Depoe Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Depoe Bay

I booked a July 2015 week at Depoe Bay today. I'm an owner. I'm not a mega owner. I'm not a mega renter. I didn't use lead in days. I didn't get up at 6:00 AM to do it. It IS however exactly 13 months before my check in date...but there were choices available when I came home from work today and booked around 4:30 PM. I chose a 2bd Phase 1 with the understanding that this is the phase which should afford us the best ocean view. I *think* I'm supposed to be really excited about this. I'm trying to finagle too many things during that time period so this is a semi back up plan but could become the only plan. I have read for so many years how hard it is to book Depoe Bay especially for summer....but I just did it.

Stressy,
    I love Depoe Bay. We stayed in a 3BR unit in phase I and loved it.
    There is a thread OY that discussed some of the pitfalls of the 2BR units there. It seems that the master bedroom does not have windows open directly to the outside. This may or may not be a problem for you.

Comment

Lisa,

That link sends me to your VERY lovely pics of HHV I was torn between Gleneden for the beach access and Depoe Bay for the pure views. This trip is all about my daughter, so I showed her video of both resorts and asked her which one she liked. It only took seconds in for her to tell me Depoe Bay. She said it reminds her of the view at Cliffs Club and/or Ali'i Kai in Kauai. Sigh of relief as I had already booked it. Ok..maybe I'm getting excited now.

Comment

I am relatively new Worldmark owner, but I understand that all the Worldmark beach properties in Oregon have been difficult to reserve in the past because a few mega renters were able to bend the rules, reserve the entire summer in multiple units and the break those long reservations into smaller pieces for rent.I heard that they were actually on site checking in their guests, bypassing the resort desk. Last year the Worldmark board instituted some new rules to stop this abuse of the system. and promised better enforcement. If your experience is the norm, then it seems to have worked.

Comment

While the Oregon Coast can be a 13 month out dealio in Worldmark for Summer, its really the month of August that is prime weather. July can be and often is kind of cold at Depoe Bay. A 2 bed phase 1 does sit closest to the ocean but all of buildings are ocean front with views. I like ground floor and second story at this resort because the deck above your deck acts as a roof when it rains or the seagulls poop.

A few years ago I was able to get nine 2 bed units at WM Seaside in mid August. All were top floor. This required a burn day for 6 of the reservations. I did check all of the guests in. I don't consider this abusing anything.

Comment

Oh sorry! I was linking that thread for someone else and didn't copy it right here.
            Here is the thread.

I have stayed at Depoe Bay, Seaside and visited Gleneden. Depoe Bay is definitely my favorite. It's up on a bluff so yes it does remind me a bit of Cliffs Club in Princeville. I think you will have a great time there. We were also there in early July and weather was lovely.

Comment

I was talking about the guys that reserved the entire summer not just 8 days

Comment

Originally posted by LisaH View Post
                Oh sorry! I was linking that thread for someone else and didn't copy it right here.
                Here is the thread.

I have stayed at Depoe Bay, Seaside and visited Gleneden. Depoe Bay is definitely my favorite. It's up on a bluff so yes it does remind me a bit of Cliffs Club in Princeville. I think you will have a great time there. We were also there in early July and weather was lovely.
                The non window thing is odd...especially if there is no a/c...hopefully ceiling fans? That said...my daughter is actually fond of dreary weather (we live in the desert and it's just sun, sun, sun, most of the time) We look forward to the green, the ocean and misty weather if that is what our week holds....even in July.

Comment

Originally posted by ronparise View Post
                  I was talking about the guys that reserved the entire summer not just 8 days
                  lol... I took my bite out of July and August 2015. Not at Depoe Bay.

Comment

Working...
                  X