Questions about Tahoe Worldmark presentation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about Tahoe Worldmark presentation

Believe it or not, I've never gone to a timeshare sales presentation. We've been exchanging for 6 years but have always turned down the offer to attend these sales presentations because of reading horror stories...

The concierge gal at the Southshore Tahoe Worldmark said she would double the usual dinner for two, lake cruise, or $50 American Exp and this has tempted me to take the tour but I wanted to get some feedback.

How do the Worldmark/Wyndam tours rate compared to some of the ones I've read about? Is 90 minutes actually 3 or 4 hours? Is the pressure high? I'm thinking that a weekend tour would be better/faster than one during the week as there will be more people and we might get by easier as some of the others will be more interested??

I have no problem in saying no, but I don't want to ruin my vacation either by being treated badly. I would never consider buying Worldmark retail but might resale as there's alot of product right in my backyard.

The Tahoe Southshore is not that impressive. It is newer (5 yrs?) but is mid to lower end construction and the unit is very dark with few windows.
    Location is right on route 50 which is good and bad and is about 1/4 mile from the lake.

It is completely dependent on the sales rep you get. They all work on 100% commission. If you don't buy, they don't get paid. And, if you don't buy, it hurts their APG (average per guest).

So, I would go in knowing that you are getting paid to take whatever they dish out. There is no free lunch.
    My Rental Site
    My Resale Site

Comment

Originally posted by BocaBum99

So, I would go in knowing that you are getting paid to take whatever they dish out. There is no free lunch.
      That makes sense.
      So if I look at it as to whether it's worth 4 hrs of my vacation time for approx $100 of stuff, then the answer is obvious. It's not worth going. Time is too valuable. And I also don't like to decieve people. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X