X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help eliminate conflict of interest on WorldMark BOD

Here is something I have received from WorldMark Owners Community

An independent WorldMark owner has put before the Board of Directors a proposal that would:
    • Eliminate Conflict of Interest by preventing anyone who is or has been an employee of the Developer from serving on the Board of Directors
    • Require that vacancies in the Board (whether by expansion of the Board or any other cause) be filled by vote of the members, not by appointment by the sitting Board
    • Require a vote of the membership to accept new resorts that do not fit certain benchmarks for Credit Allocation

In order for this proposal to be brought before the members of the Club for discussion and vote, it must have written support of 5% of the voting power of the Club. WM Owners reviewed the proposal and the petition, and fully supports this drive. We urge you to do the same.
    Please follow the link to the petition that is being circulated to owners in the hope that these changes can be made to help protect our club from further devaluation. Please, strongly consider participating in this petition drive and encouraging other WorldMark Owners you know to do the same. Link to Petition

The petition will simply get the proposals put before the owners, and is not an approval of the proposals.

Please join us if you . . .
    • are concerned that the current WorldMark Directors' connections to the developer and manager, Wyndham, may hinder their ability to act in the best interest of the owners.
    • would like to know that vacancies on the board will be filled by an owner independent of Wyndham or any of its affiliates.
    • are concerned about the fact that all new resorts are coming in at higher credit values and believe that your ability to lock-in tomorrow's vacations at today's prices is being impacted as a result.

Notes: See limits of the Petition: the outcome, if approved will not impact our current board but will only change the qualification requirement(s) for candidates in future elections; temporary appointment is allowed; See the link above for more information.

For general discussion about the election process, the issues, and the candidates, follow these links:

2007 Election Analysis
    History of WorldMark BoD positions

Proxy form and instructions
    Links to credit dilution, resort acceptance, credit allocation
    New resorts have much higher credit allocations
    WMOwners Home page and Endorsement of Marci Tribe
    WorldMark Owners - Take back our club! |Email me at ts4ms@kapeesh.com as it is easier for me to respond than Private Messages. | Exchanges:Disney's Old Key West (Orlando), Four Seasons Aviara (Carlsbad, CA), Marriott Timber Lodge (Tahoe), Tahiti Resort & HGVC/Strip (Las Vegas), Wyndham Flagstaff, Star Island Resort (Kissimmee) & Pono Kai (Kauai). Marriott Newport Coast (CA)

I have sent in my petition and would encourage you to do the same. Also if you know any other owners PLEASE tell them. or better yet send them the petition via email and ask them to send it in. If we band together as owners we will be able to take back our club. As I was looking at the post above I noticed that I could not see the petition itself. Here is a link to the petition.

http://www.wmowners.com/forum/files/..._final_408.pdf

As of today, September 10, 2008 we are nearing 10 million credits represented in the petition drive. No bad since the Board, in direct conflict with the governing documents, refuses to send the request to owners, or to allow it to be posted on their website, or entered in Destinations the Owners magazine. They are scared out of their minds that if owners learn what they are doing to our club they will lose their cash cow.

Comment

Working...
    X