The Roosevelt Hotel, NYC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Roosevelt Hotel, NYC

I have a few questions for anyone who has anyone stayed at this hotel. Is the extra space for the one bedroom unit worth the points? Do the units have mini refrigerators? Can you recommend a nearby garage other than the one at the hotel? Were you able to check in early?

Thanks for your help.

Sam

You can read about it here:
    http://www.timeshareforums.com/forum...own-plaza.html
    Lawren
    ------------------------
    There are many wonderful places in the world, but one of my favourite places is on the back of my horse.
    - Rolf Kopfle

Comment

I ended up booking a 3 day stay in the one bedroom unit for 20,000 points, which doesn't seem too bad. If anyone has stayed in the one bedroom unit and can provide any details, it would be appreciated.

Also, it seems as though the number of units in each New York property has increased. I could have booked four one bedroom units and four studios in The Roosevelt and four studios and at least one larger unit in the other property (The Intercontinental?).

Thanks.

Sam

Comment

The points for the current NYC stays are quite reasonable because....
        instead of raising the points required
        or raising the MF/point paid across the system
        both of the NYC hotels have 'resort fees' of ~$840 in addition to points required
        ... not enough time for all the timeshares ®

Comment

Spence, I was just looking at this today.

The additional fees push the price for a week pretty high. I was thinking that was quite high compared to the total cost for a RHC week at the Affinia Dumont. I guess I should check ...

I did just check. Their website rack rate is more than double that. Guess I haven't been paying enough attention to NYC prices in a while.

So the current RHC price may be the best deal going.

I know with priceline I can stay there for a bid price of $150 a night but I can't get a whole week generally.

Comment

now seeing 'resort fees' of ~$420 in addition to points required
            so don't know if it's seasonal or if there's been a reduction

Comment

What are the resort fees for? We have exchanged into the Manhattan Club, HGVC West 57th Street, and Hilton Vacation Club on Avenue of The Americas. All the exchanges were with SFX and we did NOT have to pay any fees at all. The last exchange was last summer to the Hilton Vacation Club. Not only were there no fees at all, we had daily housekeeping, free breakfast every morning, and free drinks and food every evening.

I am assuming that the Roosevelt now has T/S.
              John

Comment

Originally posted by JWC
                What are the resort fees for? We have exchanged into the Manhattan Club, HGVC West 57th Street, and Hilton Vacation Club on Avenue of The Americas. All the exchanges were with SFX and we did NOT have to pay any fees at all. The last exchange was last summer to the Hilton Vacation Club. Not only were there no fees at all, we had daily housekeeping, free breakfast every morning, and free drinks and food every evening.

I am assuming that the Roosevelt now has T/S.
                Many RHC destinations are just hotels with which RHC has contracted year by year. RHC now offers hotel rooms at the Roosevelt. They change at will.

Your lack of fees has nothing to with RHC. I'll quote what RHC tells their members:

..the Club decided NOT to raise the Annual Fee for 2012. The great majority of our members voted for the Club to charge an additional fee only when members travel to one of those resorts with high demand. This will be based on the hotel visited and travel season.
                This should be stated more honestly with something like:
                ..the Club decided NOT to raise the Annual Fee for 2012. The great majority of our members voted for the Club not to raise fees which necessitates that they charge more and more fees when members travel to one of those resorts that cost more than the average run of the mill Mexican All Inclusive resorts. This will be based on the hotel visited and travel season.

RHC has charged fees in NYC for all my time with them - at the Affinias, more recently with the Crown Plaza, and now with the Roosevelt and the Intercontinental New York Barclay.

Comment

Spence,

When I stayed in NYC before with Affinia Dumont, you had to pay city taxes to the hotel direct around $50 / day.

Now you have to pay the city tax of approx $50 / day and another $60/day to RHC for NYC and other high demand locations i.e Nepolean, Rome, Miami, etc.
                  Traveling Broadens the mind and I want to do more French Quarter Fest in New Orleans is my favourite festival

Comment

This is correct. I was quioted a charge of $60 pernight plus the extra fee that teh hotel will add on. So the $800 that Spence posted is correct. Much cheaper to use RCI. WE have used RHC these past four years but will be staying at the Hilton this year.

Comment

yeah during Jan / Feb, some nice hotels in NYC were in the ranges of 100-150 per night.

So if RHC start at $110 per night, it makes hotel points reservation, pricelines, etc. more attractive.
                      Traveling Broadens the mind and I want to do more French Quarter Fest in New Orleans is my favourite festival

Comment

We just finished our three day stay at the Roosevelt. There were four of us, two adults and two children, in the one bedroom suite. We were in room 1108. It had two rooms and two full bathrooms. The rooms were large. The bedroom included two beds. The beds were probably queen size but may hve been full size. There was a large sofa bed in the livingroom with a mini refrigerator and microwave. They supplied Kuerig (?) coffees. Taxes were about $42 per day. We used the valet parking for convenience. It was $55 per 24 hours The location was great. We enjoyed our stay and would go back.

Sam

Comment

So you paid 20K points and $60/day to RHC?

Comment

Working...
                          X