Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favorite VRI affiliated resort and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your favorite VRI affiliated resort and why?

I used to own in VRI and really enjoyed visiting several of the VRI resorts over the years.

My favorite so far has to be Beach club I in Ft. Myers beach.
    It's a very small resort with maybe 20 units but they are all facing the beach.
    The 2 bedrooms also have a balcony facing the bay so you get bay to beach coverage.

Another favorite is Bonita Beach resort & club because they give you the use of a boat for
    the price of gas for the week. Great fishing off the dock and a nice quiet beach.

Pollard Brook in NH mountains was awesome too. The views were spectacular.
    Great location for exploring the area. The units were nice too.

I'd love to learn about a few more VRI resorts. I won't likely exchange for a week with them but the Vacation Tyme is a great option for bonus time vacations.

I love the Gaslamp for obvious reasons but be forewarned, it's a bumpin' part of town and get get really loud late at night on the weekends. The units are perfect for an urban location and it doesn't get much better than 5th avenue for downtown San Diego. You can "day use" on the rooftop deck if you choose.

I've stayed at Azure Skies in Palm Springs. Small resort and older but awesome location again. Right around the corner from old Palm Springs. Even the studio units have large, full size kitchens.

Comment

All three of our resorts are VRI. Favorite? Sanibel Beach Club I. We have a great Gulf view and we just kick back and relax. The unit itself is very nice. Kitchen has everything including washer and dryer. Master bedroom is large. Master bath is very nice. Second bedroom now has two full size beds and the Gulf view. The living room is more than adequate. Second bathroom may be nicer than the Master. What is really good about it is the HOA. Actual owners run the place. Developer is long gone. There is an on-going upgrade program that keeps the units fresh and attractive. For example, the sliding doors to the Lanai were starting to let air leak and didn't work properly, so the board replaced them all with new, energy efficient doors that are very attractive and functional.

Comment

I think our Sedona Springs Resort is in the VRI family. I have never exchanged within the VRI system and don't really know much about it. I'll have to check out Azure Skies. Sounds like my kind of place.
        The legitimate object of Government is to do for a community of people whatever they need to have done but cannot do at all or cannot do so well for themselves”- Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by buzglyd View Post
          I'd love to learn about a few more VRI resorts. I won't likely exchange for a week with them but the Vacation Tyme is a great option for bonus time vacations.
          The last minute rentals in VRIety are a good deal.
          Similar to RCI's last calls. Most if not all are $294 regardless of size.
          I've seen some nice units in there.
          Many you won't see on RCI's last call inventory ever.

Comment

Originally posted by barndweller View Post
            I think our Sedona Springs Resort is in the VRI family. I have never exchanged within the VRI system and don't really know much about it. .
            It's free to join www.vrietyexchange.com so you should do so.
            At the very least you can take advantage of the bonus time last minute specials.

Comment

Originally posted by BWolf View Post
              All three of our resorts are VRI. Favorite? Sanibel Beach Club I. We have a great Gulf view and we just kick back and relax. The unit itself is very nice.
              B Wolf, do all of the units face the beach?

Comment

I have an expiring VRI week, if anyone might be able to use it please send me a PM or email

Comment

Just sent you a PM. :-)

Comment

Chriskre: No. Buildings 1, 2, 7, and 8 have great beach views from the lanai. Buildings 3, 4, 5, and 6 have pool views, with 4, 5, and 6 having limited beach views.

The map here shows how the buildings are oriented: http://sanibelbeachclub.com/PhotoGal...lbum.asp?CID=9

BTW, if anyone is interested, we own Unit 1D week 39 and 1D week 41. We no longer plan to use 1D week 39, so it is for rent or sale. We have rented it this year. I assume I can say this here, because HERE isn't THERE or OY as it is known.

Comment

What's the difference between VRI and Vacation Internationale?

Comment

Originally posted by eal View Post
                        What's the difference between VRI and Vacation Internationale?
                        I don't believe they are affiliated.
                        VRI is Vacation Resorts International and VIR is Vacation Internationale Resorts.
                        Similar names but different resorts.
                        They might have some overlapping resorts.
                        I think the Cove at Yarmouth is in both systems.

Comment

Working...
                        X