Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Dining Reservation Rule

http://www.disneydining.com/major-ne...-disney-world/

Finally, Disney is trying to stop those that make multiple reservations with no intention of using them. The reservation cheaters will have to stop or pay a fee. Yay, Disney. It's about time.
    The legitimate object of Government is to do for a community of people whatever they need to have done but cannot do at all or cannot do so well for themselves”- Lincoln

It's about time.
    Scott

Comment

I am all for the dining cancellation fees. I believe this will help with ADR availability.

I write the following realizing the mouse needs his cheese and this is a business. Also know that I am an obsessive planner - so that is why this strikes me odd that some of the magic is fading for me and it has to do with the almost requirement of being on a schedule while on vacation.

I long ago gave up on the dining package: When we had it, I felt the need to maximize it and as a result our trips were tied around where we had to be next to eat. ADRs are still needed and I make them - but not for every TS meal anymore, just the places I really desire to go to.

Fast Passes: The old system - get a pass and could come back anytime after the allotted time. Now, you have to come back within that window. Ok, Ok I will admit that this is the way it should have worked all along. But, I did like the freedom to come back whenever.

Fast Pass +: This new system allows you to prebook your FPs in advance. Really, I can now sit at home prior to my trip and plan on Tuesday between 2-3pm I will be riding Soarin cuz I have a FP for it.

I see upcoming Disney days with my mobile app in hand following a schedule that I was forced to make months in advance in order to maximize my day.

All well....it is what it is....we will continue to do more "Orlando" vacations instead. But, not too worry Mickey....we have added a Disney Cruise once a year to our vacation plans so you still will get your cheese. We will get our fill of "magic" out on the open seas where the scheduling isn't as much. NOTE: not as much - but still required!!!

Comment

I agree...Hopefully, this will make it a little easier to get reservations.
        Angela

If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

BTW, I'm still keeping track of how many times you annoy me.

Comment

Working...
        X