Cypress Point vs Grand Beach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cypress Point vs Grand Beach

I am not familiar with the DRI Orlando resorts at all. Which is a better choice to stay at - Cypress Point Phase II or Grand Beach Phase I?

Thanks

Location wise CPGV. Otherwise those two are similar.

Comment

Originally posted by muzjik
      I am not familiar with the DRI Orlando resorts at all. Which is a better choice to stay at - Cypress Point Phase II or Grand Beach Phase I?

Thanks
      Any resaons you are not looking at CYP I ?

Comment

Originally posted by Ryne08 View Post
        Any resaons you are not looking at CYP I ?
        Availability

We're tacking on a few days to a RCI exchange into HGVC International Drive in Oct. Right now, those are the two DRI Orlando options. The points needed already reflects 50% off per the latest Club Specials.

What would be the difference between CYP I and II?

Comment

Grand Beach is nicer and more like HGVC I-Drive (I Own At SeaWorld) but CP is on the better side of I-4. The two resorts are off of the same road SR535 and are only 5 minutes from each other.

Grand Beach is most likely more points so if that matters then I'd stay at CP

Scott

Comment

I stayed at Grand Beach about 2 years ago and it is a very nice resort to stay at and is close to shopping, food and DW.

Comment

I appreciate all the great input. I went ahead with Grand Beach, mainly we are coming from a 3 bedroom unit and I decided I wanted to keep that size.

Tamara

Comment

Ooops, double post. How did I do that??

Comment

So happy that you posted this thread, as I just confirmed two 3BR units at Grand Beach for Dec 09. The RCI and tripadvisor reviews looked great.

The units sound huge with two master suites. I also liked the sound of a screened patio.

Jana

Comment

I stayed in Grand Beach and Cypress Point Phase II few months ago. I think Grand Beach 3 bedrooms Lockoff Unit is much better than Cypress. Grand Beach 3 bedrooms unit just renew all the unit such as repaint, new furniture, new bed...etc...Also, it's very closed to the beach and more silent. Employees are very nice than Cypress Point. Grand Beach is very nice place and I love it. Grand Beach unit style is very model.

Comment

It seems like the general view is that Grand Beach is better. My wife and I do not feel that way. We always stay at Cypress Pointe (either Phase 1 or 2 - more on that later) and this past Feb we stayed at Grand Beach.

Grand Beach is nice, and is actively managed by Diamond Resorts (DRI). However, there were a number of things about it that put it below either of the Cypress Pointe resorts in our opinion.

Even though they are both on the Apopka-Vineland Rd, Cypress Pointe is North of the Interstate and walking distance from countless restaurants. There also is a back way out of Cypress Pointe whereby you can also get to Sea World in about 10 minutes. There is a stoplight at the intersection of the road that leads into Cypress Pointe, so it's easy to exit. At times I felt we were taking our lives in our hands when we left Grand Beach.

There is one other thing that is very important to us - Cypress Pointe is non-smoking in the units. My wife has asthma and I have allergies. Cigarette smoke that has embedded itself in ulphostery is very hurtful to both of us. Grand Beach has non-smoking units, but we were not fortunate enough to have one.

The two phases of Cypress Pointe are similar, but different, with different HomeOwners Associations (HOA). Both of them have three bedroom units. There is a master bedroom with king bed, a 2nd bedroom with twins, and a lockout unit with a king bed (I believe - may be queen, but I believe is king). They were originally developed with large screen TV's in the living room, and I know Phase 1 has replaced them with large screen LCD TV's. The lockout units in both have a shower and roman tub. Phase 2 is larger, nicer, has 4 and 5 story buildings and has elevators. Phase 1 is three story without elevators.

The lockout unit in Phase 2 has enough of a kitchen so it can be traded by itself. The lockout unit in Phase 1 has a microwave, coffee pot and maybe a small frige, but can't be exchanged by itself. So, it's easier to get a 3 bedroom unit there than in Phase 2.

Even though the units are smaller, the HOA for Phase 1 has been more active in adding refinements like wireless networking, so it may be nicer than Phase 2. Each is upgrading, so it may not be.

All the units at Grand Beach are off of a hall that has locked doors at each end. Your room key allows entrance. This feature held in the cigarette smoke for the floor we were on.

The units at Cypress Pointe are more open, so that air blows by the area where you enter the elevators in Phase 2 or climb the steps in Phase 1.

There are screened porches off the living room/master bedroom and off the lockout units in both phases of Cypress Pointe. There is a nice porch off the living room at Grand Beach.

Grand Beach has two pools. Cypress Pointe 1 has a large pool with a volcano and Phase 2 has two pools. You can use any of these when you stay at either phase.

Cypress Pointe, although a DRI resort, is managed by VRI.

Comment

Hello to all,
                        Thanks so much for your reviews of the two resorts. I happen to have reservations at Polynesian Isles, phase IV in July 2009. Has anyone stayed there?

Comment

Originally posted by longtimer
                          Hello to all,
                          Thanks so much for your reviews of the two resorts. I happen to have reservations at Polynesian Isles, phase IV in July 2009. Has anyone stayed there?
                          Yes, many years ago. I personally liked the off strip location and the ambiance of PI more than CPI/CPII.
                          ... not enough time for all the timeshares ®

Comment

PI is located in a residential area correct. Any problem's with the locals?

Comment

It's tucked away between two highways, I wouldn't call it residential.
                              3045 Polynesian Isles Blvd Kissimmee, Florida 34746 - Google Maps
                              although there is a large sub-development 'next door' on PI Blvd.
                              ... not enough time for all the timeshares ®

Comment

Working...
                              X