Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RCI - each of the Diamond Resorts charges an amenities fee

Dear RCIMember:

We were pleased to confirm your RCI Vacation Exchange to a Diamond Resort.

This letter is a follow-up to the resort information shared with you at the time you confirmed your vacation and the Resort Information Sheet you received with your RCI Exchange Confirmation. We want your stay to be enjoyable and wanted to remind you that each of the Diamond Resorts charges an amenities fee. This fee is per day (plus tax). The rate with the corresponding property is listed below:

RESORT NAME FEE (in USD)
    The Historic Powhatan Resort $10
    Grand Villas Resort $6
    Historic Crags Lodge @ Golden Eagle $5
    Flamingo Beach Resort $10
    Sedona Vacation Club/Los Abrigados $15
    The Suites at Fall Creek $5
    Grand Beach I $10
    The Point at Poipu $25
    Royal Palm Beach Resort $10
    Kohl’s Ranch Lodge $10
    Greensprings Vacation Resort $5
    Sedona Summit $12
    Scottsdale Villa Mirage $15
    The Ridge on Sedona Golf $10
    Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort $20
    Ka’anapali Beach Club $25
    Bent Creek Golf Village $5
    Villas De Santa Fe $10
    Grand Beach II $10
    Scottsdale Links Resort $15
    Charter Club Resort of Naples Bay $13
    Bryan’s Spanish Cove $8
    Barefoot’n in The Keys at Old Town $5
    Orbit One Vacation Villas $5
    Polynesian Isles IV $10
    Polynesian Isles $10

... not enough time for all the timeshares ®

Resorts which charge these unethical fees should be punished for it by slapping them down on the RCI report card after your exchange, which will hurt their GC/SC status if enough people do it. I give such resorts a zero in the Hospitality column as such obnoxious fees are downright unhoepitable, and also a zero on check-in / check-out as paying these obnoxious fees are an unpleasantry at that time. Both the Hospitality and Check-in / check-out scores count toward whether they qualify for GC or SC status.

They zing us, so we need to zing them back.

Comment

Or you could just go elsewhere.

Comment

Yes and as I said before when I stayed at Greensprings. It was bad enough that they nickled and dimed me for amenities like internet and mini golf (a really basic course not the kind that you would pay to play) in an area like Williamsburg where you have so many other choices that include these. Now they are charging a mandatory daily fee for these things. No thank you. You were already toward the bottom of the 12 or so resorts in Williamsburg. You have now succeeded in dropping even lower. Thanks DRI. There are resorts that charge owners half to 3/4's of the MF charged to DRI owners, that are just as nice if not nicer and include those amenities to both owners and exchange guests.

Comment

I booked Cypress Point back in September for January and was notified a week before check in that the 10 a day fee applied. I would not have chosen that resort, which also charges for internet, and towel exchange.

Comment

Originally posted by tonyg View Post
            Or you could just go elsewhere.
            That is letting them get away with this banditry. There members come to our resorts and do not have to pay these ridiculous extra fees.

I wish it were possible to do a reciprocal system, where our resorts could charge people trading in from a resort that had such fees an identical fee, but not charge it to people trading in from resorts which did not impose such fees.

Comment

I'm not in RCI, so it is a moot thing for me. If they were in II, I would be badgering my home resort to hit them with a substantial fee.

Comment

I'm not in RCI, so it is a moot thing for me. If they were in II, I would be badgering my home resort to hit them with a substantial fee.
                You can find DRI weeks in II as well as RCI. Most DRI resorts with fixed or float (but not points) week owners exchange through RCI. There are a few that trade through both and a few that go through II only (I think).

All Club members with points exchange through II and DRI picks the resorts and dates that get deposited.

Comment

On second thought, will II allow them to make the charge ? The original post was to RCI members.

Comment

On second thought, will II allow them to make the charge ? The original post was to RCI members.
                    Can II stop them?
                    The Westgate here in Miami beach has a resort fee that they charge exchangers.
                    One of the reasons I haven't exchanged in yet.

Comment

Some resorts treat exchangers from different exchange companies differently. I was checking into a resort some summers ago on the French Riviera, and the people in line ahead of me were RCI exchangers, who had to pay over a hundred euros in extra fees to the resort. When it was my turn as a DAE exchanger, I only had one fee which was less than ten euros, and that one was also charged to their own members, so I regarded it as fair.

Comment

Originally posted by Carolinian View Post
                        I wish it were possible to do a reciprocal system, where our resorts could charge people trading in from a resort that had such fees an identical fee, but not charge it to people trading in from resorts which did not impose such fees.
                        I completely agree with this! I particularly resent having to pay for utilities and housekeeping. When I exchange my Worldmark ownership, I pay housekeeping fees or use a housekeeping credit so why so I pay again while owners from those resorts benefit from at my expense?
                        Syd

Comment

Working...
                        X