No announcement yet.

Where does Disney's revenue come from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where does Disney's revenue come from?

Surprisingly the bulk of their revenue does not come from the theme parks.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/business_...l?wpsrc=fol_tw

Most years, ESPN by a mile. Don't you read the earnings reports?

Comment

Nope.
      I own one stock of Disney and it's framed on my wall.

Comment

WOW, I thought it from selling those turkey legs at dw. Seeing people knawing on a turkey leg was interesting. Knawing on one myself was fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by chriskre View Post
          Nope.
          I don't own any (except as a portion of my index fund) but I find the business fascinating.

Comment

Originally posted by bnoble View Post
            I don't own any (except as a portion of my index fund) but I find the business fascinating.
            Well I might own in my retirement funds.
            Honestly I haven't checked what is in those funds.
            I'm sure there has got to be some Disney in there somewhere.

And yeah the business of Disney is fascinating.
            I did have to take a Disney training once at the hospital called "If Disney ran your hospital".
            It was very interesting, not that upper management ever let us put any of it into practice.

Comment

Disney is the only actual I own, and it is a VERY large amount. I bought it years ago, too many to count and I must say over all these years it has done quite well. It has been at least 30 years ago I bought it. Even now I can't imagine what posesssed me to such a large block but I sure am glad I did.

Comment

Good for you. I see the stock has been doing quite well for the last year

Comment

Oh after know the fact its really shocking.

Comment

The thing that caught my eye right away was the use of the word "revenue". In business terms, revenue only refers to the amount you take in, but ignores expenses. Hence it does not say anything about profitability or earnings. ESPN, for example, brings in a lot of revenue, but its earnings - and future profitability - are in question.

Comment

a lot of useful information, is pleased to join your community!
                      chriskre
                      Super Moderator
                      Last edited by chriskre; 03-30-2017, 11:09 PM. Reason: Link removed

Comment

Wonderful community

I am glad and lucky to join your perfect community today, I felt that I have found the best forum for sports online, timeshare is famous in our country, my friend told me about your site. Thanks a lot! - Commercial link removed by tonyg

Comment

Thanks for sharing this information.

Comment

Amazing site, thanks much. Looking forward to the new update, will back again, thank you my friend...
                            bigfrank
                            Administrator
                            Last edited by bigfrank; 01-17-2017, 01:43 AM. Reason: Removed embedded ;ink

Comment

Originally posted by chriskre View Post
                              Nope.
                              My mom bought a share of stock for each of my daughters were they were little. She wanted them to have a piece of Disneyland. They each get a dividend check each year.
                              Luanne

Comment

Working...
                              X