V I points chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V I points chart

Im thinking of acquiring a couple of VI contracts. Im looking for a points chart. Also I am wondering if contracts can be combined to reduce mf.

Thanks

Bill

Originally posted by easyrider View Post
    Im thinking of acquiring a couple of VI contracts. Im looking for a points chart. Also I am wondering if contracts can be combined to reduce mf.

Thanks

Bill

I have the opportunity to pick up some VI points but don't know what the different resorts/weeks are worth point-wise. Does anyone have a points chart or a link to one on-line? Bill asked a couple of years ago and didn't get a response. I am trying this again... Anyone?

Comment

Yup, I bought a contract with 182 points. We use this mostly for Hawaii but have used bonus time for Mazatlan Tores, Blackbird Lodge ( often) and the Pines at Sun River. So far we have stayed with points at Kingsbury ( Lake Tahoe), Sea Village (Kona) , Valley Isle (Maui) and Papakea (Maui). All of our points stays were 2 bd. The resorts are older but they are very close to the water regarding Hawaii and Mexico.

Here are some VI resorts point requirements. My contract has 182 points with the ability to use points in upcoming years. I have a rtu that ends in about 6 years. The cost per point is about $7.50 making my mf about $1365 a year. The Hawaii resorts in a 2 bed unit seem to cost about 19 points a night when I like to go in red season or about $142.00 a night. There is also a $20 per reservation charge from VI.

What I have decided is that I will not need to purchase another VI contract when this on expires because most of the VI resorts share inventory with other groups and individuals meaning you can often rent a unit from the hoa or vrbo at many of these resorts. Even so, I probably will purchase a VI account for continued use of bonus time when this one expires.

LAS VEGAS, NEVADA
      Carriage House Las Vegas Stu 1bd 2bd
      Maximum Occupancy 2/4 4 6
      Prime
      January 1-17
      February 1 - December 14
      December 25-31
      Friday & Saturday
      Sunday - Thursday 15
      12 20
      17 23
      Choice
      January 18-31
      December 15-24
      Friday & Saturday
      Sunday - Thursday 13
      9 15
      13 18

MAUI, HAWAII
      Hololani 2bd
      Maximum Occupancy 6
      Prime
      December 15 - April 30 18.5
      Choice
      July 1 - August 31
      November 16 - December 14 16
      Quiet
      May 1 - June 30
      September 1 - November 15 13.5

Comment

Originally posted by easyrider View Post
        Yup, I bought a contract with 182 points. We use this mostly for Hawaii but have used bonus time for Mazatlan Tores, Blackbird Lodge ( often) and the Pines at Sun River. So far we have stayed with points at Kingsbury ( Lake Tahoe), Sea Village (Kona) , Valley Isle (Maui) and Papakea (Maui). All of our points stays were 2 bd. The resorts are older but they are very close to the water regarding Hawaii and Mexico.

Here are some VI resorts point requirements. My contract has 182 points with the ability to use points in upcoming years. I have a rtu that ends in about 6 years. The cost per point is about $7.50 making my mf about $1365 a year. The Hawaii resorts in a 2 bed unit seem to cost about 19 points a night when I like to go in red season or about $142.00 a night. There is also a $20 per reservation charge from VI.

What I have decided is that I will not need to purchase another VI contract when this on expires because most of the VI resorts share inventory with other groups and individuals meaning you can often rent a unit from the hoa or vrbo at many of these resorts. Even so, I probably will purchase a VI account for continued use of bonus time when this one expires.

LAS VEGAS, NEVADA
        Carriage House Las Vegas Stu 1bd 2bd
        Maximum Occupancy 2/4 4 6
        Prime
        January 1-17
        February 1 - December 14
        December 25-31
        Friday & Saturday
        Sunday - Thursday 15
        12 20
        17 23
        Choice
        January 18-31
        December 15-24
        Friday & Saturday
        Sunday - Thursday 13
        9 15
        13 18

MAUI, HAWAII
        Hololani 2bd
        Maximum Occupancy 6
        Prime
        Choice
        July 1 - August 31
        Quiet
        May 1 - June 30

Thanks Bill for responding. What I am looking at purchasing is a 105pt membership. Is that enough points to get a 2bd unit at most resorts or would what be more like a 1bd?

Comment

Originally posted by thegortons View Post
          Thanks Bill for responding. What I am looking at purchasing is a 105pt membership. Is that enough points to get a 2bd unit at most resorts or would what be more like a 1bd?
          It depends on when and where you decide to go. Each resort has a point chart. For instance lets look at Hololani. All units are 2 bedroom. Prime season reservations cost 18.5 points per night. 105 points will get you 5 nights. 18.5 x 5 nights = 92.5. x 7.50 = $693.75 + $20 reservation fee = $713.75 / 5 = $142.75 per night.

If you went in "CHOICE" time it would take 16 points a night + the $20 reservation fee. 16 x 6 nights = 96 points x $7.50 = $720 + $20 reservation fee = $740 / 6 = $123.00 per night.

If you went in "QUIET " time it would take 13.5 points a night + the $20 reservation fee. 13.5 x 7 nights = 94.5 points x $7.50 + $20 reservation fee = $728.75 / 7 = $104.10 per night.

************************************************** **********************************

MAUI, HAWAII
          Hololani 2bd
          Maximum Occupancy 6

Prime

From Dec 15 to April 30 you are in prime time costing 18.5 points per night.

Choice
          July 1 - August 31

Nov 16 - Dec 14 is Choice time costing 16 points per night.

Quiet
          May 1 - June 30

Sept 1 - Nov 15 is quiet time costing 13.5 points per night.

************************************************** ************************************************** *****

Other resorts take less points and have different sized units. Steamboat Springs has studios, 1 bed and 2 bed. Here is what the point chart looks like.

************************************************** ************************************************** *********

STEAMBOAT SPRINGS, COLORADO
          The Village at Steamboat Stu 1bd 2bd
          Maximum Occupancy 2 4 6

Prime
          December 16 - April 7 11.5 15 18.5

Choice
          June 16 - September 15
          Memorial Day Weekend (Fri-Sun)
          Thanksgiving Weekend (Wed-Sat) 10 13 16
          Value
          June 1-15
          December 1-15 7.5 10 12.5

Quiet
          April 8 - May 31 (except Memorial Day Weekend)
          September 16 - November 30 (except Thanksgiving Weekend)

Friday & Saturday 6 8 10

Sunday - Thursday 3.5 4.5 5.5
          ************************************************** ************************************************

I have 182 points and I usually book choice time in Hawaii. In a 1 bed unit at 13 points a night I can get 14 nights. The cost is about $1385 total or $99 a night. The last couple of trips I used my Worldmark and vrbo for parts of our Hawaii trips.

The main reason I like the VI resorts are they are so close to the water in Hawaii. These are not the newest or fanciest buildings but they are the closest to the ocean regarding the Hawaii locations. This is because of the lax building codes of the 70's and 80's when these resorts were built.

Bill

Comment

Working...
          X