Question about Sunterra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Sunterra

My son is looking at a Sunterra timeshare on eBay to possibly bid on. I only own one timeshare (Marriott) so I'm not familiar with Sunterra. The auction does not mention points. It is the "Sunterra Resorts Scottsdale Villa Mirage". From reading the auction, it looks like a straightforward purchase of a week, but again, no mention of points.

Just wondering if someone can clarify this for me. I'm trying to be helpful to my son but since my only experience is with our Ko Olina timeshare, I'm not that helpful.

My apologies for not reading the threads above about Sunterra before I asked my question.

Having said that, I would still welcome any comments/suggestions from Sunterra experts!

Comment

Originally posted by Cyndy
      My son is looking at a Sunterra timeshare on eBay to possibly bid on. I only own one timeshare (Marriott) so I'm not familiar with Sunterra. The auction does not mention points. It is the "Sunterra Resorts Scottsdale Villa Mirage". From reading the auction, it looks like a straightforward purchase of a week, but again, no mention of points. Just wondering if someone can clarify this for me. I'm trying to be helpful to my son but since my only experience is with our Ko Olina timeshare, I'm not that helpful.
      If you're talking about this one
      SUNTERRA'S SCOTTSDALE VILLA MIRAGE, ARIZONA : II 5 STAR
      NO RESERVE: FLOATING WEEK 1-52 ODD YRS : RCI GOLD CROWN Item number: 4447506730

or even if you're not
      it doesn't talk about points because it has nothing to do with points at present. This is a unit that was probably originally sold/bought prior to Sunterra's shift to the Club Sunterra points based system. It is a floating week that, according to the description, can be used any week of the year by probably reserving up to one year in advance.

I know that this resort is affiliated with RCI and could trade there, I'm not sure, off the top of my head, whether it could really trade with II without being in points/Club Sunterra.

It could be converted to points by the new owner but would not be worth it in my opinion since it would be of very low points value being a Studio unit every other year.
      ... not enough time for all the timeshares ®

Comment

Cyndy,

Pop over to Timesharetalk We have a dedicated area for Sunterra which is run by owners and previous members of the Official Sunterra Group.

There is a bit of controversy going on at the moment, but I don't know how it would affect you over the pond.

Paul
        http://www.timesharetalk.co.uk - Europe's largest timeshare forum - for owners, by owners

Comment

Originally posted by Spence
          If you're talking about this one
          SUNTERRA'S SCOTTSDALE VILLA MIRAGE, ARIZONA : II 5 STAR
          NO RESERVE: FLOATING WEEK 1-52 ODD YRS : RCI GOLD CROWN Item number: 4447506730

or even if you're not
          it doesn't talk about points because it has nothing to do with points at present. This is a unit that was probably originally sold/bought prior to Sunterra's shift to the Club Sunterra points based system. It is a floating week that, according to the description, can be used any week of the year by probably reserving up to one year in advance.

I know that this resort is affiliated with RCI and could trade there, I'm not sure, off the top of my head, whether it could really trade with II without being in points/Club Sunterra.

It could be converted to points by the new owner but would not be worth it in my opinion since it would be of very low points value being a Studio unit every other year.
          That is precisely the unit I was referring to. I have decided the best advice I can give my son is to TAKE HIS TIME! No need to jump on the first thing that looks good. It's all about learning and it's boards like these, and helpful people, that help make an informed decision

Thanks to those who answered. I really appreciate it!

Comment

Working...
          X