DVC Fee raises to $190

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVC Fee raises to $190

Just read that the fee for RCI exchangers is going up to $190. Still better than Manhattan Club with more benefits, but YIKES!
    Jacki

Just out of principles, I would never exchange into Disney and never have.

Comment

Ouch! That is a big increase!

Is that to cover use of Disney transportation and extra magic hours?

Maria

Comment

Originally posted by mpizza View Post
        Ouch! That is a big increase!

Is that to cover use of Disney transportation and extra magic hours?

Maria
        Allegedly.
        They used to say it was to cover magical express from airport and Transpo around the property.
        Seems Transpo around the property is free to everyone whether you are staying on the property or not.

They charge it because they can.
        Pat
        *** My Website ***

Comment

Originally posted by GrayFal View Post
          Allegedly.
          They used to say it was to cover magical express from airport and Transpo around the property.
          Seems Transpo around the property is free to everyone whether you are staying on the property or not.

My daughter is planning on a 3 day mini vacation there next month. She said with air, 3 nights in All Star Resort and tickets for the 3 of them (baby is free), it will run her $1500 before food!
          Yikes!
          Jacki

Comment

Originally posted by GrayFal View Post
            Allegedly.

Yup.
            I guess it's still cheaper than renting from Disney.
            That should also improve the situation for owners who rent their points.

Comment

There is only thing an RCI exchanger gets that a guest of (or renter from) a Member does not: the ability to call Member Services' toll free number for planning.

That's an awfully expensive phone call!

However, I suspect the increase won't change anything in terms of exchange demand.

Comment

Originally posted by bnoble View Post
                There is only thing an RCI exchanger gets that a guest of (or renter from) a Member does not: the ability to call Member Services' toll free number for planning.

That's an awfully expensive phone call!

However, I suspect the increase won't change anything in terms of exchange demand.
                I don't think it affected the Manhattan Club, and they are up to $37.50 per day for a studio!
                Jacki

Comment

Originally posted by bnoble View Post
                  I suspect you're right. It's still the cheapest option going that I know of, and it's not like staying onsite is ever the best deal around.

Comment

Working...
                  X