Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favorite Disney resort and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your favorite Disney resort and why?

So being the huge Disneyphile that I am I've stayed at most of the timeshares but not all of them.

My favorite so far is hands down Animal Kingdom Kidani.
    I just love the theming of this resort. I could live here.
    It really makes you feel like you have stepped into Africa.
    Well Disney's version of course, but the immersion experience is awesome.

Sanaa is a gem of a restaurant and Jiko is also one of my favorite restaurants on property.

My next favorite resort has to be Vero beach.
    I just love the laid back feeling of this resort.
    It's understated elegance makes it a very special place.
    The beach isn't so great but just being there is magical.
    Not too many hidden Mickey's, well there are a few, but it's definitely understated Mickey.
    I haven't stayed in the cottages yet but have stayed in all the other classes of rooms and
    have enjoyed every stay so far.
    Planning on going back real soon again to use up my left over expiring points.
    I feel very blessed to have this resort close by to burn expiring points.
    No sense in letting them go to waste.

Boardwalk Vills has always been my favorite DVC.....I love the proximity to Epcot, (my favorite park) the feel of the resort, and the boardwalk itself. Beach Club Villas would be my second choice, for the same reasons.

Animal Kingdom certainly has tons of character as you say, and I'm looking forward to Grand Floridian!
    Angela

If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

BTW, I'm still keeping track of how many times you annoy me.

Comment

Loved BCV, my first and only experience staying at a DVC resort, for the same main reason as Angela - ability to walk into EPCOT. Loved visiting AK resort for same reasons as Chris - and glad to see you enjoyed Sanaa too.

Comment

Also a Boardwalk Villas fan. Exchanged thru II several years ago and loved the location to walk to Epcot & take the boat ride to Hollywood Studios. Strolled around Aulani while on Oahu last year and liked the grounds but it's pretty far from anything else on the island. I'd love to stay at Grand Californian but the prices are outrageous. For now I'll just sit in the beautiful lobby and enjoy the ambiance for free!
        The legitimate object of Government is to do for a community of people whatever they need to have done but cannot do at all or cannot do so well for themselves”- Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by ArtsieAng View Post
          Boardwalk Vills has always been my favorite DVC.....I love the proximity to Epcot, (my favorite park) the feel of the resort, and the boardwalk itself. Beach Club Villas would be my second choice, for the same reasons.

Animal Kingdom certainly has tons of character as you say, and I'm looking forward to Grand Floridian!
          I like the Boardwalk hotel too but the rooms are getting very tired. Time for a refurb Disney.

Originally posted by IreneLF View Post
          Loved BCV, my first and only experience staying at a DVC resort, for the same main reason as Angela - ability to walk into EPCOT. Loved visiting AK resort for same reasons as Chris - and glad to see you enjoyed Sanaa too.
          BCV is nice too but the TS rooms all face the parking lots so no special feel which I found disappointing.
          It is nice to be able to take the boat to the Studios & Epcot though.
          Really makes visiting those two parks easy and it's extra nice during Food & Wine festival.

Originally posted by barndweller View Post
          Strolled around Aulani while on Oahu last year and liked the grounds but it's pretty far from anything else on the island. I'd love to stay at Grand Californian but the prices are outrageous. For now I'll just sit in the beautiful lobby and enjoy the ambiance for free!
          And this is a great thing. You can just visit the resorts and have a similar experience to those who are staying in the resort.
          It's nice that Disney lets you visit the hotels and eat in the restaurants even if you are not staying there.
          Of course that's how I got hooked into buying into DVC so it's a mouse trap.

Comment

Originally posted by chriskre View Post
            I like the Boardwalk hotel too but the rooms are getting very tired. Time for a refurb Disney.

Of course that's how I got hooked into buying into DVC so it's a mouse trap.
            ha!

We've only stayed at AKV - Kidani, but loved staying on-site. I think we'd love staying anywhere on Disney, but maybe it was the three bathrooms and love the long room-width balcony over looking the animals. If our contract passes ROFR, then we'll be able to try out all the dvc resorts . Hoping Disney realizes this might be it's only chance to convince my dh to take us every year .

Comment

For me, just can't beat being so close to Epcot and the Studios, so an Epcot area resort always wins. We started by staying at the Boardwalk several times and REALLY liked it. But the last three times its been Beach Club Villas and, quite frankly, like them better. Though the rooms are slightly smaller than those at BWV, the Beach Club resort itself benefits from being smaller overall. The Boardwalk is HUGE! It takes much longer to get from the front door to the elevator and from the elevator to your room. Plus the staff at BC seems less formal, more friendly.

Comment

We really like BLT. As parents of a toddler who still naps, it is nice to have the option of a bed nap versus a stroller nap (which is never as good for DS) without missing out on too much of MK. Other than MK, AK is the other park he likes at the moment. EPCOT is a little lost on him, and since he's been to DCA, HS is just not cutting it for him, LOL.
                We also like the decor of BLT. Some of the other WDW resorts are too busy for our taste, and AKL is a little dark. In a few years, I can see that being our new fave. Haven't yet seen VGF IRL yet, but I can see myself liking those units, too. The decor is more me than DH, though.

Comment

MY favorite so far is BWV. Although I've only stayed at BWV and DWL. I love the convenience of BWV in regards to walking to Epcot, and the short ferry ride to HS.

Comment

Working...
                  X