Marriott TS UPDATE on new properties and Destination Club pricing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriott TS UPDATE on new properties and Destination Club pricing

Yesterday we attended a sales presentation at Ocean Watch. It had been a few years. We don't need any more points, but wanted to hear the latest. Here it is:

DC points are now running $12.66 per point, so for 2500 points you pay $31,650. For 4000 points you pay $50,640. Ouch! I'm curious as to what the after market, market looks like for points these days and if anyone on the forum has purchased that way.

NEW TS properties:

We were told that 5 are going to be coming on line soon (not sure what "soon" means). They will be in the following locations:
    1. Washington, DC
    2. San Diego
    3. The Big Island of Hawaii
    4. South Beach
    5. New York City

The big push was that these new resorts will require a lot of points......yea yea yea.

Anyway, I thought folks might be interested in knowing. Does anyone have information on when these resorts are going live?
    HLIW
    "I'm not afraid of storms, for I'm learning how to sail my ship." Louisa May Alcott

Regarding your question about the resale market for Marriott points, here are the e-bay sales that I have seen since last summer:

Marriott Destinations Club 1000 pts $3700 08/24/14
    Marriott Destinations Club 1000 pts $3550 05/03/15
    Marriott Destinations Club 1500 pts $3650 03/09/15
    Marriott Destinations Club 1500 pts $4250 03/21/15
    Marriott Destinations Club 1500 pts $7750 05/19/15
    Marriott Destinations Club 2500 pts $12600 11/24/14
    Marriott Destinations Club 2500 pts $3000 12/09/14

Remember this is just the purchase price. The closing costs and Marriott's enrollment fee ($2/pt, $3000 minimum) would be additional.

Comment

Has anyone seen ROFR for DC points?
      HLIW
      "I'm not afraid of storms, for I'm learning how to sail my ship." Louisa May Alcott

Comment

I think they are exercising below $4.50 a point or somewhere in that neighborhood depending on the number of points.

Comment

Working...
        X