in 10 yrs with no morefees. You can exit out where now there is no end insight. Cost around 100 month. Reply quickly please.
    It sounds like you are getting the old razle dazel.

The only 60-40 deal I know about with Wyndham is Extra Holidays, Wyndhams rental program... You use your points to make reservations and turn them over to Extra Holidays to rent they keep 40% you get 60%
    Wyndham will sell you a points contract with no money down. There will be two loans, one from wyndham for 80% or 90% and the other on a new credit card or through pay pal credit

They are saying that the loan will be paid off in ten years with the proceeds from the rentals and there will be no more loan payments,
    There is no way to get around the maintenance fees

Its complete baloney There is no way it works. Even if you commit all your points to the program 60% of the rent is not enough to cover the loan payments and maintenance fees.

Comment

Not to mention Wyndham is taking plenty of contracts back through their Ovation program if you wanted to just give it back to them.
      Scott

Comment

Ron. Thanks for telling me what I was already thinking. I kept telling them it wouldn't work. I kept telling him no and I still will.

Comment

[QOTE=shaggy;600156]Ron. Thanks for telling me what I was already thinking. I kept telling them it wouldn't work. I kept telling him no and I still will.[/QUOTE]

They won't buy mine back because I bought resale

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy View Post
            [QOTE=shaggy;600156]Ron. Thanks for telling me what I was already thinking. I kept telling them it wouldn't work. I kept telling him no and I still will.
            They won't buy mine back because I bought resale[/QUOTE]

They will take back resale contracts too. If you purchased from the developer they will "buy" them back not for money, but for 3 years worth of points.. There is no compensation for resale contracts. Ive done several through ovation

Comment

You shouldn't be asking the sales department about an exit program for your current points at all. Sales Department answer for any problem that is real or one they made up for you is that you need to buy another contract. You need to contact the Ovations department and ask about a deed back not a buy back. There are reports of Ovations not accepting some resale contracts at this time (not on the current list of accepted resorts)- generally older resorts and those with higher MF's. There are also reports of those that bought retail into those resorts being offered a deed back but not 3 years of use with no MF. Accepted ovation resorts are always changing and if you received a "no" you can always call again a few months later and ask again.

Comment

Thanks Sally & Ron. You guys are so helpful. In contrast the presentation at Bluegreen/ Wilderness was a piece of cake. After listening to a great group presentation I got a young man who asked me if he had a chance in selling me and I said no, ( He was pushing me in a wheelchair) told him how sick I had been and his remark was " man, you are a fighter" They gave me 100 in Cedar Books which I used on lunch and a tour of Top of the Rock _ and 200 on a Visa debit card. Can't beat that.

Comment

Working...
                X